Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 98385

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Discussion] Coming back

[Copy link] 6/678

Posted on 2021-05-01 03:33:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello everyone,

I use to play this game for like 7 years ago, and oh boy did I love the atmosphere of it! So I was thinking of coming back, and was wondering what would you guys think about it? Which server should I start and so on.
Also, I did see somebody say "go for bbo" yet I was unable to see any type of forum for that.

So if you guys could enlighten me whether if there are any active players and guilds still playing? 

Thank you so much,
Have a nice one

Signature
Posted on 2021-05-01 11:40:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

edited*

MMP is or was until just recently, the most populated and has the most PVP
Columbus is also well populated at about the same numbers with PVP
Zheng He is pretty empty so it is difficult if you want to buy items from other players but ok if you have a core group of people you play with AND dont want to be bothered by PVP (though it still happens on occasion).
"battle server" is an event server that players get auto logged into so you can not join that server.

BBO does not have an official forum.  There is a player made web site and the Discord server/channel that accepts players from all versions of the game.

I personally do not play BBO so can not give you info on which server is English language or what is best there...also since this is the VCO forum if you want BBO info I have to point you to the Discord server.

As far as VCO goes;
There are still many active players (but a lot of alts too - so its hard to even guess at real numbers).
Guilds are still active but you have to ask around for which is active and plays during your play times.

Also, you will probably need to start with a new character as it has been so long since you  played. 

So you may not see a lot of other players right away, as they are mostly higher level and will likely be playing in the higher instances.

Follow the Beginner quest line guide (some in game instructions are not clear and if not followed correctly the quest line can "break" leaving you with a partial leveled useless character).
The beginner quest line, Knight Vigil 1 and Knights vigil 2 quest lines will level you up fast to 140 ish... max is now 180, and doing these quests will  give you the level 140 equipment (which you upgrade to higher levels).
The guide will also give you some leveling tips and hints ... it is a bit wordy but many players do not remember answers to beginner questions anymore and a lot of questions may be answered in that guide.

If you have not already... you will need to delete all old VCO files (by hand - no program removal software works on vco) - an almost totally new game (lots of old npc were removed) was introduced a few years ago.
then install the latest version and the patches (manually and in the correct order - auto updates may not work)
remember to install and always start the game as administer.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-05-01 17:34:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Welcome back.

Columbus is probably the most active server these days. MMP after it, then Zheng He.
Because of that fact I would suggest starting on Columbus as its the most likely place you will find a helpful guild that will help you progress trough the game, as it has a lot of grinding if your goal is to become strongest player in game.

BBO is a completely unrelated game to this one. Its basically the same game, but hosted by a different company. It doesn't have a forum and recently had a huge database leak. The guys on Discord which gave you the suggestion are BBO players trying to bring new players to their game since they have no other way of getting players.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: https://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2021-05-02 13:36:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

It is really difficult to tell which server has more players or just more alts

If you compare the number of player booths selling items in Seville this Sunday (time of day was right before i posted this)
Columbus had 31 pages of items being sold by 30 characters
MMP had 29 pages of items being sold by 29 characters
Zheng He had 6 pages of items being sold by 4 characters.

No way to really tell as even if you went into battleground (shared server) and counted people that would only count the ones who like pvp and are on at that time of day.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-05-04 06:27:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

go mmp is more cheap server and the real more players all time

Signature
Posted on 2021-05-04 07:06:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

if  you will start from zero go to BBO its more player friendly you can rise faster and you will get more from this nice game 
VCO is good if you have friends there , but then you are not in VCO becouse the game but for the people

Signature
Mov Columbus
Posted on 2021-05-06 10:08:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

Two different opinions from players of the same server - interesting.

Signature