Create Thread

[Discussion] problem lag

[Copy link] 4/790

Posted on 2020-12-20 07:48:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

i have lag on columbus and on pale bg.
Fok you can fix the lag cant play have delay 1-2 sec

Signature
Posted on 2020-12-20 16:33:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

Unfortunately your country has a history of bad connection to the servers...
(it probably has to do with the (extra) length of the path your signal has to travel and the  quality of the lines you get shunted too)

AND

it is also the holidays

and as a warning next weekend is a LONG holiday weekend Thursday - Sunday for most Americans so, no work...
combined with the strict virus stay at home warnings in place ( 2 week quarantine if anyone wants to visit me) the internet is just going to LAG BADLY probably until at least January 5 because  Dec 31-Jan 3 is another long holiday weekend...

and yeah I have a family Zoom meeting Thursday... and one every Sunday.

and then schools start back up but guess what?  EVERY School is now online!!  so the lag may continue.

- ele

and as if you didn't already know... if one person is not affected then it is not a game wide problem and it gets treated as the players fault/ problem.  We have lag problems every year during the holidays and they NEVER do anything about it.

Sorry, its just a fact after all this time...

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-12-20 16:44:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

why dont have on another game? and only on vco? you know how many ppl say haved problem on bg? upgrade the system and fix the delay have. before years why dont haved whith more shit internet speed? yes now haved the bad internet provider and never fault on vco 

Signature
Posted on 2020-12-20 17:52:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

The fact that other games do not lag has been pointed out for many years...
again I can not answer for IGG.

If they didn't fix it years ago when the number of players was greater... I seriously doubt they will fix it now with a low player base.

I will point out that at one time they did try to equalize everyone's speed by making everyone's signal go through Amsterdam... but that didn't last long as it made it pretty much the same for Europeans but increased lag for those in the USA.

Because I have done a lot of tracing over the years... I have noticed their internet provider changed a few years back but complaints did not necessarily decrease - though it may be a internet company name change - as in bought out by another IDK

a current trace from my house shows  my signal going from my provider and changing to a company called  Internap corporation once it hits California... then finally to  a skyunion (IGG) address that also is a Internap Corporation ISP. [back in 2016 they used NTT for an ISP]

Another problem here in the states is Internet companies have the right to put non paying customers to lower priority lines (ie slower connection)
so ...
if a company doesn't want to spend the money to fix their servers, they can just use that excuse and blame others... especially when most of the player base is from out of country.

I would like to ramble on and add more in depth business social issues but I'll be nice and end it here.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-12-23 06:39:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature