Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 98671

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] [Solved] [Bug report] Some New Accounts can not log into game, forum ok

Close [Copy link] 5/1744

Posted on 2018-02-03 16:22:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

New players often can not log into the game, but they can log in and type in the forums.

We do not know what is causing this.  This bug has been happening for a few years now, maybe since the 2016 update?

We know funofking (our only IGG active administrator)  is aware of the problem as he said in one thread he fixed it for that person (but that person never replied if that was true or not) http://vc.forum.igg.com/redirect?cmd=reply&ctid=62002&crid=502093

below is the only know things to look for and to try to "fix" the problem

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is assuming you are getting the game to "start" and get to the log in screen of the ship sitting at dock w/ the select a server screen showing (where the 5 servers are listed).

-------------

Might be a combination of 2 or 3 things:
account reactivation
the game accepting your name bug
capital letters/ characters

1)  Activate your account
old accounts get closed with 3 or 6 months un-use and new ones will not work till activated.

Activation page: http://vc.igg.com/event/reactivate/index.php

2) Sometimes you have to make 3 or 4  new accounts (WITH NEW EMAIL)...
its chance on whether or not the name you pick gets recognized.

not sure why the accounts will work for forum but not the game...
to many possibilities to guess.

3)  Capital letters:  I have noticed capital letters do not matter in your account name (game log in only)
but they DO matter in your password.

do not use passwords or account name characters/letters that are not numbers or modern English alphabet letters.
(NO spaces, hyphens, dashes, asterisks, number signs, exclamation points, @ signs, $ sign etc...)

If you have problems use only letters and numbers with out using the shift key.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-02-04 01:15:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

some new accounts is bug ,we will fix it next week.
but the accounts you register this weekend can use.

Signature
Posted on 2018-02-05 15:05:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

IGG announced this as fixed 2/5/18

Register System Bug is fixed

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-02-09 17:03:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

I just made an account BNColony and I can login perfectly well on the website, but game doesn't work. So this issue has not been fixed.

I need to note that VCO game has been activated. So I assume there is some issue with game not actually being activated properly...

You can't even send a ticket to Service Center because it asks you to choose your character, which you of course don't have since you can't login to the game at all... So that's another huge flaw.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: https://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2018-02-09 17:14:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

I can login and post here just fine, but game doesn't work. I'm getting incorrect password error.

Interestingly enough, when I login to the website, my points are not being shown.

Signature
Posted on 2018-02-10 12:05:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

locking thread so correct new thread gets used

Signature