Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 98672

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] Discussion on "Leather and Prey Guide / Database"

[Copy link] 7/11598

Posted on 2015-03-13 08:59:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

This is the discussion thread for the Leather and Prey Guide / Database.
If you have any additional information, want to report errors, or want to comment on the guide, just post here.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: https://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2018-05-30 15:13:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

So about prey, I want to say that high level prey such as High Class Chine and Perfect Hide are not eligible  as advanced material.

image of High Class chine not working as high level prey.

Signature
Hello! My name is Miguel, but you can call me Migas
Currently playing in DaGama and looking for someone to talk more about the game
Posted on 2018-05-31 04:24:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

So I researched about prey, I want to clear some doubs: 
1. The highest prey you can get is lvl7 right? 
2. Lvl7 prey, called Bee Sting only drops from Queen Bee in Sicilly Island, correct? 
3. Both lvl 7 and lvl6 prey are very hard to get from drop, I've noticed, killed a lot of queen bees, got like 2.

Taking as example Labour Master Suit, (lvl92 surviving skill to use), it requires 2x lvl7 prey, 2x lvl 6 prey and 3x lvl5 prey, I think we can conclude that it is better to save that lvl7 and lvl6 prey and get all types of prey instead of using higher level. 
so 
4. There is no other higher level prey than lvl7 "Bee Sting" prey in the game right?

Signature
Hello! My name is Miguel, but you can call me Migas
Currently playing in DaGama and looking for someone to talk more about the game
Posted on 2018-05-31 12:32:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

1) yes lvl 7 is highest.
... it does not say "prey" on the description for Chine, horn of palladum etc..
Not sure why its in the guide... maybe originally they meant it to be prey.. IDK
Ill go check my character that carries those items but I'm pretty sure none of them say "prey"
I dont think they are even used for sewing.. but for making bone weapons
*edit at bottom of page found what its used for*

2) yes bee sting drops from queen bee (only on Sicily) but so do other items like the queen bee sting (to authenticate it) and I think map pieces or other filler drops.
If you got one from poison bee.. .. Thinking back (a long time through cobwebs) that does sound familiar but I want to say it is even more rare for it to drop from the poison bee than the queen. I think it started doing that when they nerfed the drop rate and the drop rate was too low... or it could just be a glitch.

3) yes Bee sting is VERY hard to get (though I lucked out recently got 2 in maybe 45 min). Probably have to kill for a few hours to get enough for one suit.
So camp your alts afk overnight, maybe block your equipment slots so you dont get overloaded w/ drop weapons.  Remember you will probably have to make a few attempts unless you use a lucky stone.
(Generally) The more experience your character has making a single type of suit the better plus stats it will get... but you will always get a few plain mixed in. If you do not use a lucky stone you WILL get some failures (ie. no uniform made)

4) yes again lvl 7 is the highest prey.... yes it sounds odd, but the prey has been around since the beginning of the game... they were probably leaving other levels for later updates but as we never got a higher labour suit and it was only used on labour suits and noble uniforms... I think programmers started realizing they had too much stuff, not enough computing power and not enough spaces for people to keep all these items (this was all before professions and limiting us to 5 production skills per character).

----

if I remember correctly (since I was my guilds tailor).. the drop rate for bee sting originally was a lot better (it was still low however) ...but like everything else in this game for some reason once 80-90% get past that leveling point they nerf the drop rates.
 And yes I can remember back in the day, almost having no where to kill the bees as people were always afk ... would have to go to the far end of area away from cave...by the lake sort of.

I still have a habit of any time i visit the island, wanting to stay extra and try for the queens... then even if i get 1 bee sting save it to my uniform sewing character. (hence the reason I happen to have a stack of 2 below)

--------------------------------
So you know if you end up buying from other players.
Bee sting can have 2 different icons
If it is stacked onto OLD drops or possibly like a stack of 10..  not 100% sure of what makes it change.  But it can look like this: (the one on the left was the original icon... later it changed to match the other bee drops). But when new is stacked onto old it will look like the one on the left.

or 

Sorry only have these prey on my character I dont store the others... not much need for them.. in fact only time I use these is for labour suits.  But I wanted to show how Prey says it is PREY.

Master labour suit takes 3-lvl5 , 2-lvl6, 2-lvl7 Prey...
Note if you are doing the Labour suits... the lvl 10 cold iron and Eaglewood used... both are the WEIRD kind that is not used for anything else.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The following are NOT prey .. they do not say "PREY" on them:
And not all are "high level"
Note 2 are level 1... 2 are level 10.. but nothings says materials,or prey or anything.

What I have found the below are used for;
Bone series weapons
Flame Phoenix Uniform/ Helmet
Dragon Squama (Dragon Scale) Uniform/ Helmet
Black, White, Gold, Green, Flame Dragon Uniform/ Helmet/ Weapons
Some of the odd weapons; we use to get drawings on payday from the chests
     Example; Falchion of Wilddemon, Sword of aeneas, Sword of Power God...etc

Trying to think of what these should be called.... probably just "materials", as they are no different than the requirement of Telance items or Blue thread is for the profession items upgrade... or how a refined drop weapon is needed for production of some items.

If I think about it these materials were the precursor or the first instance drops... we didn't have other daily instances yet (when these items were introduced).

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-31 17:16:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

... it does not say "prey" on the description for Chine, horn of palladum etc..
Not sure why its in the guide... maybe originally they meant it to be prey.. IDK

Yeah, chines and palladiums are technically not prey, it doesn't say prey on the item itself (hence the reason why you can't replace real prey items with them while crafting), BUT, they are dropped from animals in game (just like real prey), they are used for equipment crafting (just like real prey), I heard people in game referring to them as prey (just like real prey) and if you remember the old Almanac, they were also categorized as prey in it.

So that's why I've added them to the guide. I definitely won't be making a brand new guide just for those 4 items.

Signature

Posted on 2018-05-31 17:40:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

I am going to do a run of hi caves  .. ill let you know for sure the drops.. back in a couple hours.

Signature
Posted on 2018-05-31 18:23:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

ok I figured out why I did not see chests listed as they were written under where the picture of the monster killed goes....
I suggest you post a picture of the chest in that column and put the description to the right.

Also i am trying to confirm if all 4 drop in cave or just chine and hide..
I have a lot of horn and fur of Pall... but maybe someone gave it to me years ago idk...
doing cave back in a hour or 2.

- Ele

Went through 2x (cave only)... 2 or 3 chests on 1st floor, 5 chests + Lens' chest on 2nd floor... and all i got was 8 High class chine, level 11 and 12 compounded ore, timber and cloth.... and a whole lot of map pieces.

Signature
Posted on 2021-01-05 23:48:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Note
Guide has been updated.

Changelog
- fully restored all the images that were lost after Tinypic was shut down.

Signature