Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 2505

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Guides] Treasure Map, Treasure finding for beginners

Close [Copy link] 4/6715

Posted on 2013-09-10 23:08:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

This is a add - on guide to the beginner quest line and is specifically written for finding the treasures in the beginner quest line.

If you have never searched for a treasure before:

1) Right Click the treasure map in your inventory:

2) It may be hard to see the details on the map  if so adjust the darkness/lightness of your game:

In my case the picture was too dark to see the details:
2a)

2b) adjust the lightness of your screen to see the details
Ctrl +Q >> Display settings >> move the "brightness adjustment"  lighter (to the right)

3)  Now look at the overhead map of the Taj Mahal ; Ctrl +M

4) Compare the shape of what you see....
in this case a green area with black area on the top, right side and bottom... and continuing green to the left.
As with all maps the scale of the map is NOT the same as the overhead map...
Look for matchings SHAPED areas....
you will see 3 possibilities:

4a)   Look again at #1 and the treasure map,  notice in the treasure map, the height of the green/black color difference on the right is almost equal to that of the bottom green/black length. ....
this rules out #1 because in the overhead of the maze, the bottom (length) of #1 is a lot longer than the height.

4b)   Look at #3.  
Look at the left of the black area on the bottom.   Notice how in the overhead map it is at an angle??  But in the treasure map it is perpendicular to the green area (90 degree corner).

so this is not the location either

For regular treasure map searching if you can not tell for sure, you would have to go to all 3 and search for the treasure (instructions follow):
(but for the beginner storyline ONLY, the treasure is Always in the same place - In this case it is at the #2  Location.)

5) Go to the #2 Location
kill anything that is attacking you... and clear all monsters from the areaa monster hitting you will interrupt the treasure searching.

Then open the Command Interface: Ctrl + A
move the "search for Treasures" icon to your "hot bar"

In White Public chat when you click the search for treasures icon it will tell you to go north, east, west or south
:

have your character take 1 step to the south....

look at the compass at the top left of the screen.... it is orientated like a regular map compass with north to the top

the green arrow tells you which way your character is facing....

in this case the character is facing SOUTH

in this case the character is facing WEST

Take one step in the direction indicated.... and then press the search for treasures icon again
if you have the green scrolling messages on it gives you an arrow' that is too big for the area but you get the idea

it will usually take a few steps.... in my case

it took about 10 steps until I found it.

REMEMBER

DO NOT AUTHENTICATE BEGINNER STORYLINE TREASURES!!!!

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-9-10 20:59 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-09-11 19:33:29 | Show thread starter's posts only

This 2nd part covers the Basra treasure map
and will help you find the treasure  "Bible (old Testament)"

1) Right click the map in your characters inventory.
It tells you the treasure is located in Basra Suburbs...  so of course you have to sail to Basra.

2)  This is the treasure map you are given (it is always the same) for the storyline

3) here is the overhead view of Basra suburbs

4) you can tell by the lines in the treasure map that the part of the map we need is the lower 1/2

5) now start looking for similar features/ shapes...
Start with the 90 degree corner in the bottom right of the treasure map I have labeled it "B"

find any similar corners:
I have labeled them 1 through 9.

Now notice that only 3 of the 9 circled areas has a line that continues toward the top of the map "A", beyond the edge of the corner "B"

Possibilities are #4, #8, #9

Normally you would have to go to each location and click the treasure finding icon.
If you got a message saying "Right Location Try again"
it means you are on the correct big map (the suburbs) but are to far away from the treasure to detect it....

So try going to an area...
Click the place you want to go to on the overhead map and you will run there automatically.
Click the treasure finding icon
If you get "right location try again".... , then moving over about 5-7 steps then clicking again.
Try 3 or 4 times in each area.  And if you still have nothing go to the next area.

IF you get" There is something strange in the North/East/West/South"  then you are in the correct area...
take a step in the direction indicated (see above for how to read the compass) then click the treasure finding icon again...
take a step in the direction indicated, then click the icon again.
repeat until you find the treasure.

If you do not want to try the 3 areas on your own.
spoilers follow
. it is at location #4

Now click on the overhead map at that area and auto track to that point/position.

You will again have to kill a few monsters so nothing hits you while you are searching.

Use the icon you moved to your hot bar when looking for the last treasure  (see above post).
and take single steps in the direction indicated then click the icon then take a step, then click the icon until you find the treasure.

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-9-20 05:21 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-09-11 22:36:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

3rd map in the beginner storyline

this is on the island of Tiawan

There is only one place where there is a vertical line...
**Warning**  it does not look anything like this when in the scene/ actual character view, so click on the over head map to get there,...

and as normak kill off any attacking monsters before searching.

then do the one step , click the icon, one step click the icon thing till you find the treasure

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-9-11 20:07 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-09-20 08:19:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

The next map is the one at sea.

sail to "Luzon"  which is the Philippine Islands... near the south china battlefield

again the treasure is in the same place every time...

sail to approximately this area;

or just put in the coordinates as follows and click the circled button and auto sail to the correct spot.-1755, 184

use your explore icon and Voila!  Jadeite treasure chest....
The Jadite Treasure chest shows up in your ships "articles"... you can authenticate it later since it does not disappear in the quest line.

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-9-26 18:17 ]

Signature
Posted on 2014-03-12 21:45:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

This post is specifically for the map given in the 120 knights vigil quest line

If you have never searched for a treasure before:

1) Right Click the treasure map in your inventory to see where the treasure is located:
This is an overhead map view only.  The map scale may not be the same as the actual overhead map when you are in the area.(2nd copy of map lightened to show what little detail there is.)

Normally you will have to authenticate the map to see what city or suburb a treasure is in or to get the exact coordinates of the treasure.
Read the Treasure Guide for more on maps and where map authenticators are located

TREASURE GUIDE 2011 Update
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=49862

But in this case, we are given not only the location but coordinates to go to.We know we go to Crete (Regular) Labyrinth (102, -97)... NOT the instance!

2) It may be hard to see the details on the map  or of the area you are in (ie inside the labyrinth)  if so adjust the darkness/lightness of your game:
I found that adjusting the lightness made the overhead map much easier to see.

2b) adjust the lightness of your screen to see the details
Ctrl +Q >> Display settings >> move the "brightness adjustment"  lighter (to the right)

3)  Now look at the overhead map of the Crete Labyrinth ; Ctrl +M
For this quest they tell you the coordinates to go to because so many areas look alike...
Auto Track (ctrl +P) DOES NOT WORK here.
You have to navigate your character while on the large over head map
Go to the area I have "circled" in red.
Near the coordinates given in the quest;  (102, -97)

5) Go to the location
Kill anything that is attacking you... and clear all monsters from the area.  A monster hitting you will interrupt the treasure searching.
(No monsters attacked me when searching, but move a few steps to the east and some will spawn.)

Then open the Command Interface: Ctrl + A
move the "search for Treasures" icon to your "hot bar"

In White Public chat when you click the search for treasures icon it will tell you to go north, east, west or south
for me my first step was east:

have your character take 1 step in the direction indicated (for me first step was east)....

To know what direction your character is facing:
look at the compass at the top left of the screen.... it is orientated like a regular map compass with north to the top

the green arrow tells you which way your character is facing....

in this case the character is facing EAST

If you still do not quite get the directions...

the following screen shot is just a few steps from the treasure

orientate yourself with the lines of the rock floor and the walls on the North and South...
practice a bit.
I noticed the green arrow in the compass can be off quite a bit so take a step in a direction to confirm which way you are facing.

Now to find the treasure:

Take one step in the direction indicated.... and then press the search for treasures icon again
if you have the green scrolling messages on it gives you an arrow' on the screen, keep taking steps in the direction indicated until you find the treasure:

it will usually take a few steps.... in my case

it took about 10 steps until I found it.
Notice my location is actually (95.9, -93.8) where I found/picked up the treasure.... and judge my position by the rock shapes on the floor.

REMEMBER

DO NOT AUTHENTICATE STORYLINE TREASURES!!!! (well, you can't auth this one anyway...but...)

Reward:
Azizah's Coin (for use later in quest)

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2014-3-22 22:58 ]

Signature