*** This is a very old guide, A couple of guides were combined back in mid 2011 and though the information on fleets has been removed, the information in this guide has not been re-verified in many years and the interface pictures may be outdated or missing*** Names of Alliances, Alliance NPC's and Locations
This is a combination of guides written by many players.
Thanks and nods to to dwolfy, SayetySoo, and SYPHER55.
You will not be able to reply to this thread.
Please post any comments, suggestion and new information to:
The discussion section of the forum
This thread has 5 posts each concerning a different aspect of guild affairs.
Each blue underlined phrase is a section/ post in this thread.
1) Understanding Guilds and Merchant Alliances; describes what they are and how to join them. (this post)
2) Guild Hall & Leveling a guild[/url]- A quick walk through of the guild hall and explanations about points and levels.
3) War, hostility, neutrality - Guild Leader Functions[/url]
4) Fast Leveling a guild[/url] - Suggested way to level a guild w/ calculated amounts of ores and logs and coin.
5) Frequently Asked Questions about guilds[/url]
Understanding Guilds and Merchant Alliances
What is a Guild?
A guild is basically a club. In VCO they can be as complicated as a political party or as simple as a group of friends. In VCO there are many guilds, each with their alliances and hostilities, funds, cities, members, etc…
Why join a guild?
Joining a guild has many benefits. These include:
• Spending time with friends
• Making new friends
• Sharing resources and items
• Giving and taking advice and help
• Using the consortia functions
• Drawing the guild salary
• Owning a city or colony
• Being part of a proud community
All of these benefits must be given and taken, as to help other members in your guild as well as yourself.
The relation between Guilds, and Merchant Alliances:
Merchant Alliances > Guilds > Players
A Merchant Alliance is made of Guilds, and Players allied to it.
Single players don't have to be associated to any Merchant Alliance, but if they want to join or create a Guild they are required to join a Merchant Alliance first.
-Guilds & Merchant Alliances-
A Guild can’t ally with Guilds from different Merchant Alliances.
Hostile relations can’t exist between Guilds that are in the same Merchant Alliance (so there are no Guild Wars between them).
If during Siege Wars a player attacks another player from the same Merchant Alliance as them, they will get notoriety (can become pink/red named).
There are 5 Merchant Alliances:
The Islandi Merchant Alliance
Associated Cities: Algiers, Tripoli, Alexander, Istanbul
The following NPC's are in Alexander City:
The Islandi Merchant's Alliance Principal (choose affiliations here) 62,64
Guild Master (daily guild quests) 61,67
Merchant's Alliance Master (daily MA quests) 61, 65
Alliance Exchange Staff (exchange MA certificates for apparatus items) 62,61
Merchant's Alliance Officer (bid for siege war, Leader purchase items) 60, 59
Voter (vote for new MA alliance leader) 58, 56
The Western Mediterranean Merchant Alliance
Associated Cities: Venice, Genoa, Barcelona, Athens
The following NPC's are in Venice City:
The Western Mediterranean Merchant's Alliance Principal (choose affiliations here) 43,-24
Guild Master (daily guild quests) 38,-19
Merchant's Alliance Master (daily MA quests) 39,-21
Alliance Exchange Staff (exchange MA certificates for apparatus items) 41, -22
Merchant's Alliance Officer (bid for siege war, Leader purchase items) 51, -21
Voter (vote for new MA alliance leader) 47,-28
The Iberian Merchant Alliance
Associated Cities: Seville, Lisbon
The following NPC's are in Lisbon City:
The Iberian Merchant's Alliance Principal (choose affiliations here) 7, 14
Guild Master (daily guild quests) 5, 11
Merchant's Alliance Master (daily MA quests) 6, 12
Alliance Exchange Staff (exchange MA certificates for apparatus items) 2, 14
Merchant's Alliance Officer (bid for siege war, Leader purchase items) 14, 23
Voter (vote for new MA alliance leader) 8, 22
The English Channel Merchant Alliance
Associated Cities: London, Oslo, Bordeaux
The following NPC's are in Bordeaux:
The English Channel Merchant's Alliance Principal (choose affiliations here) 52, 56
Guild Master (daily guild quests) 40, 51
Merchant's Alliance Master (daily MA quests) 42, 50
Alliance Exchange Staff (exchange MA certificates for apparatus items) 60, 57
Merchant's Alliance Officer (bid for siege war, Leader purchase items) 56, 72
Voter (vote for new MA alliance leader) 50, 67
The Nederland’s Merchant Alliance
Associated Cities: Stockholm, Hamburg, Amsterdam
The following NPC's are in Amsterdam:
The Nederland's Merchant's Alliance Principal (choose affiliations here) 46, -10
Guild Master (daily guild quests) 47, -7
Merchant's Alliance Master (daily MA quests) 46, -9
Alliance Exchange Staff (exchange MA certificates for apparatus items) 48, -3
Merchant's Alliance Officer (bid for siege war, Leader purchase items) 45, -15
Voter (vote for new MA alliance leader) 50, 3
List of Guild Managers
(Enter guild hall, increase maximum number of guild members allowed, join consortia war)
Names of Alliances, Alliance NPC's and Locations
- Athens City 47, -50
- Alexander City 18, -23
- Beirut City 39, -17
- Istanbul City 17, 13
- Venice City 10, 44
- Genoa City 50, 0
- Tripoli City 29, 46
- Barcelona City 172, -25
- Algiers City 34, 11
- Seville City 87, 51
- Lisbon City -23, -24
- London City 42, -68
- Hamburg City 71, -202
- Oslo City -148, 158
- Stockholm City -7, -74
- Reykjavik City -60, -12
- Aden City -23, -20
- Quanzhou 27, -3
- Nagasaki -1, -37
- Zhigu City -47, 140
- Beijing City 36, 140
- Edo City -66, 147
- Poseidonia 13.0, -429.0
- Corsica bandit camp 81.2, -125.6
- Crete bandit camp 82.3, -126.9
- Tortue (Pirate Leader Haman) 56, -14
Merchant Alliance Messenger:
- Athens 49,-51
- Poseidonia 13, -426
Creating, Joining and Quitting
Joining a Merchant Alliance:
1. Talk to the NPC "[Name of the Merchant Alliance] Principal" at the captal city of the Merchant Alliance you want to join.
2. Choose the option "Merchant Alliance Affiliate of Free Player" and confirm.
Changing your Merchant Alliance:
1. You have to wait at least 3 days (real life) after joining or changing Merchant Alliance before you can change to another one.
2. Talk to the NPC "[Name of the Merchant Alliance] Principal" at the capital city of the Merchant Alliance you want to change to.
3.(a) Choose "Merchant Alliance Affiliate of Free Player" if you don't belong to a Guild.
(c) Choose "Merchant Alliance Affiliate of Guild" if you are Leader of a Guild and want to change the Guild's Alliance.
(d) if you are a regular member of a guild you will have to quit the guild before you can change Merchant Alliances.
4) It will cost 50 Special Offer Vouchers (SOV) if you want to switch to a higher ranked Merchant alliance, but can be free if you change to a lower ranked alliance.
You can also change guilds within a Merchant Alliance for free.
***WARNING*** SOV cost about 300,000 silver each (on Columbus server 7/2011) so that is about 15 Million silver to change Alliances
Merchant Alliance Positions:
1) Alliance Leader
A. To obtain the level 5+ "alliance leader" title, a guild needs to occupy the merchant Alliances' central city during siege battles.
B. The Siege war begins at 12:01am every Sunday. There are 1080 minutes for preparation, 60 minutes for scouting, and 180 minutes for the battle.
C. Battles for Merchants' Central Cities
a) Winners will win the Alliance Leader title, special clothes charm, and the power to control the central cities.
b) The Alliance Leader title can only be used by a guild leader from this alliance.
D. Guilds that don't have colony cities are not qualified to occupy the main cities; meaning that they can't become merchant leaders.
2) How to dismiss a Merchant Alliance Leader
A. There is a Vote administrator (NPC) in each main city. Players can vote against the current merchant leader.
B. If there are N level 5 guilds and the blackball exceeds N*0.6, the current merchant leader will be forced to give up the leader title. Then all of the guilds can fight each other to get the title during siege battles again.
C. On the 1st and 16th of each month at 12:00 am, the system will count the votes, and then reset the voting system.
D. Each guild can vote only once during the given period.
Fleets Were removed from the Game December 2011
Creating your own Guild:
1. first you must join a merchant alliance as a free player
2. You (the potential guild leader) need to be profession level 80 to create a guild. (Your members do not need to be profession level 80) ... though there is one report that ALL have to be lvl 80 or above.. (needs further confirmation 12/3/2012)
3. Your guild has to have at least 5 members (they need to be present in the city where and when you are applying for your guild).
4. Guild leader may need to have 500,000,000 game coin on their character (change to 500kk took place in 2014)
5. Talk to the NPC "Guild Manager" at any city.
6. Choose "Apply to establish Guild".
7. Input a name for your Guild, choose a symbol for it, type some info about your Guild (this is optional) and click "Yes".
Joining a Guild:
1. You have to be associated to the same Merchant Alliance as the Guild you want to Join.
4. Choose "Apply to join Guild".
5. Select a Guild from the list and click "Join".
6. Wait for the Guild's Leader or Vice Leader to accept your application.
You can choose to organize the Guilds' list alphabetically by clicking on the arrow (image link broken)
( /\ - A to Z | \/ - Z to A)
You can't see any information about which Merchant Alliance the Guilds belong to (unless it is informed by the Leader on the "G Tenet". So it is recommended that you know it beforehand (by PMing one of the guild's members, for example).
Quitting a Guild:
1. Open "Interaction" window (Press Ctrl + A)
2. Select the tag "Guild"
3. Select the tag "Affairs"
4. Click on "Quit the Guild" to quit or "Guild Disbandment" to disband (if you're the Leader) and confirm.
When you quit a Guild all your Guild Contribution points will be lost. (Tip: you can use those points or transfer them to other Guild members before quitting, so they won't be wasted).
When the Guild's Leader quits, the Vice Leader will be promoted to Leader.
After you quit a guild, you must wait 30 minutes before you can join another guild.
(use to be 24 hours) 5/18/2016
Note: Don't forget to put money into your Guild or it will be disbanded, it will be gone forever ever, (unless you pay IM and igg restores for you.)
February 15 - 21, 2018