Total:#1

Create Thread

[Guides] 2011 - Mining Guide

Close [Copy link] 0/26876

Posted on 2011-02-11 23:32:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you have any comments or information to share please post it at:
Mining Guide - 2011 Update - Discussion Thread

http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=49895

(you will not be able to reply to this thread as it is in the guides section)

This Guide contains data from many guides.
Once the data has been transferred the old guides will be moved to the reserve guides (where regular players will not be able to access them)

Information from:
Timber and Ore Collection Locations, Experience Points - Guide
Mine Cave, Forestry and Fishing Passports
Full Materials Production Guide

Where to go to collect materials:

Level 1, 2, 3 Ore;
Athens, Alexandria, Beruit, Istanbul, Venice, Tripoli, Algiers, Barcelona, Cyprus, Thasos

Level 2, 3, 4 Ore;
Genoa, London, Hamburg, Oslo, Mallorca (inland), Corsica, Lemnos, Sicily (inland)

Level 3, 4, 5 Ore;
Seville, Stockholm, Maderia, Mallorca (caves), Sardinia, Sicilly (caves)

Level 4, 5, 6 Ore;
Reykajavik, Las Palmas, Lisbon, Faial, Santa Maria (blocks)

Level 5, 6, 7 Ore;
Santa Maria (Stacks), Taiwan

Level 6, 7, 8 Ore;
Capetown, Basara, Bombay, Semarang, Ulleung

Level 7, 8, 9 Ore;
Zhigu (Bejing), Mogadishu, Jejudo, Luanda (Congo Jungle)

Level 8, 9, 10 Ore;
Madagascar

Level 10, 11, 12 Ore, Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tin ore, Fine Iron ore, Tungsten, Sulphur, Saltpeter, Charcoal "Coal"
Hurricane Island

All levels of Ore,Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tin ore, Fine Iron ore, Tungsten, Sulphur, Saltpeter, Charcoal "Coal"
Mining Passport

Here are the mining Locations on Hurricane Island (image by Hurry)

Mining Passport

Mining Passport - Unlimited resources (requires mining pass bought from Item mall)

• Senior Stope; Level 7, 8, 9, 10, Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tin ore, Fine Iron ore, Tungsten, Sulphur, Saltpeter, Charcoal "Coal"
  • Secondary Stope; Level 4, 5, 6, 7, Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tin ore, Fine Iron ore, Tungsten, Sulphur, Saltpeter, Charcoal "Coal"
  • Junior Stope; Level 1, 2, 3, 4, Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tin ore, Fine Iron ore, Tungsten, Sulphur, Saltpeter, Charcoal "Coal"

*** you must have a profession production point designated to Metal Mining to collect Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tin ore, Fine Iron ore
*** you must have a profession production point designated to Non-Metal Mining to collect Tungsten, Sulphur, Saltpeter, Charcoal

There are 6 kinds of stacks to mine from but they are only marked (when you hold the alt key) "Ore", "Metal" or "Non-Metal"..

High level Ore stacks have just Level 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 Ore
High level Metal Stacks have Level 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 Ore, Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tungsten, Tin ore, and Fine Iron ore
High level Non-Metal Stacks have Level 8, 9, 10, 11, and 12 Ore, Sulphur, Saltpeter, (Mining) Charcoal "Coal"

Unmarked Ore Stacks have just Level Level 7, 8, 9, 10 Ore
Unmarked Metal Stacks have Level 7, 8, 9, 10 Ore, Fine Copper ore, Nickel ore, Tungsten. Tin ore, and Fine Iron ore
Unmarked Non-Metal Stacks have Level 7, 8, 9, 10 Ore, Sulphur, Saltpeter, (Mining) Charcoal "Coal"

Important things to know.
  • The passport area can be reach from the Collecting field conservator who is standing near the suburbs in Athens, Seville, Cape Town and Zhigu.
  • You equip the passport in the same place you do your sewing kit, scope or alchemy bottle
  • ***The timing starts when you enter but will STOP when you exit or sign offline.  You can go do whatever you want while online, as long as you are not in the passport area the timer will be stopped.
  • You can reach your boat while in the passport area, no reason to leave to empty your pockets.
  • You can only collect what your study skill allows you to collect (the rules for collecting don't change simply because you are in there)
  • There are no monsters or PVP (perfectly safe)
  • Sources do not run out (mine the same stack all day long)

Compounding / Creating Metal
First you must learn the skill from the skill tutor
(see below for more on skill tutor and stunts)

Ctrl+ a > on land tab > Smelting icon

You can create Metal using the same level in ore as you want in Metal (see chart below).  OR you can use higher level Ore to create a lower level of Metal by checking the "Do you want to replace" check box on the compound interface.

Compounded ore has names and materials requirements as follows::
Level 1 Pig Iron;         3 Level 1 Ore (Impure mineral)     (Mining skill 1 to produce)
Level 2 Pure Iron;       3 Level 2 Ore (Iron Ore)               (Mining skill 11 to produce)
Level 3 Bronze;          3 Level 3 Ore (Bronze Ore)          (Mining skill 21 to produce)
Level 4 Brass;            3 Level 4 Ore (Brass Ore)            (Mining skill 31 to produce)
Level 5 Copper;          3 Level 5 Ore (Copper Ore)          (Mining skill 41 to produce)
Level 6 Green Silver;   3 Level 6 Ore (Green Silver Ore)   (Mining skill 51 to produce)
Level 7 Pure Silver;     3 Level 7 Ore (Pure Silver Ore)     (Mining skill 61 to produce)
Level 8 Gold;             3 Level 8 Ore (Gold Ore)              (Mining skill 71 to produce)
Level 9 Purple Gold;   3 Level 9 Ore (Purple Gold Ore)    (Mining skill 81 to produce)
Level 10 Black Gold;  3 Level 10 Ore (Black Gold Ore)   (Mining skill 91 to produce)
**Level 11 Fire Bug Stone: (Mining skill 101 to produce)
  • 1 Level 8 Metal (Gold)
  • 1 Level 9 Metal (Purple Gold)
  • 1 Level 10 Metal (Black Gold)
  • 1 Level 11 Ore
  • 1 Melting Activator

**Level 12 Amethyst: (Mining skill 111 to produce)
  • 1 Level 9 Metal (Purple Gold)
  • 1 Level 10 Metal (Black Gold)
  • 1 Level 11 Metal (Fire Bug Stone)
  • 1 Level 12 Ore
  • 1 Melting Activator

**You must buy and learn drawings to make lvl 11 and 12 metals. They are available at the Seville Alchemist, and Bejing Item Seller.;  
Firebug Stone Drawing (Mining 101)
Amethyst Drawing (Mining 111)

The following requires fishing skill to create but shows up in the Smelting interface:
Level 6 Cold Ingot; 3 level 6 Cold Iron   (Fishing skill 51 to produce)
Level 7 Cold Ingot; 3 level 7 Cold Iron   (Fishing skill 61 to produce)
Level 8 Cold Ingot; 3 level 8 Cold Iron   (Fishing skill 71 to produce)
Level 9 Cold Ingot; 3 level 9 Cold Iron   (Fishing skill 81 to produce)
Level 10 Cold Ingot;3 level 10 Rare Cold Iron   (Fishing skill 91 to produce)
Level 11 Cold Ingot;   (Fishing skill 101 to produce)
   * 1 Level 6 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 7 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 8 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 9 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 10 Cold Ingot
Level 12 Cold Ingot;   (Fishing skill 111 to produce)
   * 1 Level 7 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 8 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 9 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 10 Cold Ingot
   * 1 Level 11 Cold Ingot

Compounding Metal Mine and Non-Metal Mine ores

The following can be compounded at the Material Exchange NPC in Seville
For more information please read
the Guide to the Material Exchange NPC in Seville - http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=39327

Bronze Ingot
Fine Copper ore 10, Tin ore 10, Mining Charcoal 10

Steel Ingot
Timber Charcoal 5, Fine Iron ore 10, Mining Charcoal, 20

Damascene Steel Ingot
Tungsten 5, Steel Ingot 10, Timber Charcoal 10
Broken Down.....
Tungsten 5, Timber Charcoal 60, Fine Iron ore 100, Mining Charcoal 200

Malayan Iron Ingot
Nickel ore 5, Steel Ingot 10, Timber Charcoal 10
Broken Down.....
Nickel ore 5, Timber Charcoal 60, Fine Iron ore 100, Mining Charcoal 200

Japanese Iron Ingot
Timber Charcoal 50, Steel Ingot 10
Broken Down.....
Timber Charcoal 100, Fine Iron ore 100, Mining Charcoal 200

Gunpowder
Sulphur 5, Saltpetre 5, Timber Charcoal 5  

Experience and Skill

Learning the mining skill

If you do not know how to learn a skill or how to buy stunts, please read

The Skills System Guide
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=43062

To level mining skill the fastest, go to where you can collect just the lowest 2 levels.
Though you will not collect any of the highest level, the experience amount will be greater.  

Example
So if your skill is level 31 (level 4)  go where level 3, 4 and 5 ore drops.
A VERY rough approximation is you obtain 60% lowest level, 30 % mid level 10% highest level
So you get much more of the highest level you can collect, which increases experience level faster.

Learning/buying mining stunts

The level of the stunt "Ore study" affects the level of timber you can chop/collect.
Buy Stunt levels from the skill tutor; Stunt tab

Always buy lumber study or ore study as soon as you can.
Always save one or 2 stunt points because you do not receive a stunt point when you reach these numbers, this is when they become available for purchase.
So buy the ore study or lumber study stunts at the following skill levels:
Stunt 1 @ Skill level 1
Stunt 2 @ Skill level 7
Stunt 3 @ Skill level 13
Stunt 4 @ Skill level 19
Stunt 5 @ Skill level 25
Stunt 6 @ Skill level 31
Stunt 7 @ Skill level 37
Stunt 8 @ Skill level 43
Stunt 9 @ Skill level 49
Stunt 10 @ Skill level 55
Stunt 11 @ Skill level 101
Stunt 12 @ Skill level 111

When you reach level 31 you will stop gaining experience unless you make it a phase 2 skill at the skill tutor.

If you have already made 8 total skills phase 2 and want to also make mining phase 2, use a Mining promotion book that can be bought from the item mall.

When you reach Level 100 you will again stop collecting experience points and need to buy a phase 3 promotion book.

Quests that give Mining Experience

You can get mining experience by doing both the Voyager's Times Skill Tasks and the Master of Alliance (Labor alliance) quests.
May 2012 Voyagers Times Quests
http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=54388
For Master of alliance quests please read: Master of Alliance - Guide; http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=22073

Ability quests were removed from that game December 2011

Experience with out working
You can also gain experience by not physically picking at rocks.
You can use a 6 hour experience scroll from the item mall or a 12 Hour Improvement Tome from the Voucher Exchanger in Seville.
You must stand still or be off line for 6 or 12 hours when you use them. (you can move but will loose any experience you might have gotten in that time frame)
This scroll will not give experience while mining.  It can not be used with a double. triple or fourfold experience scroll.  It can not be used with a small, regular, or great blessed pellet.  

When you are phase 3 in a skill you must use the Phase 3 skill practice scroll to gain experience (while not mining).
phase 3 scrolls are available from the Item Mall or from the Voucher Exchanger in Seville.

Tips

Don't forget to bring SP pots, wear a labor uniform (w/SP regeneration), wear jewlery with sp  etc...

Drop Rates

168h mining pass with 120 Mining level and level 12 Ore Study, mining in High level mine cave on High level Ore metal mine stack gave me:

Tin Ore x 9248
Fine Copper Ore x 9455
Fine Iron Ore x 3866
Nickel Ore x 213
Tungsten x 184
Black Gold Ore x 2091
Firebug Mine x 758
Amethyst Mine x 376

168h mining pass with 120 Mining level and level 12 Ore Study, mining in High level mine cave on High level Ore metal mine stack gave me:

Tin Ore x 9155
Fine Copper Ore x 8986
Fine Iron Ore x 3823
Nickel Ore x 180
Tungsten x 181
Black Gold Ore x 1878
Firebug Mine x 717
Amethyst Mine x 297

Tin Ore x 9305
Fine Copper Ore x 9290
Fine Iron Ore x 4022
Nickel Ore x 197
Tungsten x 201
Black Gold Ore x 2208
Firebug Mine x 740
Amethyst Mine x 320

Tin Ore x 9366
Fine Copper Ore x 9319
Fine Iron Ore x 3911
Nickel Ore x 208
Tungsten x 176
Black Gold Ore x 2447
Firebug Mine x 760
Amethyst Mine x 341

168h mining pass with 120 Mining level and level 12 Ore Study, mining in High level mine cave on High level Ore nonmetal mine stack gave me:

Coal x 14079
Saltpetre x 4269
Sulphur x 4397
Black Gold Ore x 2131
Firebug Mine x 808
Amethyst Mine x 349

168h mining pass with 120 Mining level and level 12 Ore Study, mining in High level mine cave on High level Ore nonmetal mine stack gave me:

Coal x 14034
Saltpetre x 4359
Sulphur x 4399
Black Gold Ore x 2144
Firebug Mine x 719
Amethyst Mine x 329

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2012-10-1 12:35 ]

Signature
China; National Day / Golden Week Holiday
October 1st through 8th, 2017