Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 2506

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Guides] Atlantic/Pacific Crossing - Northern Routes

Close [Copy link] 8/9092

Posted on 2009-12-16 03:11:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Auto track has 2 ways to cross between the 2 maps (Europe and Africa/Asia), but some may not know the 3rd and 4th.

So here it the 3rd way to cross.

You can sail around any of the islands but the green line is my preferred route because you do not have to click so much.
(ok so I can't draw a straight line... but you get the idea.)
You can not cross where the red lines are... those passes are blocked by icebergs.

you will need to click on the anchor icon (much like entering a city) to pass between the maps.
[you can in fact over sail the map entrance]

Here is the 4th route over Northern Asia/Russia...

The "anchors" that transfer you to the other map are located approximately along the green lines I have drawn:
They are not in a "straight line but vary in coordinates.  The first number ranges from -637 near land to -650 near the top of the map. for the European map side... they differ slightly if you approach from the Eastern side.

You can easily over sail the anchors if you are approaching from the European side.... there are fishing shoals that can be accessed east of the "line of anchors".

I suggest if you plan to use the crossing regularly you "memorize" the coordinates of one (well, 2) of the anchors and sail directly to them... get numbers for sailing each way.

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2010-12-16 15:13 ]

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Posted on 2009-12-16 06:38:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

Be sure to bring something to debuff, every time I have been up that way those vicious Cyclones try to sink me, but I am going to check it out just for the heck of it.

Mona

Signature
Posted on 2009-12-16 07:17:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

Id like to note that going from the atlantic to the pacific is a very slow process, even in a level 12 ship..

Signature
Posted on 2009-12-16 11:56:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

As for the cyclones... the last 2 times I sailed it I had no problems... but maybe because I stayed slightly south... went directly to Lisbon.

I am hoping others will try this route and give their opinion if it is faster for the silk route Quanzhu quest or not.

- Ele

Signature
Halloween

Posted on 2009-12-16 13:35:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes this route was much faster...the wind is always at your back!

Saw no cyclones.

Had no trouble at all and glad I tried it.

Signature
Posted on 2009-12-16 15:04:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

hahah I tried both long time ago, when you sail russian way is the longest one, autotrack don't works, no colonies or cities, very boring I don't recommend it and when you sail HI way you always get cyclone or sth and is very long too, I prefer autotrack don't have that routes that are too bad whitout cities or sth you can stop. f69

[ Last edited by LaSombrecilla at 2009-12-16 16:09 ]

Signature
Posted on 2009-12-16 22:50:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

I used that route all the time and hardly ever got hit with a debuff.  Just incase, i have Holy Medicine handy.

I wouldn't say it is too much quicker for Silk Run, based on my own experience, but  maybe slightly so. It depends on which ship you have. Some are quicker than others going with/against the wind.

I made the mistake of using a ship with high sailor amount and ended up running out of provisions! Let me tell you...it is no fun sailing at 3 knots trying to reach Rejkjavik /f87

On a side note...The other day I was in Oslo and decided to take the route over Russia(which i'd done countless times before). After a while I hit a dead end. Thought I missed the anchors so I went back a bit, then some more..relogged...looked everywhere but they had disappeared!

So I go ask livesupport and according to them neither of these 2 routes have ever existed f75

I haven't checked back to see if the anchors decided to show up.

Signature
Posted on 2009-12-17 00:15:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

Sailing over (north of) Russia??
I have to check it out...

As for running out of provisions (if you use IM) ... I always try to keep a few points on my accounts so I can buy compressed provisions using the in game item mall... lets just say, I too have run out of provisions on more than one occasion.

- Ele

*EDIT*

I can verify the route over Northern Asia/Russia...

The "anchors" that transfer you to the other map are located approximately along the green lines I have drawn:
They are not in a "straight line but vary in coordinates.  The first number ranges from -637 near land to -650 near the top of the map. for the European map side... they differ slightly if you approach from the Eastern side.

You can easily over sail the anchors if you are approaching from the European side.... there are fishing shoals that can be accessed east of the "line of anchors".

I suggest if you plan to use the crossing regularly you "memorize" the coordinates of one (well, 2) of the anchors and sail directly to them... get numbers for sailing each way.

---

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2009-12-17 02:04 ]

Signature
Halloween

Posted on 2011-04-04 00:03:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

reply to find
moving to guides

Signature
Halloween