Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 2505

Total:#63

Create Thread

[Guides] How to Drill Sockets

Hot Topics Close [Copy link] 62/28366

Posted on 2009-02-13 09:15:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

In this post i'd like to explain to those who don't know - how to drill sockets (holes) in your gear and why!

First of all drilling sockets/holes in your gear is part of the new update. You take your basic piece of gear and you can make up to 5 holes in it. These holes can be then later on filled with stones

What can i drill?
You can drill anything - that means, your armor, helmet, jewlery, weapon and even your charm can be drilled with up to 5 holes (5 being the max number of holes)

How do i drill my gear?
To be able to drill your gear you need to use a "basic stone" on the gear. You right click the basic stone, then left click your gear, and upon a successful drill, the socket will appear open on the gear.

How do i fill the socket?
To fill a socket you need a stone to put in it. Stones exist for the following : Technique, Damage Upper Limit, Damage Reduction, Critical Strike, Parry, Physique, Reaction, Willpower, Anti-Critical, Health, Attack, Defense, Dodge and Accuracy.
You remove your gear that has a hole drilled in, right click the certain stone you want to fill up and left click on the gear. This stone is now set inside the gear

Where do i get the "basic stone" from?
There is an NPC in Seville that asks mats in exchange for a level 1 basic stone.
There are 5 levels of basic stones. Level 1,2,3,4 and 5 Basic stone. Each level assures 100% drilling (the number of the lvl assures the number of the successful drill with 100% success)... In other words, lvl 5 basic stone is the hardest to get and needs most mats, but it lets you drill your 5th hole successfully. A level 4 Basic Stone will not guarantee your 5th drill to be successful (but it will guarantee your 4th drill)

Where do i get stones to fill sockets from?
You can obtain these stones by doing the new instances. They drop quite often in the lower level instances
Mobs will drop something calles "X Stone (Old)". 100 (old) stones can be exchanged for 1 ordinary stone (which has better stats), and 100 ordinary stones can be exchanged for even higher level stones at an NPC in Seville
Do not despair. 100 sounds like a large number to collect to be able to get 1 ordinary stone, but it isn't. Stones drop quite often and as we all start from lvl 1 job and will need to do the instances quite often, you will get plenty of these stones.

Once a hole is filled, can i remove the stone from the socket?
No you can't. The only way to remove a stone from a socket is by replacing it with another stone.
For example : I have 5 holes drilled and they are all filled with attack stones. However i decide i want to add a defensive stone instead of attack. I do the same process as above, right click the stone and left click the gear, and a prompt window will appear. Now i have the choice which stone to replace.
Be careful : After you replace a stone, the original stone in the socket will dissapear! It will not appear in your item column instead of the stone you replaced it with! In our example : The attack stone i replaced with a defensive one will dissapear, and it will not even be in my article column

Is it worth the cost and trouble?
Yes very much so. With careful consideration of which stones to be placed in your drilled holes, you will have a huge advantage over those that haven't done it

And as a last thing, here is what a drilled weapon looks like

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 09:31:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

/f79  Thank You /f79

http://vc.igg.com/news/1474/Voyage_Century_Expansion_Drill.html

So we have old stone that gives           + 4 attack
the we have the ordinary that gives      + 8 attack
and then we have superior that gives +16 attack

what types of mats are needed to get basic stones and how many f92

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 10:03:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

I was about to add what mats were needed to get a basic stone, but kalash decided to sink me on my way to seville while i was writing this guide f37

So i will add that info tonight

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 10:17:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Basic Stone(level 5)

Can be embedded on gear (the success rate on 1st to 5th slot of gear is 100%,100%,100%,100%,and 33%)

So u saying the info on igg official site is rong that the lvl 5 stone is 100% even for the 5th  hole?

[ Last edited by KingAurelius at 2009-2-13 10:21 ]

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 10:28:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm not saying it's wrong, i just wrote down from my own experience. I haven't failed a 5th hole with a lvl 5 basic stone yet... I even drilled a 5th hole with a lvl 4 basic stone after 2 tries...
Anyway here is the picture of the lvl 5 basic stone with the description... To me it sounds like 100% success on all drills

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 10:36:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

well that screen means 2 things either the official site is rong or igg plans to change the rates on the normal server f92

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 14:07:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

I was about to add what mats were needed to get a basic stone, but kalash decided to sink me on my way to seville while i was writing this guide  

all in the name of fun f18

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 16:19:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

I drink beer fish die in it and i eat them .
Little known fact you can cook a fish using beer and need no heat .

But many things are going to be different because a item mall system must be set up to compliment the update.

so of course we can expect --some items now available in game --as on test server to maybe have rate or type changed.

I certainly hope they change rates on someitems --for refines .
Like the anti crit stones and damage reduction ...
Or I can predict a huge segment of unhappy players saying CYA LTR .

Again --we are doing alot of planning and discussion based only on speculation.

Is maybe fun --but its also a waste of time .

What we do KNOW --from info already released --is that most all items will be available to those that wish to grind and farm in game .

The game is not designed for players to rocket in lvls or power --
So it is UNREALISTIC to expect IGG or SNAIL to make it so in 5 months players are bored -and maxed --and looking for another patch .

So I expect --they will SLOWLY release items and refining to stretch out the usability and effort needed to gain Full use of update --for at least a year or more --maybe even longer.

Remember please --we in 3 years or less are caught up --in updates to Chinese server almost completely --and are NOT even close to being ready .
They had almost 7 years or more to get work done we had 3 .

Keep that in mind .

/f42

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2009-02-13 16:36:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

The game is not designed for players to rocket in lvls or power --
So it is UNREALISTIC to expect IGG or SNAIL to make it so in 5 months players are bored -and maxed --and looking for another patch .

So I expect --they will SLOWLY release items and refining to stretch out the usability and effort needed to gain Full use of update --for at least a year or more --maybe even longer.

you are so wrong ledhed,soon as patch will come GMs will bombard us whit stalls in seville,like in test server.And yes this patch should last atleast 1 year but i think its imposible,coz IGG will want to grab money fast,before all ppl leave,lol.

Signature
Posted on 2009-02-13 17:10:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

f28  thx for the info bra man ....i'm still waiting for u in dagama amigo f75

Signature