Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 2541

Total:#11

Create Thread

[Guides] PRIVATEER

Close [Copy link] 10/5455

Posted on 2008-04-22 02:28:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

This function was never added to the game though several npc's referred to it during the first few years of the game
- Ele
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Please note.. below it is mentioned nobody really knows how to become a privateer... you may need 6 pieces of crime evidence, but nothing is confirmed.

Supposedly if you have the title of privateer you can kill wanted players in game with out gaining notoriety.  Again all speculation because no one has been able to do it, or if they have they have not confirmed any information.

I found a mention in another thread (thread moved to reserve guides)
7/6/2008  Joeystorm reported

Live Support says it isn't added to the game yet....   All this trouble for nothing

- Ele   October 19, 2011

-----------------------------------------------------

I have noticed that not many Privateer Guides exist, so I thought I would have a try at making one. I hope to explain common questions and queries.

1) What is a Privateer?
A Privateer is someone who is hired for a certain country or nation to raid enemy ships. Many Privateers were employed in the real world, and so, it is possible to become a Privateer on Voyage Century Online. Different nations will have different enemies, but usually they are the surrounding countries. For example, being a Privateer for England would mean attacking Spanish or Portuguese ships (Barcelona, Seville and Lisbon).
Privateer are employed for many reasons, but usually it is to eliminate the competition of a nation.

2) What country to choose?
If you have decided to become a Privateer, then it is time to choose a nation. I would choose a country in which you have lots of Amity with, because then you can go to higher ranks quicker. But also be vary careful when choosing. Being a Privateer can be dangerous as many ships will be after you. I would make sure to have a hiding place available, for example, if I was to become a Privateer for Spain (attacking England) I would still be able to retreat into the Mediterranean for safety.

3) How do I become a Privateer?
Becoming a Privateer is simple, you first must have at least some +Amity with your chosen nation, then you can talk to their leader or King (old link removed), and click Apply for Privateer License.

4) Life
The life of a Privateer is simple, but dangerous. You must be careful while being bold. Know when to attack and when to flee. If you happen to be attacked by a Frigate or Patrol (if can't destroy it), I advise that as soon as you enter the battle field, turn tail and run! This can be achieved in the Dragon Gun Boat which all new people get (I have tried myself). If you try to attack it, it will usually destroy you. (again: past experience).

I hope I have cleared a few questions up about becoming a Privateer.

Smooth Sailing!

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 06:49:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

what is the silver earned from beeing a privateer....? is there any....?

whats diference between a pirate and a privateer...? good vs bad

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 07:27:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

I've tried several times to apply for this while I had British nationality...98 amity...still nothing. responses I received were mainly that the Queen wanted to hold counsel on this troubling news --- or something to that effect.

I'd like to hear about others' experiences with this tho. Otherwise, I'm happy being a scoundrel pirate! f37

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 07:41:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

They are rummors that you need 6 murder evidence to get a privatere licence...
...the killers must be from the enemy country and victim from the country that you want to get licence from...

....not sure if the victim must be you ...
.....also don`t know if the licence has a time limit...

must be better to be a pirate since you still lose amity and still get attacked...unless the reward from beeing a privatere is not good...

but i`m hopping more experimanted payers or IGG representative i`ll post more info on the subject.../f10

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 08:40:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

LOL...thx m8 :)  I wonder if you have to keep all 6 evidence reports on you in order to submit the request for privateer. Well, we could always try to experiment in the meantime while we wait for the facts of the matter.

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 08:48:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

will ...will take the time and ...post more ....on this subject...

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 08:55:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

wasn't it crime evidence you needed to get the license?
than you could attack the other country (of the criminal) free for an hour
at least thats what i heard

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 08:59:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

what does free mean that you do not get bad amity with the attacked country???

ty for posting ...JM /f79

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 09:12:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

i did a bit more research on the forum and i found this:
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=21336&highlight=crime

A privateer licence was a document who allow the capitan of a ship, make acts of piracy against one country, all legal.
In VoC, this item allow you to get revenge of a player (the one who killed you) and dont get notoriety by killing him.

so if you are killed you get crime evidence. than you can apply for privateers license and get revenge without notoirety

Signature
Posted on 2008-04-24 09:27:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

whats the difference then between privatere and reward...you get noto when killing a person with a reward on his head if don`t have privatere....cause ...unless you get 2 muder evidence of the same killer on you can collect you own reward...but only those posted before by others...and this only if he does not change the nationality mean while...

Signature