Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 2506

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Guides] Beginner's FAQ And Tips

Close [Copy link] 6/10818

Posted on 2008-02-16 01:12:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

FAQs
1. I want to be fight, but I can't equip anything! How do I use them?
A: Every port has a Skill Tutor located right next the the city portal when you enter the inner parts of the town. No not the suburbs. If you have trouble locating the inner city refer to your overall map (Ctrl+M).
2. I would like to be another nationality, where do I go for that?
A: Depending on what nationality you want. To change you must see the empire leaders. For specific information see Feist's guide.
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=15487
3. Okay, I changed nationalities, but I can't get my rank up or equip noble title clothes...why?
A: Each rank has a specific silver, reputation, and amity requirement. See meteo's guide for requirements.
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6900
4. How do I get amity and reputation?
A: There are many ways to get amity, depending on who you want to get amity from you have to do certain things. Killing pirates for ports to respect you or the other way around for those smugglers to like ya. Doing tasks help create stronger trust between the organization you worked for through Ares Warrior Alliance NPC and so on. If you want it the easy way, you can invest in the empire and raise your amity by 5 each time. That coordinates for the NPCs that help you to invest I don't know what to refer you to, but I do know they around located somewhere around the ports that are part of the particular empire. Some information on this would be great.
Reputation can increase in many ways. Most tasks you complete from NPCs would give you a nice amount of reputation. Killing NPC pirates also increase reputation. For huge amounts of reputation, I would recommend getting items to authenciate. Shells, monster drops, treasures, and logbooks all will make you popular real quick with the NPCs f02
5. What are treasures and logbooks? How can I get shells?
A: Treasures can be retrieved through self hunting and players. To find out how to make treasure map pieces see meteo's guide here.
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=6832
Logbooks are like written information about a certain discoveries you find and research/study about that is ready to be published and distributed around the world f32 . When you sail around high seas, you can find many sparkles is what most people call them and if you use the Exploration/Discovery option near it you will go through a number of prompts shown general channel textbox eventually getting a logbook which is sent to your character's item inventory. When you do this make sure you have room and quit the exploration when your low on sailors or hull durability is around twenty five percent which is where you should stop before you sink. For more information see Feist's guide...
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=16264
Shells can be found around the coastline on some ports and about every island that spawns at specific/random times. Another way to get shells is through fishing.
6. How do I fish?
After you learn the fishing skill through Skill Tutor, you will get a free fishing net along with the skill. To equip the net, open up ship properties (Ctrl+Z) and click on the equipment tab. Next, click on your Inferior Fishing Net and place it in any of your three boxes which ship auxillaries are on the right side where you equip your cannons and under where figureheads are placed. To start fishing, you can go out in any offshore scene by ports and go near Shoals, click on them, anchor, and wait for your fishes to swim into your net. For information what locations has what kinds of stuff around the offshore see solarrocker's guide
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=10885
7. RAIDERS KEEP ATTACKING ME ALL OF A SUDDEN??? WHY???
A: Whenever you have goods on your ship other than ones given from some tasks/quests, pirates will always try to jump you simply because thats their job. To end their will to attack you, get rid of the goods by selling them (I recommend to Trader NPCs so they give more silver, eloquence/structure experience/ and possibly reputation) or drop them in any scene (High Seas/Offshore[When not sailing]/Land)
8. I want to board ships...how do I do that?
A: You need at least Level 1 Grappling stunt skill to equip and you can learn that through Skill Tutor that is from the Sea Battle skill. After that you need a grappling hook. NO not Mechanical Hook. You can get Level 1 Grappling Hooks from every beginner ports sold by Shipyard Bosses (Athens/Alexandria/Beirut/Istanbul) Once you have one, place it in your ship auxillaries. When you enter sea battle scene, have the stunt skill set as a hotkey (F1-F12) and when you get near your enemy ship, make sure you target them and press the hotkey to attempt to grapple onto the ship and board them. There is a chance of failure and grappling is not always successful. When you board, be prepared for close combat fighting. The stunt skill can be found on the Command Window (Ctrl+A) on the At Sea tab in the Enable special Skills section.
9. Which weapon is better?
A: I don't have a good answer for that, but I can help you decide on which one you want to use. There are four weapons: Falchion, sword, axe, and gun. See Fiest's nice guide on weapons...
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14509
10. Which ship is better?
A: This depends on what you do more often with your ship. Of course, you can have all three types: Battle, Raider, and Merchant ships. In general these are what each ship specializes...
Battleship: Cannonfight is its special attribute and can take most damage to hull.
Raidership: Speed demon this is and can hold up to the most sailors in its level class which is perfect for boarding ships
Merchantship: Crazy load that can hold so much! Only type of ship that can use mines f39
10. Aaaah! Ports keep attacking me, how do I become friendly with them again?
A: It is either if you are from a pirate nationality, have negative amity towards them, or your notority is above zero. Basically, to stop the port attacks, change to a nationality other than pirates, gain postive amity through killing pirates or investing to the empire, or pray to cleanse yourself from your minor sins (Only works if you have one notority) if it is higher pay the time through jail.
11. I have notority, how do I get rid of it?
A: Go to jail and do your time or if you have just one notority, go to your Command Window, go to the Interaction tab, and right click on Resipiscenceand wait for three minutes without being interrupted or moving.
12. Okay, I am in jail and I hate it, how do I get out?
A: Kill rats for their tooth and pick your way out. Keep in mind there is a maze for you to go through before your free, yes there are deadly monsters roaming around who are pretty strong and agressive.
13. Any way to shorten my jail time?
A: Gamble with the Jail Guard, but there is a chance for you to lose and extend your jail time or simply do something else to burn time.
14. My name is red/pink what does it mean?
A: When your name is highlighted red/pink it means you are pinknamed, therefore when you die, the chances of dropping your equipments and other of your goodies are very likely and players will be after you for your items and won't get any penalty from your death.
15. What is IM?
A: Item Mall which is a place where you convert real money into virtual money (Not silver) and use to buy exclusive items of your choice.
16. Can I get IM stuff with silver?
A: Yes, you can by buying them from players and if your lucky for free.
17. What are credits for?
A: The credits is another way to buy some Item Mall goodies and can only be earned on forums.
18. How do I get karma?
A: Many ways, the reason mostly comes from helping out other players and distributing some interesting or helpful information and are given by certain users with the power to award karma.
19. How do I get drawings?
A: Drawings are sometimes award from complete tasks from NPCs (Not guild NPCS) and are dropped from boarding ships. Check out another of Feist's guide for more information!
http://vc.igg.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=14442
20. Is there a friend's list in this game?
A: Yes, there is. You can check out the list on the Interactions Window (Ctrl+X) on the Friend-making tab. You can add manually if they are online or click on their ship/character and use the Make Friends function.
More continued below...

[ Last edited by IAssassinI at 2008-2-18 10:40 ]

Signature
Posted on 2008-02-16 13:55:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

nice guide f26

Signature
Posted on 2008-02-16 15:36:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

21. What is the blacklist?
A: Simply a list where you add the people you hate, must kill for revenge, simply no reason, etc. Players who murder you will automatically become listed on the blacklist.
22. How do you make teams? And what do you benefit off it?
A: To create teams, whoever invited people to associate with them will automatically become team leader. You would highlight their character/ship and press the Make Team function. Inviting only works when players are physically present near a certain distance between each other. You can demote and promote who can be team leader, but only the current team leader can decide. On land you get a defence bonus depending on the number of players in the team. On high sea you can share provisions to last longer without starving and sailing at 3.0 f91  also the leader will determine everyones sailing speed, so you can sail faster than you ship normally would or slower. Battle bonus experience are gained when players annihilate an NPC enemy. All pros, no cons. f03
23. What is the 2nd phase thing all about?
In this game, you are only allowed 8 total skills go beyond Level 31 which is phase two. When you start, Voyaging is automatically promote phase two. So choose wisely what you would like to promote. Item Mall sells promotion books which some players do sell in stalls so it is possible to phase two everything, but it is very costly. The first six skill you promote through Skill Tutor will be free, but the last one will cost you a nice amount of silver.
24. What is the purpose of guilds?
A: The purpose for guilds are different for everyone. Some to meet people and have fun. Sieging or what I call guild wars which is fighting another guild. Owning ports. Benefits...discounts, free stuff, leech and whatnot. Get help from veteran players to get the learn about the game quicker. And many more.
25. Who made the game?
A: The developers is Snail Game and publishers translated it to english and that IGG (Internet Gaming Gate).
26: Is there any other ports/towns/islands I can go to? I see only four!
A: Refer to Shinhan's navigator page for all the locations and other information.
http://navigator.ubercrue.com/index.php?left=500&action=coord
27. How can I run the game quicker?
A: You can close some programs with Windows Task Manager (Ctrl+Alt+Delete) on the Processes tab and close ones there are not in use. Another way to set display on high speed. In game open on System/Control Panel (Ctrl+Q) click on SET DISPLAY and on the Choose mode section click on High Speed option and confirm it by clicking yes. Another way if you have Windows is go to your Start menu -> All Programs -> Accessories -> System Tools -> Disk Cleanup/Disk Defragmenter. These programs will clean and organize your computer so there is less to process and makes it easier to load things. (If there are any other solutions, please share your information and I will add it and make sure you get credit.)
28. Most of the cities are empty, where can I go to meet players?
A: I cannot completely answer that, but in Da Gama+James Cook server, Seville and Athens always have people around see to folks there!
29. I want to talk to a GM online to report something, how do I do that?
A: On the right bottom corner of your screen when logged on, there will be a wheel with a question mark in the middle (?) click on the Online Help (Ctrl+G) and choose GM instant help and they will get to you momentarily.
30. What are textiles for?
A: Five textiles can be made into certain level cloths and those are used for making clothing, hats, and armors.
31: How can I repair faster?
A: Repairs increase a point per level depending on what you are repairing. Shipbuilding for ships and shields. Foundry for weapons. Sewing for clothing.
32. Can I repair jewelry?
A: Through Blacksmith you can, but he reduces the max durability depending on how much the current durability is at. To keep the max durability, you have to use the jewelry repairs kits from item mall.
33. MY EQUIPMENTS KEEP ON DECREASING MAX DURABILITY!!! CAN I AND HOW DO I GET IT BACK UP!?!?
A: Once you reach a certain level and learn how to create a certain equipment you can fully repair whatever it is at no cost except time. So for example I want to repair my Light Cutlass, I have to learn the drawing to repair it to its full strength without any reductions. If it is already reduced you can restore it back to max as long as you learned it. Players who set up stalls can repair it for you too, sometimes they know how to make it or not and sometimes repair with a price.
34. How can I get experience without doing anything?
A: There are practice scroll for each skill from Item Mall that gives experience as long as you don't move and are online. Time is not taken when offline. But there are no scrolls for leveling up your ship.
35. Are there bows/spears/machineguns/dualwielding/etc. in this game?
A: No, I wish there were spears or dual wielding at least though f47
Tips:
1. Keep Recruit's Equipments! If you are a fighter and simply want more defense you can change early into a level two infantry noble title uniform. The perfect time to exchange weapons is at level 21 with some noble title weapon.
2. Do not upgrade Dragonhead Gunboat! Change only if you need load so that would be a level two merchant ship. Need to find sparkles and must equip telescopes so get level two raider ship. And for battleship, keep DHGB until you can change to level six battleship or higher.
3. Do not say profanity on forums or in game, it will most likely lead you to trouble...
4. To prevent from scams, pay attention and carefully look at what you are selling and buying. Carefully count the digits and know the values of items your dealing with. Trading should take time and merchants are patient.
5. Always have red potions with you to heal.
6. When in sea battle ALWAYS pay attention to your current hull durability and sailor amounts.
7. Be careful when you decide to attack players, there WILL be consequences. Think before you act! f28
8. When selling or buying something make sure it is around the average price of what the items go for otherwise, you will have a hard time with sales, profit or not.
9. Do not play any video or computer games for a long period of time (2 hours or more) without breaks, you could strain your eyes and the body needs rest no matter what body build you have or how "healthy" you are.
10. Treat players the way you want to be treated.
End of guide...thanks for reading and hope it helps!f49

[ Last edited by IAssassinI at 2008-2-18 10:40 ]

Signature
Posted on 2008-02-17 08:45:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

"22. How do you make teams? And what do you benefit off it?
A: To create teams, whoever invited people to associate with them will automatically become team leader. You would highlight their character/ship and press the Make Team function. Inviting only works when players are physically present near a certain distance between each other. You can demote and promote who can be team leader, but only the current team leader can decide. On land you get a defence bonus depending on the number of players in the team. On high sea you can share provisions to last longer without starving and sailing at 3.0   also the leader will determine everyones sailing speed, so you can sail faster than you ship normally would or slower. Battle bonus experience are gained when players annihilate an NPC enemy. All pros, no cons."

Actually if their is a ship below level 4 (eg a dragonhead gunboat) then that would set the speed of the fleet in combined fleet mode :)

Signature
Posted on 2008-02-18 13:41:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

Added some more information, edited, and complete!
May update in the future...suggestions and other tips are welcome f01

Signature
Posted on 2008-03-22 04:59:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

Happy Easter Days from freezing Switzerland ;)
I think this Thread could help a lot of ppl. out there.. I see lots of New Players upgrading their Little Dragon to a level 2 BS, because they don't know about "his" power.. and also the other points like the "Think before attack" are very useful ;)

Signature
Posted on 2011-04-03 21:11:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

replying ot find
moving to guides

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017