Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 15514

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Off-Topic] Suggestion: opening the classic server

[Copy link] 4/627

Posted on 2017-10-27 00:56:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello everyone

I dont know if this was suggested before or not

I suggest opening a classic server, the old school server.

A 2007-server where everything matters, ships from lvl 1 to 10, weapons from lvl 1 to 10

A server where lvl 1 Mines and Timbers matters, and every beasts and creatures has a benifit

A server where high sea pirate bosses have a real benifit, getting weapons and clothes drawings.

A server where there is no Item Mall, you should work hard to get everything

I know a lot of old players that I used to play with

They say the game is ruined now because of the IM, you can not get strong if you dont buy from IM

I assure you, opening a classic server will make these players return

At least you will have tens of players back, and maybe they will join the other servers.

What do you think ppl? Be free to reply

Regards

Signature
Posted on 2017-10-27 10:50:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

It would be fun but if no one is buying IM, then igg is not making a profit. it would be a waste of the already extremely limited igg resources devoted to this game, since they are guaranteed they will make absolutely no money directly from that sort of server.

Signature
Posted on 2017-10-27 12:02:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

A few years back someone tried to buy the rights to run a server like that but we never heard if he was even able to contact snail about it...
They probably wanted to much $$$ 

and as said above.. there is no profit in it.

I heard once there was a Russian private server obviously by invite only... but who knows if it is still around.

Signature
Daylight Saving Time USA March 11, 2018
DST Europe* March 25, 2018

First Day of Spring March 20, 2018
Posted on 2017-10-27 17:23:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

It doesn't have to make money.

If it can pull back some players to the game, that will be a great profit by itself.

Imagine tens of players return to play like they did before, how many of them do you think will give a try to the official servers?? Some of them will definitly give the official servers a try, and may stuck to them and start paying for IM.

Beside, if IGG sees that the server doesn't make any progress, they can easily shut it down to save resources.

Signature
Posted on 2017-10-27 21:20:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

What player would want to invest any time in a character on a sever that could be gone at any moment if IGG decides it isn't making progress or being helpful...at least for main servers, it's assumed that they'll stay up as long as they're making IGG a profit...

Signature