Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 98672

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] Exchange NPC issues; pop up screens dissappear when item clicked

[Copy link] 5/216

Posted on 2021-11-15 16:13:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

Every account recently, made 5 just to see if it was a continuous issue, but only use one, uninstalled, reinstalled numerous times, on any drive, anyways, the issue is, i can not use ANY of the NPC's needed for exchanges, gold, mats, battle exchanger, any vouchers NPC, ship upgrade vouchers, GT tower voucher guy, tiger totem, ability guy right off the bat for the 4 ability you have at the start, (you get the picture) nothing, basically everything you would see in IM in game. You click on them, it will show a menu for exchange or mats, or really anything to exchange, like normal, sea/land and so forth, you go to click on any of the menu options, it just kick you right back out of the screen like you never even touched them. EVERY time, so, i can't make gear,  or upgrade my 140, can't upgrade ships, really anything unless I USE IM period to get it, or maybe non bound someone can make for me, i really don't know (which i don't use IM but may be forced to now) Seems very ironic. Also can't use any Guild NPC's either same deal, only the guy who lets you in and out of the guild hall, can't use vigor pts, as well from it, or anything from the guild. Tried reaching out to the company, but no answer at all, and this is lagging out way to long, been here for 2mos, and i can't even do anything. Just have all these vouchers, medals, and everything else stacking up on WH and bags not being able to use them at all. Any help would be awesome, love the game, and the people in it, but this is ridiculous.

-Love Kat (aka MissCheevious/MissAnneBonny.(columbus server)

---------------------------------

changed the thread title a bit to better explain the problem.... hopefully it will also help when searching the subject... as i am sure with today's screens this issue will come up again.  - Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-11-16 05:43:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

first the obvious question

did you install and run as admin each time?

did you manually install the updates and in the correct order?

does this happen on all servers?

which download link did you use?

are you able to start the beginner quest line... ie choose a profession, get a weapon and then recieve the coin...

I created an alt:

clicked through at langer then went to veteran...
then went to ability book exchanger

when you click on an ability gift pack in the interface - does the pack get a green square around it? 
- then you click the exchange button and a screen pops up asking if you are certain you want to exchange for the pack....
I am betting soemthing is blocking those pop ups...or some how when you click the interface it is choosing the cancel button. 
its hard to tell which button is "highlighted" but look carefully and make sure "cancel" is not highlighted.

I do not think there is a way to scroll through or choose the items in any way other than clicking on them.

double check the game controls mouse settings...make sure all 3 settings work correctly ie left right middle..

any more than this... i will let DSOFA handle it as he is the techie.

----------------------

as for lag try a vpn... servers are near Sanfrancisco California.

but be aware if you change vpn addresses while playing vco they will give you a hard time if you wish to unbind items because they use IP address to identify who people are by where the address traces to... and if it traces to more than 1 city they assume you are using somones account and not that it is you using a vpn.

also sometimes lag is due to the fact that game is REALLY old and it does not like some new drivers or some cards or some such.

here is the last lag problem talked about:  Mouse pointer movement lag fix (with new drivers too)

----------------------------------------------------

Signature
Posted on 2021-11-16 07:16:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

did you install and run as admin each time?  (Yes)

did you manually install the updates and in the correct order? (It's automatic, no manual anything needed)

does this happen on all servers? (yes)

which download link did you use? (The one on the download page, .exe)

are you able to start the beginner quest line... ie choose a profession, get a weapon and then recieve the coin...(Yes, that's all fine, it's just all those exchange, voucher, NPC's, as i said all the IM ones in game, which is 90% of the game, that don't interact with me, the rest like shipyard boss etc, do)

----------------------------------
when you click on an ability gift pack in the interface - does the pack get a green square around it? (Yes, items are fine, NPCS are not.)

then you click the exchange button and a screen pops up asking if you are certain you want to exchange for the pack....(yes, then when i pick any it goes back to blank screen like i never touched the NPC)

I am betting soemthing is blocking those pop ups...or some how when you click the interface it is choosing the cancel button. 

its hard to tell which button is "highlighted" but look carefully and make sure "cancel" is not highlighted.
(Done all that, just very ironic that it's only these NPC's and not the other ones, like Docker, Weapon smith, etc, etc. Also, I already did the mouse fix right off the bat before playing)

(As far as my net, and/or computer, it's fine, no issues, nothing, it's just this game, no other game or issues pop up with anything else.)

Signature
Posted on 2021-11-16 15:38:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

This happens due to the badly written code behind drawing exchange interfaces on screen.
The code tries to find the middle of the screen, but if your resolution is too big, eg. 2K or 4K, it does the math wrong and draws the interface somewhere outside the screen so you cannot access it.

The solution to this would be to play the game in 1080p mode. You can try manually adjusting resolutions trough the core.ini file and see which is the highest one before the interface disappears from the screen.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: https://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2021-11-16 17:48:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

Geesh, ok, so, the stock display via game settings for 1080 works, but now, the game is distorted really bad, i mean it is what it is on that, but i'm on a 2560x1440 144hz monitor, not to sure how to adjust that for game size, cause when i play this game in the 1080 mode, my desktop goes crazy with trying to readjust the resolution, as well as the right side of screen don't end, Lol. If you have ideas on that let me know, (as far as the in game size)but for now, they look like they are working, i'll update as needed after i get around to make sure they all work. Thank you so much, Sofa! <3

Signature
Posted on 2021-11-17 16:06:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

You will probably laugh when I tell you... they have updated the screen resolutions at least 2 times.

this game was created when we only had square CRT monitors

the original way of placing pop ups was by giving it grid coordinates and the problem with that was the grid 0,0 point was somewhere odd like lower right? (think Chinese) of the screen and they had to re do all the pop up programming.

so when flat screens first came out they had to revamp... so they introduced choose-able resolutions.

then when notebooks/netbooks? came out the game didn't  work on them either....

so the last revamp the number of available screen sizes got reduced.

- Ele

Signature