Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 98461

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] Terrible connection

Close [Copy link] 5/193

Posted on 2021-09-30 16:37:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

Since yesterday, at around thus hour, Most of us in the game have really terrible game and all clients are going offline. 

Relogging then again after a few minutes, disconnecting again. And it keeps going on and on and on for few hours, disconnecting every couple of minutes.

We have planting cards going on and we are losing time from the planting card because of unstable connection server side.

Signature
Posted on 2021-09-30 16:48:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

yea me too this sucks relog my guys like 5 time last night and 4 times tonight

Signature
Posted on 2021-10-01 15:09:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

well on the good side -sort of - at least you caught that your planter went off line...
hopefully you got some of your seeds / plants back

Its when if goes off line and you are asleep and someone pick up your plants... grr

Unfortunately the Golden week holiday started today.. so do not expect anything or any answers from IGG.

----

When the connection starts to go bad usually the area around the Mediterranean Sea is first / worst hit. (Eastern South America generally can not play at all ever)

We know from experience IGG will do nothing

All we can suggest is to try a VPN

The servers are in the south San Francisco, California area... but when I tried a few locations I actually got a better connection by NOT using San Francisco.

I did a couple of quick traces just now, and i did get a few slow pings at different hops... usually San Jose California (sje) or San Francisco (sfo)...but I also go a few from my VPN city.

I don't think that that would be enough to dc you, but anyone from overseas will always get a worse connection..

Though I did notice our signal no longer disappears when going through IGG servers..
use to be it hit the security and we lost the trace.
now it just does not show the ip address for the last 2 hops but the hop before that says "skyunion" which is IGG. ( I use ping plotter)

That being said; we players know but IGG will not admit ; the lag and d/c's has something to do with the game and or servers.
Newer games do not get hit like we do... but no one at IGG has ever figured it out... we have been having sporadic lag and connection issues since before 2015.

How to check your internet connection for lag, dropped packages, & path

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-10-01 16:27:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes we noticed yesterday that people from USA area that are going through San Francisco hop didnt get his by terrible lag and continuous disconnections.

Us that pass from skynion-5 hop we all got hit with terrible lag and disconnections.

This time i managed to recover the seeds but i still had to keep planter and all miners offline for several hours until the storm passed. Yesterday was second day that happened. First day happened abit later then yesterday's. Hopefully we dont get hit the same today..

Possible a vpn can solve this issue yeah BUT then using a vpn will screw us that want to unbind our gear, as IGG's logic tells em if theres more then 1 IP address registered on an account they will not unbind the gear -_-

Signature
Posted on 2021-10-02 16:04:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

I think plenty of people have different IP associated with their account
some IP providers have/give their customers continually switching ip's every time they log on... from a group of numbers that the company has associated with them but they usually start with the same first few numbers
(example; IP xxx.yyy.zz.ww.   the x's and y's would stay the same but the other numbers would change)

The problem is when there are different cities and different providers/carriers... so yes VPN could be a problem...

but as with all things IGG it will depend on the person you get and how much work they are willing to do.... if you use the same vpn IP constantly and can show IGG that you can switch back to your home IP to prove who you are.... oh wait logic doesn't work for IGG...

so yea
I do not know it that we could prove to IGG that it is just us and not a stolen account.

hmmm

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-10-05 13:18:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hey an update on the situation of IGG's terrible server connection...

Apart from still having random disconnections at night ( around 00:00 my time ), just recently there was a huge lag spike, clients froze for a couple of minutes then some of us went offline, difference is, whoever dc'ed cannot log back in (Columbus server) and get an internal error code number 12.

Is it safe to assume, that since they are on holiday this will not be fixed until they come back ?

Signature