Voyage Online Today: 4    Total Posts: 98543

Total:#2

Create Thread

[Discussion] Log in Problems; returning member

[Copy link] 1/263

Posted on 2021-08-19 10:37:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

hello all i am not new just making a return i was around when med 420 , vindicators, belgum navy were around and on columbus server ahhhh  the good ole days the fun days 

any way i am attempting  to create a character i havent played this game in about 10 or so years and suddenly had the urge to play again

i cant seem to log on via the client downloaded on my pc when i select the server of my choice it ask me for a user name and password to log in  i dont have one and there is no where to create one i do have a igg account but that is not the same as my voyage login details where do i create my voyage login details so i can create my character and begin to play 

any help will be greatly appreciated please

--------------
changed title for search purposes.  = ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-08-19 14:24:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you want to use your old account (and make a new character on that account)
re activate your account
Activate your VCO Account;
http://vc.igg.com/event/reactivate/index.php

You will need to know your old VCO account name and password for this.

=============================================

If you are creating a new IGG account follow below:

there is a thread that is "stuck" to the top of all forum section pages titled "IGG Customer Support Links; contact info, Log in problems help" - if you have further problems check that thread first.

(Yes there is a lot of text... but scroll down to the log in problems section)

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Some of the auto loading pages may have changed but here are the instructions I wrote a while back:

---------------------- General Information ------------------------------

After you create an IGG account, you then link/activate games on the account

When activating a game it will ask you for a username (account name) for the game you activate.

- In our game ( VC / VCO) you can have up to 4 characters on each of the 3 servers all on one account - but having many characters on one account is not recommended.

It is suggested that you only have one character per account (in only one server )
You can run multiple accounts in multiple windows when you play.

This will make trading of items easier between your own characters (no one needed to hold and maybe steal your items while you re-log) and because many people switch servers over time,  you will/might need unfilled character "slots" in the server you might want to transfer too.
- don't worry, many people have multiple accounts.
( I have 10 and one person the other day posted he had 30 accounts)

----------------------Account Creation Steps --------------------

First create an IGG account at https://www.igg.com/

(IGG and VCO pages sometimes act separately and sometimes they are linked - yes it is a mess)

1) You will not have registered for VCO (the game) yet (you only registered for IGG - the company) , so go to (VCO PAGE)  http://vc.igg.com/main.php and login using email + password,....the VCO webpage http://vc.igg.com/main.php will look similar to the picture below:
click the link at top on page that says; "click here to activate this game". 
You will be directed to registration pages.

[if you have an old account, but have not played in 6 months go to  http://www.vc.igg.com/event/reactivate/index.php    to re-activate your account]

2)  after the "IGG Welcome,  screen"  then there is a screen where you can create an IGG pages nick name... but I have not found that the nick name links to anything else... I tend to put descriptors of my accounts in the nick name such as "Planter" or "logger" or "junk alt#5"... which can (also) be done much much later ..or not at all.

3a) Download the game: http://vc.igg.com/download/client.php
After the main download and before you start the game:
Be careful and check that you have done the manual updates in order... up to version .150 (March 2021)

3b)  Then ALWAYS Run/Start the game in Administer mode
* you use game icon not a web page to start the game
(Start in admin mode or the game program will not start correctly
- auto updates during start up do not always work correctly; that's why you did manual updates )

3c)Then log into the game
When you log into the game first you choose what server you want to play on- FYI "Battle server" is not a regular server so DO NOT choose "Battle Server".

3d)  The next screen asks for VCO ACCOUNT (ie. Username) and Password - NOT email

3e) the next screens will have your create or choose character names

4) Make a note on paper or maybe a non erasable drive of your account name(s) password(s) and the email address they are linked too!!
Then hide it somewhere... IGG will not help you if you loose your account information.

You will need to know which server you want to be/play on.
MMP and Columbus are about equally populated. MMP has most pvp, Zheng He is VERY quiet/ low population.
It is not worth it to try to transfer new characters to different servers.  Transfers cost real money unless it is during one of the 2 yearly "event" transfers..... so if you find you do not like your server just make a new character on a different server

------------------------------

If you are a new player or have not played in a long time;  PLEASE READ the beginning posts of the following guide and follow along with the quests that are numbered starting at post #4 in the;

New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

The guide will answer a LOT of your new player questions and you will find most players have been here so long they have forgotten answers to beginner questions.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you have any problems that are not answered by the linked post above or the instructions above
please post again!!!

- Ele

Signature