Voyage Online Today: 5    Total Posts: 98514

Total:#10

Create Thread

[Discussion] [Solved] To FOK; Please check my ticket ID: 52220661

Close [Copy link] 9/1185

Posted on 2021-02-10 20:25:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

Dear funofking, please check my ticket ID: 52220661. It was sent on 2021-02-02.

I have sent it 9 days ago, I was asked to purchase a Special Service Package to recover a lost item, which I have bought and I received no further response. Chinese holidays are coming, so I guess I wont get a response in the next two weeks either...

How ridiculous is that, I paid for a service which I have not received... Ticket is under processing and it has been like that for over a week.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: https://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2021-02-11 04:19:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

No service? I guess its igg practice to sell expensive services and items that can be only used with the help of gm like this the 150 unbind tool.
I also guess that laws and regulations for online sell does mean jack- $hit for you... GJ and GG IGG

Signature
Posted on 2021-02-11 15:47:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

Unfortunately because all items in this game are virtual and IGG sets the terms of service and that IGG is based in Singapore and China... they can do just about anything they want as long as it is allowed by Their government.

Most international laws cover the intellectual property rights... I have yet to find anything that covers the service an individual should receive.

Its this way with many items/ companies...
for instance I researched buying a "rugged" mobile phone:
9 of 10 in one article, that were rated as best phones, were from China.
I researched 3 phone maker's companies customer complaints and all were about having to pay to send their nonworking / broken phone to china (no local shops authorized to fix it) then to not have it fixed or having it cost more than the phone, and some were new unused phones.

so its all pretty much one big craps shoot when doing international business (especially with China).

oh and if you should wish to be covered by international laws then you have to pay court fees lawyer fees etc so you need to have had quite a few thousands of dollars of loss for any litigation to be worth it.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-02-12 15:50:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

• In America we use to have an old saying; "Buyer Beware" (Caveat Emptor)
    and though not used much anymore some states still uphold the saying in their laws.

I did a bit of research..  In The USA we have:

The Bureau of Consumer Protection ; LINK HERE
    the link above has a link for reporting possible scams or fraud as well as reporting identity theft, putting your phone number on the do not call list, reporting spam calls, and reporting spam emails.

So to reply to DSOFA's comment we can complain to the above Bureau... as for "banning" well first they would have to go to court....

The BCP does take companies to court but as this is at a federal level... and we are talking about the US government here... we know how only $$ talk... it would take a WHOLE LOT of complaints and probably hundreds of thousands of dollars of loss for them to even think about it. (IMHO)

As a General Rule American Laws do not apply to foreign countries.
    I do not think IGG is considered an American Company... they are not LLC (Limited Liability Company**) in USA they are an "Inc." (incorporated / corporation).
    IGG is headquartered in Singapore. (Though the company started in Fuzhou, China)
    No. 10 Jalan Kilang Sime Darby Enterprise Centre Singapore, 159410 Singapore

In Singapore they have the Consumer Protection (Fair Trading) Act
    (what I read of it, it mostly seems to cover false advertising or claims - which could be why IGG does not advertise anywhere... hmmmm  - In my quick search I did not see anything in the "article" covering customer service.)

In the UK though "Buyer Beware" (Caveat Emptor) was actually used by the courts...
    they have the consumer protection act of 2015 - as that is not my country I didn't search for further for  links... but I ran across it a few times.

I did not search for individual laws in the USA... that would need to be done by an actual law researcher/ lawyer who knows where to look. And to find out if any US laws would apply anyway.

- Ele

**found this about tax law and LLC and it may apply to corporations: - which describes the IGG USA office to a "T".
    In general, not (USA) taxable are:
    • Personal services performed from abroad
    • Selling digital products
    • Web design etc.
    • Selling physical products if the shipping point is from outside of the US.

this is likely why our customer support is not located in the USA but in China. - Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-02-18 11:14:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

16 days later still no item, still no points refund, still no response.

Signature

Posted on 2021-02-18 14:50:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

send a new ticket every day

they are trying to wait out the 30 days then they can say it is unrecoverable

- Ele

ps take screen shots of your correspondence because they can delete it

Signature
Posted on 2021-02-19 19:43:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

Its not gonna end well for either one of us if they go down that route, that's for sure.

I still have faith they won't scam me.

Signature

Posted on 2021-02-22 07:48:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

I got a reply from them, told me to leave my character offline 9:00pm -12:00am EDT(GMT-4), Sunday and 01:00am-6:00am and 9:00pm -12:00am EDT(GMT-4), Monday to Thursday.

Did that and my item is still not recovered. Guess I'll have to spam tickets until someone notices too many unresolved tickets and someone gets fired.

Signature

Posted on 2021-02-22 15:18:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

leave character OFFline? usually its the other way around isn't it?

(Online so they can just trade your character a new item.)

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2021-02-23 04:39:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yes, it had to be offline so techs could log my character and recover the item for me.
My item has finally been recovered after numerous tickets and a month of discussion with them.

Gonna consider this as a small victory and hope me or no one else will ever need this kind of service.

Signature