Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96737

Total:#12

Create Thread

[Discussion] 9/16/2020 - Forum pages not saving password - different problems now

[Copy link] 11/470

Posted on 2020-09-05 15:37:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

Things have been changed since the start of this thread

please go to post #12 for most updated synopsis

- Ele  9/22/2020

-----------------------------------------------------------------
I have noticed that EVERY time I log into the forum my sign in info is missing from my pull-down of account names and passwords.

I purposely cleared my old log in of account name so I could save my log in as email and password... but The forum pages will not save it.

If I go to the IGG main page my email log in shows in the pull-down.

I recognize that they may have done this because the Forum is an un-secure site, while the IGG page is secured (by go-daddy).... but whats the difference? if we type in the info or its saved... when it gets sent (from this forum site) its compromised anyway.

It may not sound like a big deal but it gets Annoying when you have to log in every day and sometime 2x a day.
I suppose I could stay logged in if I didn't clear my cookies 1 or 2 times per day... but my old computer bogs down with too many cookies.

Anyone else experiencing this?

- Ele

Yes, I have found that the work-around for this is to just sign in at the IGG main page - which auto takes you to your account profile..... then use a bookmark to get to the VCO Forum and you will be signed in at the forum...

but again... ANNOYING.. why have the sign in capability on the forum site if we have to do that.

and N0, I am NEVER linking my FB or Google (or we chat?) so China can track me.

And yes, I'm hoping FOK will see this and maybe fix it.

Signature
Posted on 2020-09-06 06:22:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

To make things worse, I can't even login trough the forum. It keeps saying incorrect username or email.

I have to login trough VCO's page.

Same thing happening to me in service center. This is a huge issue that should be solved ASAP.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2020-09-06 15:26:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

As a side note:
this forum now only lets you sign in with the EMAIL address associated with your account. 
It will NOT accept your nickname or game name or username.

IF you do not know the email address your account is associated with - you may be in trouble.
The only way you can (partially see) your associated email is by logging into the main IGG page
link: https://www.igg.com/ and clicking associated accounts from your profile.

BUT you have to sign in to see it in with the email associated with your account!!!!

If you try to get support's help.... there too  you have to sign in with your associated email address!

So there is now no way to recover your email address - which no one has used for any thing in the last 10 + years
.....  and now, we suddenly need to know it!

**EDIT**
Read this to see a partially censored version of your email:
If you do not know your accounts email address - do this quick b4 its fixed

**end Edit**

The only good thing is I do not think capital letters matter in your email address.
I have written mine with and with out capital letters and it was accepted.

Password may be a different matter however.

- Ele

-------------------------------------

The service center is totally screwed up...
I signed out of all vco and IGG pages yet I am still logged into the service center.
and the is no sign out function on the service enter web page.
(so i have to run a cookie cleaner to log off)

so not only can DSOFA not log in.... once you are in you can not log out anyway.

that site is totally broken... but is probably the LOWEST priority since no one but the IGG PC gamers use that site.

Signature
Posted on 2020-09-15 19:03:25 | Show thread starter's posts only

This issue is fixed now. I can login using my username, it doesn't redirect me anywhere else and I can save the password in browser (Firefox) and use it next time I visit.

Can someone confirm it works for them aswell?

Signature

Posted on 2020-09-16 13:36:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

9/16/2020  19:25 GMT

Ok this is crazy....

I am able to log into the VCO forum, IM or news pages, VC IM Games pages with my username or email...
Also the IGG main page is letting me sign in with username...

and yes forum, IM games and IGG main page do not auto go after log in, to the IGG profile page.

However,
VC news/ IM and clock in pages - still go to profile page after log in

if I log off at an IGG site I am still logged into the VC forum but it logs me out of VC item mall/news pages.

VC Forum is NOT giving the option to save my sign in info.
But neither is the IGG main page giving the option to save my sign in info anymore (crap why did i delete it to test it).
(my old data is still there for other accounts but does not add the information for the one I cleaned from my browser to test the forum site)

I was able to save my sign in info from the VC IM/news pages only. (I didn't test clock-in page) (and do not think IM games pages saved as they have incorrect number of account names anyway)

Different pages will have different pull down sign in information/names passwords
The VC news/ Item mall pages, clock in, and IGG pages give me a choice of 10 different accounts (ie. all my accounts) to choose from
The VC Forum or any VC IM event pages only give me a list of 6 to choose from.

I am using Firefox

---------------

ps. had trouble at first signing in with username.... had to reload pages a few times.

Signature
Posted on 2020-09-16 18:15:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

VC Forum is NOT giving the option to save my sign in info.

Login information saving is not handled by the forum itself. Its handled by the browser. You probably clicked "Never save information for this site" when the browser prompted you.

In Firefox I can save sign in info without any problems.

Signature

Posted on 2020-09-17 05:21:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

**EDIT**

I will try to play around tomorrow to see if the other problems still exist...
but on the saving of the passwords:

I do not get the pop up box that asks if you want to save the forum password.
I was only able to save it by clicking the lock >> right arrow >> more information >> view saved passwords

then I (saw and) realized it should be saving under vc.forum.igg.com (not passport.igg.com)
I was able to "edit" the one listing that it showed me... and add my account name and password that way.

I then logged off and tried logging in one of the missing accounts from the pull down list.
This account did not save and I did not get the box asking to save it.

I did find the "create new log in" in the browser... it is at the bottom left  of the page... under the column of all the passwords (under saved logins).

So I can add my missing accounts that way.

-----------------------------------

I would be interested if someone could tell me how to tell the browser how to let me save information from one page/one site (see below i have no exceptions)

ALL IGG page passwords save to pasport.igg.com  IDK why vc.forum.igg.com will not ask me to save.

this is what the tools>> options>> security and privacy looks like for me:

I have NO exceptions saved:

I even cleared my history... logged in but it did not give me the "pop up" box asking to save my info.
logged out - and then looked and no its not on the forum page pulldown.

My info is saved however in my browser - if I click saved logins  my username is saved for passport.igg.com

------------------------

as another note when I log in now i get a pop up that asks if I want to switch IGG ID....
It gives me WEB (default), my#, and my # as options.
why it gives me my own account number 2x... who knows.

maybe that has something to do with it.

Signature
Posted on 2020-09-17 07:42:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

I cant login Game has me registered to an old e-mail-thought FIXED under last owners as I CAN BUY STUFF ... But now it says I do not exist as " ledhed " .

Signature
why did you screw this forum up also ?
Posted on 2020-09-17 13:51:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

I will slowly write things I notice and how they are different for each page:

You should (now - in the last 24 hours or so) be able to sign in to any page VC or IGG with either your username OR email (and password).

Any page that lets you sign in with a pop up screen and does not take you to a whole new screen - will let you stay on that page after logging in.
[VC forum, IGG main page, VC IM games]

Any page that takes you to a different page to log in will take you to the IGG profile page after signing in.
[VC Item mall, VC news, Clock in,  VC main pages with the brown box of info at top left]

IF you log out from an IGG page or VC item mall/ news/ clock in/ vc IM games/ brown box pages - you will NOT get logged off the VC forum!
However, if you log off in the vc forum it will also log you off the IGG and VC brown box pages and every other page (except support).

If like me you do not get the pop up box giving you an option to save your username or email and password:
go into your browser and add it manually.

VC forum passwords should save to/as;  vc.forum.igg.com
IGG page/ brown box page passwords should save to/as;  passport.igg.com

Firefox go to ; tools>> options>> security and privacy>> saved logins
scroll to the bottom and on the left under your saved passwords click " create new log in"

I also found (in Firefox) if I click the shield next to the lock in the address bar and take off enhanced tracking protection - a key will show in the address bar (after i sign in the forum)... if you click the key it gives you the option to save the username/email and password. just dont forget to turn back on the tracking protection.

(and no I still cant figure out why, for me, the save password box does not automatically pop up on the forum page like it does on the other vc pages.... nor can I figure out why 6 of the 10  passwords for passport.igg.com show up in my forum and VC IM game screen pull downs - maybe at one time the forum did use the same info? - probably the old forum as it is my newer accounts info that is missing.)

Ill experiment with other browsers later if others say they need it.

- Ele

ps.
The support page is a whole different story.
If you log into any VC or IGG page that is the account that page wants to use.
There is still no way to log off from the support page - except by clearing cookies/cache.

So if you accidentally sign into support while not on the account you want to use; you will have to use a cache/cookie cleaner or clear them from within your browser before you are able to sign in with the account you want.

Signature
Posted on 2020-09-22 02:49:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

Am I the only one not having any problems? I use my old login info on every page and it works just fine everywhere lol

Only thing that sucks is not having logout button on support pages.

Signature