Voyage Online Today: 9    Total Posts: 96859

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Discussion] [Solved] I can't play VCO

[Copy link] 3/255

Posted on 2020-08-16 19:30:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

I was thinking to return to play VCO, but  I can't loggin, I can't update the game, always show an error, like .Ini files, server off, choose another update... I wanna play just for nostalgic moments ( I played VCO until 2007)
If anyone show the right way to download and update please, answer me. 
Thx

Signature
Posted on 2020-08-16 22:24:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you have not played since 2007 you definitely have to re-download the game (no version will update older than version 1.34 (May 2018)

1) Delete any old vco files manually/ by hand... no removal program will remove vco files.
2) run a cleaner and fragment checker... so you have a clean start

Make sure you can have administrator privileges on your computer. (ie you must be able to right click the game start up link, and click run as administer)

I am not 100% certain that you have to down load the game as administer, but you definitely have to start/run the game as administer EVERY TIME.
(set up a desktop icon to always run the game as administer)
The game will not update if you are not running as administer.

"Fix" has never worked and never will - don't try it or you may have to re-clear your files and down load again.

to quote another player:
 Doesn't matter if you are the only user (on a computer), still you need to right click on the client after the download is complete and run as admin. Do not click the option to run the client automatically after the download tool is done.

-----------------------------

if you have not played your account in the last 6 months be sure to re-activate your account.
http://www.vc.igg.com/event/reactivate/index.php

----------------------------

In the recent past we also had problems with the auto updater skipping a file of the update - I do not know if that is still happening..... check the version (number) that you downloaded / that the system actually gave you!!

If you have done a download recently you may need to do the updates/patches manually.

if your game version is older than the 0.134 version (May 2018);
I would suggest a full removal of the game (manually - delete vco files by hand -  as no removal program works... then clean your drive and files so all partial files are removed).

If the auto update did not work (it was not installing all the patches in the recent past)

Look carefully at what version installed... yes this can change and it depends which download you click.

We are currently using version 0.141
(voyage_EN_US_117:0.141)
the main download only gives version 0.137

Download page: http://vc.igg.com/download/client.php

If you get 0.137 then you need these 2 patches (install 1.37-1.40 then install 1.40-1.41)

and yes that is a typo that IGG does not seem to want to fix  it should be versions 0.137-0.140 and 0.140-0.141... sigh

if 0.134 installed you need the patches in the order below

make sure the patches go to the correct directory and you download them in the correct order... yes we have had reports of incorrect order causing problems.

- ele

---------------------------------------------------------------

ps. just so you are not shocked; the game is almost totally different than it was in 2007.
the cities are still there plus a few more. Instead of the game being crafting and quest line driven... its now more grinding of instances or daily quests... And above lvl 150 you HAVE to start playing with other players/guild-mates in order to get the kills.

You will definitely need to start a new character.  An old character would level too slow and you need to do the beginner quest line to get the free uniforms, weapons etc..

Read the suggestions at the beginning of.. and follow the guide
New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

PPS.  we only have 3 servers now.
1.  Columbus
2.  Magellan & Marco Polo [Most Populated server]
3.  Zheng He (DaGama and James Cook got merged onto Zheng He) [Least Populated server]
"Battle server" is an event server that people are automatically transferred to during event times (from a queue)
-ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-08-17 10:24:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Good, don't

Signature
Posted on 2020-08-17 17:50:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

i'm playing now, thx

Signature