Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96563

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Discussion] Wanted; Cave of Flames and Hydra guide

[Copy link] 4/276

Posted on 2020-07-26 05:56:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi there
As title say... Why we don't have any Hydra guide with more info about spawn time, gear recomendation, posible drops ect...
Cheers

Signature
Player from ages ago
Posted on 2020-07-26 14:32:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

I have only gone to kill it a few times and it was in the distant past... so anyone who has info in the subject feel free to post.

When I went I was with a group and was told to stand back and shoot with out using one of the shooting skills (wounding shot?? i seriously don't remember) so as not to get the aggro.
Nor do I remember what the drops were other than the Hydra head belief.

so any help is appreciated.

- Ele

*edit July 27, 2020*
I looked through all the hydra posts here in the forum...
all I could find was 1 post that suggested 300 DR and a "bit" of hp for the tank with a AB healer and another player added; "might as well go full tank and throw in some parry as well".
Though the post is from July 2015 .. so I have no way of knowing if the stats of they hydra have been changed since then.

Signature
Posted on 2020-07-26 18:32:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hydra drops Rainbow Crystals, Imperial Gold, Consortia War Harbor Awards, timed heads and has a chance of dropping an unlimited one (once a month maybe if you're killing it with double drop card every day).

It's extremely hard to kill cause it has instant kill debuffs that hit trough freezing skills, but the good thing is that it doesn't heal when you die, so you can just run back and continue killing it.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2020-07-27 16:40:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

So there is no way to avoid this instant kill debuff even with freez? Should I need to be in higher gear then 155 and what is the spawn time?

Signature
Player from ages ago
Posted on 2020-07-28 01:29:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

The real tips and tricks: and is say this because this is the key to kill it even when weak and can see the drop yourself

Enter in the cave of flames
If you remember 125 130 instance, before vircra were 3 bosses , at the bone fire. On the left side , facing towards hydra, you can see a ramp going up. On that ramp st the bottom it is a sweet spot, as soon as it starts ascending. Open pet , and put it to stay foot. You will sacrifice it.
Go to hydra while say farewell to your pet. Aggro with gun and drag towards exit. Keep distance and while she run towards you she will turn to 1 shot pet and hopefully it will get stuck on the way back to her original place at the sweet spot bottom of ramp. I say hopefully because that sweet spot is hard to get.
Prepare to die couple of time and prepare your pets to die even more. Don t forget they loose fealty, but that s the price you pat for the hydra.
After it is stuck just hit from distance with gun . And it will slowly die depending on your strenght. You don t need to worry other people will come kill you because this is not 2010 and even the permanent are wuite bad for this version.
The best is the res one db and arack, then blue bcs of parry for gt and last yellow so you are happy it isn t timed.

If you get all 3, it s your chance to ruin everything. You can combine them and get one with all the passive effects but has DR, which mehhh.
Anyway congratz, you probably been killing it for 2 months if you have the combined one, and now you see everyone has 35 stats belief or stun hydra. Also you realised waking during night for 2 months made you drink more coffe and your girlfriend thinks you are watching the thingie dingie during night.

Anyway, you can sell 20 bucks worth of im and buy it combined or even better from another player

Ps once i have time to open laptop i can better ilustrate with photos or if you play on magellan i can pm you and show the surrounding and get first place tickets

Ps this are not bugs or exploits, it is just the way around this game . You ll never be able to do somethinf at a decent level once you no longer need it.

Signature
If you really want something, you gotta do everything in your power to achieve it and if that is not enough , then you gotta do what is required.