Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 96738

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Discussion] [solved] Can't login to the game after years of not playing.

[Copy link] 8/552

Posted on 2020-06-30 14:04:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello,

I played Voyage Century Online years ago. Now, struck by nostalgia, I'd like to play again.
I couldn't remember my password, so I changed it on IGG.com and now can login on the VCO site, but I can't login to the game.
I am quite sure I was on the Magellan Server but I get a message saying "inexistant account or wrong password".
I tried on the other 2 servers and got the same error message.

What can I do to get in the game?

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-30 14:21:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

you have to re-activate any account that has not been played in over 6 months....
http://www.vc.igg.com/event/reactivate/index.php

and then realize that any character older than about 4 yrs probably should not be played anyway.

New characters get free level 10 ships and then a lvl 11 raider in the beginner 3 quests..
they get special potions and timed ship auxiliaries not to mention you get free uniforms hats and weapons up to level 140 which is now the starting level.

All uniforms are now upgraded at a npc so you either have to buy 140 gear at Seville or do the quests to get the free gear.

and leveling the old characters takes forever... the beginner quest line takes you to 143 or so..

Please follow the beginner quest line guide for hints and the correct words and meanings of the npcs... there are a few places that can go wrong if you do not follow the guide.

New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-30 14:22:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you for the quick answer!

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-30 16:28:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

I checked. My characters are lvl 50 or so, with a lot of playtime back in the day. And you tell me the beginner quests lead us to lvl 143?
The levelling was made extremely faster since then...

Signature
Posted on 2020-07-01 12:23:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

yep a lot has changed.

Max now is profession level 170 with all old skills at 120

In the old days it was about discovering new things (blacked out maps, actual discoveries, and trying new things with the 3 "alliance npc's quests) Uniforms were barehand or seabattle based...

Now its about doing instances, getting the drops to upgrade equipment and max out all the pluses and maybe do a few daily quests to keep your guild in good standing. And as a lower player doing trade trend runs to get Trade point cards to get refines at TPC exchanger in Barcelona.

and now uniforms are profession based... so you need to be 140, 145, 148, 150, 155, 160, 165, 170
and to make it even more depressing there are some profession levels that have multiple levels of uniforms.
Be sure to use Truncheon of king from tiger totem npc to skip a few of those levels (go from 140 to 148).

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-07-03 08:52:47 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hum...

Discoveries was the heart of the game. It was what appealed to me. Something that made this game unique.
I'm sad to read that the heart of the game has changed...
What about crafting, farming, trading?

Signature
Posted on 2020-07-03 13:10:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

The Game Developers tried to give the game a sense of history / time passing.  The Game started with a blacked out map and you discovered all the countries and cities (in a way making your own map)
Later one of the big updates took away the black because now all the countries had been discovered... then they introduced The Americas.... later they in other big updates they introduced cities in Eastern North America (kinda like how it was colonized in real life).  They also introduced Atlantis/ Bimini (ok not real life) and North Islands in that "history" and comically over sized glowing weapons... but they had to try to compete with other similar game of the times.

Now as to the skills:

crafting - not really needed anymore as said above; maybe a freeze helmet or a level 13, 14 figurehead.....

But you will need materials!

If you can spend 5,000 IM  a month or more than you may not need your own characters to collect them but I think most people have 1 character for fishing, 1 for mining, 1 for logging, 1 for planting... maybe 2 for mining as that amount of ore needed gets crazy ..... and storage for all the items you collect takes a lot of precious space, so having each character collect 1 item type helps keep it to one warehouse full.

Farming - only need cotton cloth as uniforms are not crafted any more
maybe a little bit of linen and jute (plant) kept in the bank for doing the London daily quest, since collecting it every day is a bit annoying.

Trading - there never has been much trading between players except for people selling Item mall items or stuff from events or instances that they have leveled above and no longer need.

There is however Trend trading which you will want to do as a new player so you can exchange the Trade point cards you get for refines in Barcelona.
Also make sure you do the free lunch (sign in and sign out) on Sundays to get the free trade points.... and start stockpiling the other items for use at higher levels.

see the guide on trade trends if you do not remember what it is....
you will also need the trader goods and ports guide

- Ele

ps if you can leave your characters online while at work or sleep and get the voyage vouchers... and get the refines from that voyage voucher exchanger in Seville as well.

Signature
Posted on 2020-08-14 20:05:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

Funny I have the same problem can login to my account but it isnt even listed to reactivate, probably last played almost 10 years ago, was hoping to get back into it

Signature
Posted on 2020-08-15 05:27:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

you say you can log into your account....

there are 2 different log-ins; one for IGG and one for the game (VCO) that use the same names and passwords but they do not share the logging in site wise...

So if you can access your account on the IGG pages you can try checking what pc games you are still associated with.
try this address/link:
https://passport.igg.com/account/actigame.php

most games igg has are phone games now... only 3 pc and 3 browser games left at this point so you may not see any games you played in the past.

A character 10 yrs old wouldn't be worth trying to play anyway...
just create a new character either on your old account or make a new one with a new email...

new characters get lots of free stuff to help them advance to 140+ fast as now beginning player level is 140 gear....
read and follow the beginner quest line guide for more info
it only takes a day or 2 to get to level 140+.

New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

- ele

Signature