Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96577

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] palenque guide wanted, bumping threads, guides

[Copy link] 5/385

Posted on 2020-06-24 12:25:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

im seeing some useless threads being bumped, but most things are really easy go get in game.

we want real info and good guide's(at least me) so can please someone make it about palenq? all the things that you supposed to do and what not. Also advice to high lvl and low lvl players what is best to help the team.

i also want decent posts as a repost. if you can't do that? just don't post:O

greetings,

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-24 12:36:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

what ? omegalul

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-24 13:18:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you want a guide about Palenque please make one or at least post what you know about it.

Most players do not want to share the info because they would lose their advantage.

And, then there usually there are so many little things involved in describing situations that it makes a really long guide and then everyone complains its to long to read anyway.

that's why we do not have guides for any of the top instances.

-------------------
 as for re-posts  ie. bumped threads...

*EDIT* (added)
The 3 blue titled posts... those will always be bumped everyday. Technically they should be pinned to the top but moderators can not pin anything on that first main page (we can in the other sections - but nobody reads by sections)... and we need newcomers to be able to see those posts immediately.
-end edit -

the latest bump I did, was a guide that I added extra posts/pages to.... can't do a thing about that.... the system bumps a thread when you add a post.

the last 2 sets of bumps prior to that;
if a player reports a problem that is vague or a bit different from what I remember... i research the problem by finding old threads on the same subject,

if there is a lot of info and details to sift through I bump the threads, and LOCK them so that I can read and re-read the posts as I try to fully understand the problem.

This keeps the threads on one page for my easy access instead of me re-trying to find 4 or 5 threads spread through 2+ years of posts.

if this is really a bother to you;
1) just look at the titles.. they are all on the same subject and they are all grouped together with no other threads between them
2) they are locked threads
3) look a the post dates! under the thread title it shows the first and last post dates!

I will also try to remember to re name the threads so it is more obvious they are on the same subject and try to remember to lock them as soon as I bump them.

I will also try to remember to ; put links to the similar locked threads in the newest post... and then bump to the bottom the locked threads. WHEN I am done with what ever work i am doing...

I will leave a bumped thread up if i refer to it (in my reply)  when answering a persons question.
as in read post 3 in xxx thread..

--------------------

as for guides and updating them:

generally I update my own guides if I need to refer to them.
so yes, recently I started back mining and logging long term so I updated guides I wrote.

but also lately all the pictures on DSOFA's guides are missing ever since tiny pic shut down.... so If I use one of his guides enough.... I get frustrated and start updating it for him.
Usually I just remove the broken picture images so the written words can be more easily read.

But in the case of the beliefs I needed the stats information (and there was NO written info on stats) so I took the time to replace all the pictures.

-----------------------------------------------------

there are only about 0-3 new posts per day..... so I'm not really sure what the complaint is about.... back during the first years of the game there were literally pages of new posts every day...
I use to read the forum for 1 hour everyday and not finish.

------------------------------------------------------

To make reading the days posts fast and easy:

If you look at the forum daily just read the ones that say "new"

and then for the next few posts look at the last reply date... and decide if you need to read that thread.

to get to the latest post on a multiple page thread:
 1)click the end button to get to the top of the last page of the thread:

then click the down arrow to get to the bottom of the post:

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-24 13:45:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

A few of my ideas;

The most important point here is use chat I guess. Cause if you talk with your team, you can decide all of thing together.

Everyone wants to do palenque's quests, but win is most important of them. So dont go to the boss in start of game. If you try to get a flag, this is more useful to win. When you made a difference then you can go to do quest that hit to boss.

Everyone knows connection between flag and boss. If your team have more flag than other team, you can hit to their boss.

I guess 2 hitter is enough for the boss for first 10 minutes of game. Cause while others are trying to get flag, hitters can hit to boss. 

When pakal spawn, use chat for who at pakal , who at boss , about lose or win pakal.

If you are losing pakal, open the map. And look map that "where is pakal?". Then go to flag on not between pakal and boss. Cause when pakal died, enemies will use that road.

if you are getting pakal, type "go to the boss" in the chat when pakal has half or quarter HP.

For low players;  
+ if you want to kill a enemy, you should go base of enemy. If you are lucky, you can meet afk lows :)
+ if you need to win that is important, try to get flag. I think 70hp flag is best for lows. Cause strongs accounts usually try to get other flags. When you are hitting the boss, dont use Power Slash.(I dont know other skills for other characters.)

+ When you hit to the boss for quest, try to hide from losers of your enemy. Yes "losers" , cause low accounts can't hit much to boss. Let it to hit. Also maybe it might be spy for losers. :D 

For strongs;

+ They know everything. Just have to use chat :) 

Hope this guide can help for those who do not know.

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-25 00:43:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Since the "everything we have on it" is locked, let me add some things here also.

Not only Power Slash bugs the bosses - everything that reduces their def stats - TH skill that reduces DR, hydra heads and so on.

The freeze at 1 hour mark only happens at Saturday during  09:00  - 11:00 EST (14:00 - 16:00 GMT).   To avoid that just either dont entry at all during that time and wait for the next one, or pay attention to the time and stop before the freeze happens.

Tip from me, ALWAYS have backup client open and rdy to login. Since palenque seems to bring a whole new batch of login problems, sometimes it helps to login from a new client when you have issues!

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-25 14:46:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

On not being able to log back in after Palenque

I have read back through a lot of threads so here is my working theory:

Palenque Schedule

SaturdaySunday 
09:00  - 11:00 EST
(14:00 - 16:00 GMT)

14:00  - 17:00 EST
(19:00 - 21:00 GMT)

19:00 - 21:00 EST
(00:00 - 02:00 GMT)
09:00  - 11:00 EST
(14:00 - 16:00 GMT)

14:00  - 17:00 EST
(19:00 - 21:00 GMT)

19:00 - 21:00 EST
(00:00 - 02:00 GMT)

95% report it happening the first Saturday time slot.
However the problem also occurred Sunday in the first time slot back in March and April.
there were no reports when Columbus server could not participate last weekend.

Why??

Just look at the times the event takes place for players in Europe!
And then think about what percentage of our player base is in Europe.

As I have said before... there is a queuing system to get into the event but not one to get out...which makes no sense.

Obviously the volume of players trying to log back into the regular servers is PART of the problem. (programming and memory space could be others)

There is only ONE log in server (all 3 log in servers listed at start up have the same address).  The log in server just can not handle 50? people trying to log in and out at once.

Since we can pretty much assume it will never be fixed....
(no way IGG will reprogram the event to properly cue out of the event..)

again I just suggest everyone play in the 2nd and 3rd event times.
If you HAVE to play in the first time slot...only play within the first 50 minutes then STOP.

and I'll add palm987's suggestion:
ALWAYS have backup client open and ready to login. Since Palenque seems to bring a whole new batch of login problems, sometimes it helps to login from a new client when you have issues!

- Ele

Signature