Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96786

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Discussion] Complete guide for returning players?

[Copy link] 2/253

Posted on 2020-06-19 18:40:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

I lost my internet connection in 2014 and left the game. Now 6 years later I'm trying to remember how everything works so I can play again. Is there any one comprehensive and specific "return to game" guide or do I just page through all the different guides?  I don't wanna be a pain in game asking all sorts of questions. I know I bugged Cindis alot in the past with queries, bless her heart. Thanks all. Hope to be back and have fun again.

Captain_Sawyer  (Signed up 2007)

Signature
Posted on 2020-06-19 19:31:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

Welcome back!

We don't have comprehensive guides for returning players. That's what guilds are for in game! Find a good guild and they will guide you trough.

Best guide for newbies we have is this one:
2016 - New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

In short, start the game doing the newbie storyline, following the guide. That will eventually lead you to free level 140 gear which is where your adventure will start.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2020-06-20 11:47:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

After you do the beginner quest line and knights vigil 120 and knights vigil 140... by then you should be in a guild...(since you have not played since 2014 I suggest starting a new character unless your old one was maxed so you get all the free stuff and take less chances with your account bugging due to all the updates)

The game is pretty much set up now so you have to do both grinding alone and do instances for drops with a group.

So be sure to join a guild that is active the hours that you play.
They will be able to answer the higher level questions and to take you through and show you how to do the instances.

(Bimini and North island quest lines still work but you will be unable to turn in the card quests for the materials... so you will need to level with others)

- ele

Signature