Captain Jack is very sad about the state of the game, his crew is always to drunk to stay safe on the ship.
they cant even do the most easy tasks and have no fun anymore to be pirates as part of the IGG crew.
Captain jacks conclusion: is to get his Ship and Crew to a new ownership under Snailgame to feel like pirates again.
what do u think about it FoK?
Snail took over the account database and stuff that is true. BUT!
- They did it so bad that it was freaking easy to took over other accounts and steal all the entire account.
- A GM sold ingame bugs to other players for real money.
- Also please remember that they closed the forum because they wanted to get rid of all the hate against snail.
- No working client. You need to fix it yourself.
- No functional website.
- Very bad translation
- Time based events so if you can't play in these 2 hours you don't get DD for example.
- Ridiculous itemshop / top up events.
- Support is not responding.
- Servers are empty and dominated by grumpy old people that just hang there around because they invested to much many and can't sell it anymore. (Atleast the three that I checked few months ago.)
I really don't understand why people want to play under snail. Atleast you have a forum to complain. Snail gives a harder sht about the players like IGG do.
And yes. VCO went also garbage
The above post post is Very misleading and uninformed.
There were some accounts stolen during the transfer from frogster, but ONLY from accounts that failed to properly transfer per Snails instructions and also posted on the forum so that people had access to the account names. Snail also eventually restored all of these accounts and spent the next year helping people that came in late to the transfer get their accounts properly restored as well.
There was major GM Abuse on Calypso, and to a lesser extent on Polarstern.
Sonnenwind, Nordlicht, and Mary Read Servers are free from GM aided accounts and equipment, although you do have to fight that stuff in BG's
The Forum was closed because it got hacked, 2x and they just did not want to maintain it, not because of user complaints, they did no moderation to speak of, unlike VCO..........
Website works, it is just unfinished. Same translation VCO has, events work 100% of the time, TZ's are what they are, its a European prime time game, besides DDC's are always available.
IM events are amazing, and cheap for a game like this, you can only buy a car for what it takes to reach the top on BBO, not a nice 4 bedroom house like on VCO.
Support fixes all the problems that are actually problems, but if you are an idiot, they don't fix stupid.
As for server population, we have 3+ Planeques running for the first hour 2 to 3 for the second, its only hard to get invites once you hit the final hour(4th). The perception is mostly because the community is not like VCO's and the market doesn't take place in the open. There are many people playing.
Of everything above, the only legitimate criticism is the issue with the patch base and I have no idea why Snail doesn't fix that, that is a legitimate concern.
It isn't perfect, but things work.