Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96786

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Discussion] [Da gama & James Cook] merged but deleted server name?

[Copy link] 3/270

Posted on 2020-05-05 09:27:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

hello vco community,
Sadly i have to point out a mistake that IGG did few months ago. As many of you know, Da gama & James Cook was merged with Zheng He server. That was expected ok.

However deleting Da gama & James Cook server name entirely after a merge doesn't sound right. Like it never existed. Many of us (friends or enemies) met each other in Da gama & James Cook, and we are still in contact with each other and we owe it to IGG. Even some of us met in this server and got married in real life! People had great times! This should not be taken away.

So basicly, i'm asking help to fix this issue from VCO community. i believe Da gama & James Cook server name should be still visible on log-in screen.

Kind Regards,
Korsy out!

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-05 13:06:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

IMHO

If you look at the log in screen... its probably just the fact there is not enough space on the server select button to put all the server names.

Adding space would mean a WHOLE lot of programming #sarcasm that would have to be re-loaded  every time a new version is uploaded.

Though I do agree it would be nice for returning players to be able to tell where Dagama & Cook server went... so they know which server to log into for old accounts.

(again IMHO)
but unfortunately for us, .... as I have said in the past IGG will not pay to put programmers on anything that isn't broken.... and even then sometimes still doesn't put a programmer on it unless IGG is losing a lot of money.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-05 17:16:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello Eleuthera?

thank you for your informative post.

assuming [Da gama & James Cook] fits inside the text field, i'm hoping a new server name can be fixed instead of just [Zheng He]. Since [James Cook] server was merged with [Da gama] before, possibly [Zheng He & Dagama JC] could be a solution (same number of letters so it should fit). ofc i'm not saying it should be, instead i'm just trying to suggest a way to fix this issue. Well i'm hoping you guys understand how frustrating this is.

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-05 23:11:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

they are probably leaving it as just Zheng He for the IGG employees.

Though it would make no difference to us players and actually might be helpful for returning players if IGG were to change the name .

(again IMHO)
keeping and using the shorter server name meant
1) only 1/2 the data had to be changed
2) the name Zheng He is shorter and easier to type
3) using 1 name probably helps to keep any any new IGG employees with no knowledge of the merge from getting confused when when looking up data or programming codes.

and as I said... it is not broken so do not be expecting it to get "fixed".

I am not sure how other companies handle merging servers and names...
only other game I played that servers merged the servers were numbered... and yeah my server number went away and it became some other server number.

- ele

Signature