Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96568

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Discussion] English Channel FPS problem

[Copy link] 6/272

Posted on 2020-05-02 05:26:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello all,

I came back to game last days and wanted to do a EC instance.

As soon as the ships arrive in my near I get massive FPS problems.
Is there any known issue about this? Meanwhile I have a new PC with better performance so I can't understand why I have such a problem. Never had this with my old PC and that thing was a bunch of garbage.
Drivers etc are all correct that can't be a problem in my opinion.

Maybe someone have a idea. Would be nice.

Greetings from Germany.

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-02 11:48:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

A lot of people are having lag and data issues... have been for months.

it will be VERY hard to tell if it is your computer set up problem or VCO problem
see below for list of FPS fix ideas you can try on your end...
but stuff to know:

recently they changed the servers which helped a little but not with everything.

about every 1 or 4 ships I board have no opposing sailors....
I have to just stand there and wit till my invisible sailors kill the other invisible sailors..
often I just stand there and do not move even though I clicked the ground 10 seconds+ ago.

Because you are in Europe time of day, day of week and if there is an event happening will make a huge difference.

Play in some other areas... see if problem is in all or just instance areas...

the only fix we have is to re-log until you get a better connection.
and maybe try using a VPN.
IGG probably will not do anything else.

yes we know most of the problems are from the game programming but the game is too old and population too small for IGG to put money into it.

- ele

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok, here is the synopsis I compiled from 4 similar posts;

1) Try checking your graphic card settings. Try messing up a little with anisotropic filtering and antaliasing. It might solve the problem.
Update your graphics card drivers..
Re-install them if u have the latest version.
Try updating your mouse driver if that doesn't work, try using a different mouse driver that is compatible.

2) Turn off Power saving mode.
easy i was opening the power saver mode which seemly use a low no. of cpu usage to save power and i was having a great lag on mouse moving when i changed to high performance in changed the lag to a little lag 6-10 FPS which is not bad

3) Try changing out the drivers to a stable build ( ATI drivers are 13.11 Beta 9)...."Right on. I tried 13.9 (stable) and kept the same problem, took the driver down to 13.4... and it works perfectly".
.."yea i try to stay clear of anything beta just for that reason"

see this thread for other attempted fixes: Mouse Movement causes frame drop

4)  We used to change it by editing the vidicon.ini (game file on your computer) by changing the MaxDistance option. Not sure if you can get that to work now since the file is encrypted

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-04 04:34:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

I will check this out. Thanks for the help :D

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-12 09:28:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

https://youtu.be/ALgI8O6NybY Still having ultra lag... Maybe someone have an idea :(

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-13 12:07:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

I fixed it! So if anyone have problems with massive FPS Drops playing the game on a windows 10 OS use following steps:

Start the "regedit" as admin

Go to: Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\System\GameConfigStore

change "GameDVR_Enabled" from 1 to 0.

-->

Than go to:

Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\PolicyManager\default\ApplicationManagement\AllowGameDVR

change "value" from 1 to 0.

-->

Close the "Regedit" and restart the PC. Everyone works now without FPS Drops (atleast for me). Have fun.

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-13 12:34:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

why is not lag in magellan??? i have played for 30 minutes in this server and some of my guld members too...and there you dont get lag ...

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-13 16:48:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

windows 10

registry editor

go to start > at top where the 3 horizontal lines are .. click and start tying "Registry...
it comes up after 3 or 4 key strokes.  (no there are no lines to fill and you do not see what you are typing)

-----------------------

definitely use cut and paste for the file locations ...lol i soooo can not type.

- Ele

ok i did this but did not reboot
and my first load I still had no portal to exit Athens and no npcs by the door so I ran to the guild manager area and back and it reloaded...
also articles and items were blank - reloded using button in interface

however surprisingly i have a green connection
edit*
after about 5 min of play it is turning red again but back to yellow faster than as of late...
but it is the middle of a week day...

but i did have a click the ground and not move for 2-3 seconds already.

so may or may not help with daily lag...

I will do further testing on this but need to leave the house soon

- Ele

Signature