Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96786

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Discussion] Client update problems

[Copy link] 3/334

Posted on 2020-05-01 08:27:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

Does anybody know how to properly update the client launcher?
All three servers that are available are giving me notification errors that they cannot update, which means i can't even start the game.

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-01 09:27:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

Add voyagecentury.exe to your Windows firewall exception list.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2020-05-01 13:09:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

The auto updater portion of the program does not work unless you start the game as admin.
(and as said above allow your firewall to load info from the site)

that being said... no one has confirmed this in the last 2 weeks but you also may be experiencing a problem if you uploaded the game recently:

The auto download updater has not been working correctly (even if you start as admin)... its not loading all the update files.
To update the game versions or reload if you have a damaged file you must go to the download page:
http://vc.igg.com/download/client.php

so depending on the version of the game you actually are given when downloading...
it will be one of the following 2

1)
THE KNOWN PROBLEM (since report on March 18, 2020)
The update file numbers are written incorrectly
and you MUST install both updates manually because auto update is not working correctly.

(actually we have heard 1.37-1.40 installs and it is 1.40-1.41 that does not get installed, when you start the game - as administer) so just install both manually to get into game faster.

you need 1.37-1.40 patch download 7 and 1.40-1.41 patch download 3
(notice the decimal point is in the wrong place for both files)

2)
*reported to my PM - April 18, 2020
A player has reported that the download version listed on the download page is incorrect.
Auto download now gives version 0.134
if this is true you can try starting the game (as administer) and see if all 5 patches upload....but I doubt it will work...
or
down load the 5 patches manually in the order numbered below

Install all 5 patches if it gives you version 0.134..... other wise you only need the top 2

Always Install, and Start/Run game as Administer or auto updates will not be installed.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-05-02 03:10:34 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thank you, manually updating the launcher fixed it :)

Signature