Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 96568

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] Weekly Community-Events

[Copy link] 5/365

Posted on 2020-04-28 09:11:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

Important Part [
Hello everyone!

Since we don't have many competetive events and I remember there were days when this forum had Karma-Events, I thought about hosting a weekly community Event. 

So before i work out my concept and post it here, I wanted to ask if there is even an interest from the player's.

About the Events:

They are for all players, everyone can participate.
Everyone has same chance to win, there should be no advantage, just because your char is stronger.
Prizes for winning: Mainly money (There will be a starting fee, all money goes to winner, i even have an idea how you all can be sure I dont scam you), Also eventually their will be non-money-prizes for little challenges

IF YOU DONT TRUST THE LINK, POST YOUR OPINION UNDER THIS!

Here is the Strawpoll for your vote:
https://www.strawpoll.me/19890352

If there are enough votes on yes or eventually, I will post my concept soon. After i posted you can give your input on it and we can improve my ideas. After that there will be a small test event (only on MMP). If this goes well i want to find trustworthy players on other server to host the events their aswell.

If you have questions just ask!

]

Not so important part:

Some may think now, why you wanna do this or it's not your job to give us events?

You are totally right, it's not my job! But VCO's state is similar to a sinking ship and i want to try everything in my might to slow it down! 

How we know this isn't a bullsh*t idea, you trowh in the bin after 2 weeks?
I play this game for many years now, and this game has something other games don't have for me. I dont know why, maybe i am just addicted, but i can play this game for years and not get bored and i think many of you feel the same. There are many reasons more why I want this game to be alive as long as possible, but i guess most people stopped reading already, so here take this picture and set your vote, thank you!

Signature
Posted on 2020-04-28 09:34:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

good point LumyBoy!!

i voted Yes and let's make something nice!

Signature
Posted on 2020-04-28 11:16:35 | Show thread starter's posts only

if you like, yes

Signature
Posted on 2020-04-28 13:21:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

As we have said before:

There is no way to hold an event in the forum and insure that no one is cheating.

i would give reasons but I dont want others to start searching and figuring out how to accomplish those reasons.

Anything involving real money should automatically be suspicious..
even if you hold the event at a 3rd party site... again how are you going to insure that someone doesn't vote or give opinion 2,3, 20 , 30 times?

so really the only event i have seen a player hold was a server thing...
was soooo long ago i think they gave TPC to winner... (traded player to player)
don't remember what the event was ... maybe trivia?

anything like sail racing will only depend on equipment...
kinda like pvp...

So definitely I'd first, run the ideas by a few seasoned players before attempting.. to have them figure out if they can see ways that others might cheat.

you can look at the "events" section of the forum and see what has been run in the past... but again most of those events can be cheated in.

and as I think about it any in game event that requires a first person to answer or first person there, may not be a good idea right now with all the lag we are having.

If you are thinking IGG will give out prizes... well you can forget that.
That is one of the main reasons we stopped forum events  see this post.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2020-04-28 14:23:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

I think either you didn't read my post carefully or you did't understand me right.

Firstly I am aware of the cheating problem and already have solutions for that, but that depends on the event type, also i stated in my post that EVERY player has the same chance of winning, even though some events it might get tricky to do so, i will try to find a way still...

Okay next thing eventually it's my fault that i wrote money, but with money i meant silver..-.

Alone your last sentence makes me really belief, that you didnt read my post...

"Prizes for winning: Mainly money (There will be a starting fee, all money goes to winner, i even have an idea how you all can be sure I dont scam you), Also eventually their will be non-money-prizes for little challenges"

it's called COMMUNITY event for a reason, the community holds it and so the community sets the prizes

But first lets see if players have interest on participating in such events and wanna give it a try, the test run is there to see if it works ...

Signature
Posted on 2020-04-29 03:35:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

He could stream it for example there are many ways not to cheat. Also I read it and never tought about real money. It is a good idea to get some life back you should support it. It is not official and every player is free to choice if he want to trust the event. You really should give it a try.

Signature