Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 94251

Total:#7

Create Thread

[Discussion] Game crashing while AFK.

[Copy link] 6/160

Posted on 2019-11-26 12:16:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hey guys, I'm not sure if there is any similar topic, but I couldn't find anything on the subject...

So, as the title is quite self explanatory, the game constantly crashes if I leave afk for more then 30 min or so (no matter how many clients are on and what are they doing- planting, mining or just looking pretty in sev dock)
I have no problem running the game and while playing- no issues what so ever.
Pls help out with an advice cause as we all know, VCO without AFK system is.....

Steps that I've taken to try and fix the issue:
- GPU 1-Driver is up to date
         2-Settings are fixed for high performance
- Control Panel- the game is always running on High-priority 
- Power management- I've fixed the power management for the HDD so it doesn't go to sleep
- Network adapter settings are fixed / power management , high performance- cable network instead of Wi-Fi
-I'm running win 10 therefore I tried with Compatibility mode/ win 8, win XP SP2.

So as u can see, I've tried every possible solution that I've found or I can think of....

Any ideas?

Any ideas?

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-26 13:55:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

i got same prolbem..

but after i reinstalled windows.  it no more crash now.

so suggest u  format and reinstall ur OS.

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-26 14:17:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

I use to get disconnected once in a while as well.

Are ALL characters getting disconnected?
All at the same time?

Try to pay attention to the time you are getting disconnected... is it the same time of day?
How long have you been on before you get DC?

I do not think providers are suppose to do this (but they do so they can provide faster service to customers)... but if I had left my game going for 12+ hrs I would get a service "burp" so small a person wouldn't notice but it would kick all of my characters offline.
However this was random (so I couldnt prove it was them)... sometimes I could play for 2-3 days non stop and not get DC. (it did not exclusively happen while I was AFK... but usually I was AFK)

I do not play as intensively anymore and I pay for a faster connection now so I haven't noticed it happening in the last 2+ years tho.

Also dont forget that every Tuesday is maintenance;
The time duration of maintenance can change so even if you get online during given hours, you have a pretty good chance of getting kicked off.

Last maintenance was from 2:00AM - 5:00AM EST (GMT-5) on Nov 26th

- ele

thinking about it.. i suppose you could use a mouse macro and set it up to check your warehouse (or some npc) every 5 min or just click the sky... that would tell if its some thing that looks at individual computer usage or if its net usage.

Signature
Winter Solstice Saturday December 21, 2019 / Hanukkah Begins Monday December 23, 2019 / Christmas Eve Tuesday December 24, 2019 / Kwanzaa and Boxing Day Thursday December 26, 2019
Posted on 2019-11-26 14:30:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

thanks for the quick answer guys.
 well all the chars are getting disconnected like 40-60 min after I go afk (I cannot bu sure, I'm just guessing by the amount of mats collected to be honest).
From what I can see, it all goes as one and it doesn't matter for how long the accounts were running, I can just start the client, set the alt and go afk, after I come back all have DCed. It doesnt happens at the same time of the day or anything, like I said, if I'm infront of the PC and doing smth, the game is running in the background and all is working just fine..... the main thing is that I've already turned the Energy efficiency settings off, so it buggs me like crasy...
Yeah, I understand it to happen from time to time or if the clients have been running for quite some time, but its not related.
I keep an eye for the maintenance time :P I hate going to Salinas for Seeds all the time :P

Thx for the advice KillMe, but I'm trying to keep that as last option, to be honest :D

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-26 22:31:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Download Autoit3, make a simple script which moves your mouse randomly around the screen. Run it when you go afk and see if it disconnects you then.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2019-11-27 03:41:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

When friends had such problems and sometimes some windows with the game were turned off. Helped to increase the swap file.

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-29 04:32:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hey guys, thank you again for the responses. I took my time to check some of the solutions before I post an update of the situation.

So, after I've decided and reinstalled Windows again, I figured the issue....
I'm playing on a laptop and I have 2x GPU- integrated Intel and High Performance Nvidia.
So, the DC problems occur only when using the Nvidia GPU to run the game.
After extensive checks on the end I released that after some time of staying afk, the Nvidia Autokickout, kicks in and disconnects the game...

The only solution that I've found to this issues is what DSofa has suggested- running some sort of auto clicker or something to fool Nvidia that you are not afk ....
Right now I'm testing the solution and in a few days I'm thinking to post an update to make you aware if that is actually working...
Cheers!

P.S. well, the DSofa suggestion was a bit too complicated for me :D so I've found a different idea:
http://www.analogx.com/contents/download/System/autotab/Freeware.htm - basically that is a small program that AutoTabs between windows at a set period of time- easy to install and easy to run. the only downside of it is that cannot really switch between your clients so u have to make sure u have something more open (calculator, Windows manager, something like that ) I've tested it for the last hour or so and there was no DC so far, I suppose that it will work for extended period of time as well after the app triggers a constant loop.

Signature