Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 94251

Total:#11

Create Thread

[Discussion] Server merge November 26? 27? 28??? ( Zheng+ DaGama) questions

Close [Copy link] 10/655

Posted on 2019-11-26 03:15:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

I understand that we should cooperate and login to test server to check and inform any bugs found on our chars , without picking any items.
After checking , can we still play normally and pick up things, make promotoes,  untill actual merge on our servers , Zheng or columbus, or is risky?
Is the test server another client ?
Would some1 with experience from another merge advise us not to make any major changes and keep low on changes during this period of time?
Thank you!

-----------------------------------------------
Just to note in announcement FOK says DO NOT PICK ANYTHING UP!!  (ie do not play normally)
switch back to regular servers to play normally.

READ UP TO POST #5 - I highly suggest your do what is in post 5 at least for your main characters!

- Ele

Signature
If you really want something, you gotta do everything in your power to achieve it and if that is not enough , then you gotta do what is required.
Posted on 2019-11-26 04:38:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

The merge is zeng whit Dagama  and frankly those are some good questions.
PLus to top  that fok never answer the previous thread questions :4 character limit? Can we transfer more than 4 characters using credits/IM? all we have is players guessing nothing official

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-26 05:09:29 | Show thread starter's posts only

As of  15:30 EST (18:30 GMT) November 27

... there is not a single additional word from FOK talking about the merge here in the public forum OR in the moderators section.

so here's what I can tell you from experience;

1) you can always transfer characters to other servers for IM;
If you want to transfer any time you want, then you need to send a ticket to Service Center and you have to ask them to transfer your character on the next maintenance. You will have to pay 1000 IM Points (not Credits) for this transfer (they will tell you what item to buy to equal 1,000 IM points).
*I know you asked about credits... my educated guess would be no credit transfer because they would not set up a special transfer session when Columbus server had all those problems... and we will most likely have credit transfer event AFTER the official full server merge.  Reference thread here

2) Test server will most likely be set up exactly like the test servers we use for updates.
you will have to
a) make a copy of the Voyage Century Online file
b) copy paste a few changes (fok will have to post a file for us to copy) to one of the VC files
c) to be able to use the new file; rename the old Voyage Century Online file to a name like;
xxVoyage Century Online so that it will not be read - and - not be affected by the testing.
c1) rename the new file as Voyage Century Online
d) you will not be able to access the regular servers while you are using the test server (but you can easily re-re name the files to get back into the regular servers)
(At start of game only test server will show in the choose a server screen)

3) there is a 4 character limit for each account on EVERY server.
The NEW Zheng server will only let you have 4 characters per account.

(yes copy paste from another post from me)
Re; 4 character limit

I highly doubt IGG is going to go through and match every accounts IP with a single person and then choose only 4 characters out of the multi accounts to merge.

Most likely FOK means the limit per account.

Every account has a 4 character limit PER SERVER;
so .. the new server... NEW ZhengHe.... will only let you have a total of 4 characters per account.

(character slots numbered in order of creation in this picture)

So IF you have more than a total of 4 characters from both merging servers, on one account... the system will end up deleting one. (ie if you have 5,6,7, or 8 characters total between Zheng and DaGama servers on one account, your "extra" characters will disappear during merge ).

**according to this post the characters that will disappear will be the ones with the least time of game play and fewest coins.

There is no way around this.  Unless you pay to move a character to Columbus or MMP ahead of time.

So decide which are your most unneeded characters - out of the total of 8 possible - and delete them or pay to transfer them to Columbus or MMP.
(Don't forget to take any coin or wanted items off of them!)

Most people do not have that many characters on one account anyway for the ease of trading between characters.

-------------

I would further caution anyone with characters on both servers;

we know that during regular server transfer if you have a character in (for instance) slot 2 on the server you are transferring INTO AND the character you are transferring is in slot 2 on the server you are transferring FROM... the transferred character will replace the character that was already there.

HOPEFULLY they have fixed this before they do any merging... and this is probably one reason why FOK needs to do a test server.  (and to see if the new code messes up any tasks/quests, and to see how the colonies will be affected and.....).

- Ele

------------------
what Fok has said:

merge zhenghe and dagama first.
then the test server will available for the players.
the dagama and zhenghe player can log on the test server to check the data of your char in the test server.
and if u find any data error ,please inform us ASAP.
1. Normal harbor occupied cities will be cleared.
2. All guild buildings in the DAGAMA server will be retained in the new ZHENGHE server.
3. Players are labeled with "XX" in front of their player names if they are eligible for a free chance to change their player names once.
4. The new ZHENGHE server will retain the data of 4 characters with the longest play duration. Players are advised to prepare the transferring of characters with the least gameplay duration and Silver Coins and delete unwanted characters to prevent the loss of the character(s) players wish to keep.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Merge Server Test

Nov 25, 2019

Dear Captains:

As we would be merging the ZHENGHE and DAGAMA servers, we need your participation in this server test.

On November 26, neccessary preparations would be made for the merging of servers. During this time, players of both servers are to log in to the test server to check if their characters are functioning normally (except for other data such as Guild or Base data. Due to technical reasons, we are unable to guarantee if the data would function normally. We hereby apologize for this).

If there are any bugs found in your character, please inform us no later than December 1.

Note: Do not collect any items in the test server.

Download link of the test server file?   available soon

If you do not know how to log in to the test server, please seek help from other players in the forums.

-------------------------------------------------------

now just how the F*&k we are suppose to test our characters with out picking anything up??

sigh.

Signature
Winter Solstice Saturday December 21, 2019 / Hanukkah Begins Monday December 23, 2019 / Christmas Eve Tuesday December 24, 2019 / Kwanzaa and Boxing Day Thursday December 26, 2019
Posted on 2019-11-26 05:52:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

Unfortunately the extra code to be able to access the test server is not up yet and I MUST go to sleep I have to work "today"....

**EDIT**
ok now I have to go to work and the file is still not added to the the post on the news page
Merge Server Test

**Edit 2**
ok now I'm back home about to go to bed...still no file added to news article.

**Edit 3
Been again to work and now goin' to bed...
OMG  FOK when are you going to post the file!!!

------------

the file you will have to modify is ;  Voyage Century Online   
the file is usually found at;

C:\Program Files (x86)\Voyage Century Online

READ POST BELOW BEFORE YOU MODIFY YOUR FILES

- Ele
05:50 EST (10:50 GMT) November 26th
15:10 EST (20:10 GMT) November 26th
02:50 EST (07:50 GMT) November 27th
15:30 EST (20:30 GMT) November 27th
07:00 EST (12:00 GMT) November 28th

Signature
Winter Solstice Saturday December 21, 2019 / Hanukkah Begins Monday December 23, 2019 / Christmas Eve Tuesday December 24, 2019 / Kwanzaa and Boxing Day Thursday December 26, 2019
Posted on 2019-11-26 09:07:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

i would suggest to take SS of everything you can think off(char, items, WH, Bank etc) and renew it on every change. Its time consuming but better safe than sorry. IGG has a history of not beleiving anything you lost even with SS so imagine without

-----------------
Note for newer players:
Voyage Century has a Screen shot file.  All you have to do is press the print screen button while the game screen is on the top (suggest not having other apps or multiple game screens open as color problems happen).
Screen shots appear in file "screen shot";  C:\Program Files (x86)\Voyage Century Online\ScreenShot

- Ele
hopefully you are not as bad as me and have 1,200+ screen shots in there.

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-27 04:39:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

So 5 days to test this whitout any test server.The limit of 1th December is getting close and we have no test server yet fun.

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-27 14:57:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Another caution to DaGama and ZhengHe players;

If you have anything in your warehouse pull down menu other than Free lunch items ... when full/permanent Merge happens; you will probably loose the item for good.

Be sure to at least "settle prize taking" so that the Item mall items, boxes, or rewards are linked to a character or they will most likely be lost during full/permanent merge!!

We know during regular transfer, these are lost because they are sent to a server not an account!!  So it's highly likely the same will happen with new server.

(from experience I know you can pull down free lunch items in a test server... so new server should(?) work as well... free lunch items are linked to account not server)

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-28 04:37:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

so again we are 2 days away from 1th of december and no test server...Happy 

Thanksgiving Day

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-28 07:05:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

Funofking is totally forgetting that Thanksgiving in the USA is like a small golden week... when most Americans go visit their families... and interact with family members not computers....
only the kids get to go hide in their rooms and play....

A lot of people are going to be Pissed off after maintenance Tuesday when they find the servers merged and their characters missing.

sigh

------------------------------

16:00 EST (2100 GMT) November 28th - still no file

Signature
Posted on 2019-11-29 02:24:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

so i guess if there  is no test server everything  went smooth?

Signature