Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 98671

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Discussion] REALLY FOK (maintenance started rather late)

[Copy link] 2/878

Posted on 2019-04-23 04:21:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

You announce a maintance and than 2 hours later no maintance, so i send my planters back to work and 5 min later I see all logged out and no servers on. Work on your fuckin work ethic and start take your job serious. Now i can waste my time drive to Salinas gather new seeds, just because you cant get your ass up and do the maintance when its time.

------------------------

added descriptor in thread title so I can find it later  - Ele

Signature
Posted on 2019-04-23 04:24:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Same  things to me xD

Signature
Posted on 2019-04-23 13:33:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

They give themselves a pretty big window for maintenance so that they are "covered" for our losses.  For 6 hours they can mess with he system and claim innocence.

More than likely tech was not going to do it... but Fok may have told them they had to.

-------------------current announcement below ----------------
Weekly Server Maintenance on Apr 23rd

Apr 22, 2019

We will be bringing all the servers down for our weekly maintenance from 2:00AM - 8:00AM EST (GMT-5) on Apr 23rd

- Ele

ps if you look at the really old announcements they use to only have 3 hours .. and the start time changed sometimes but it was pretty much only 3 hours until November 2018 when it changed to 6 hours.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------history of maintenance hours changes ----------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2:00 to 5:00 am Apr,22th Weekly Maintenance

Apr 22, 2008

All servers will be brought down on Apr,22th from 2:00am EST (GMT-5)to 5:00am EST(GMT-5) for weekly maintenance.We expect the realms to be down for approximately three hours.

All players should make preparations for the maintenance and log off intime. The official will not bear the responsibility for losing items or any important personal data if you don log off in time. We appreciate your patience in this matter. See you in game!

3:00 to 6:00 am Sep,23th Weekly Maintenance

Sep 22, 2008

It went to 4 hours initially when the AO team took over maintenance July 2017
(IDK if they continued to do it after that point or not)
Weekly Server Maintenance on July 6th

Jul 5, 2017

We will be bringing all the servers down for our weekly maintenance from 1:00AM - 5:00AM EST (GMT-5) on July 6th. 

The Angels Online Team
IGG

then went back to 3 hours for a few months ...

Weekly Server Maintenance on July 24th

Jul 23, 2018

We will be bringing all the servers down for our weekly maintenance from 2:00AM - 5:00AM EST (GMT-5) on July 24th

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
but Last November they started giving themselves 6 hours for maintenance.
(this ROUGHLY corresponds with the decline in Fok visits to the forum)

Weekly Server Maintenance on Nov 13th(Update)

Nov 12, 2018

We will be bringing all the servers down for our weekly maintenance from 2:00AM - 8:00AM EST (GMT-5) on Nov 13th

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Still not sure why it would take so da$# long for maintenance..

AO has theirs Wednesdays 1AM-5AM

looks like Gods war has maintenance every 2 weeks right before ours... Monday evening from 21:00PM - 22:00PM on Apr 08 EST (GMT-5).

Wings of Destiny only has it 1x per month on Wednesdays.

no time to look any thing else up... hope you all can play with out DC.. sigh

- Ele

Signature