Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 92798

Total:#28

Create Thread

[Discussion] New Server?

Hot Topics [Copy link] 27/1551

Posted on 2019-03-21 21:54:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

hello folks i have some idea to make game "alive" once again namely open new server but without any patches, cuz who didn't love running in old good dragon gear and such ? i am pretty sure that would work out at some point sawy bunch of people trying to back to game but its way to late for them cuz they will cath up this patch in like 2years or so, so its point less to even try to play for them. But if Mr.FoK would open new server, i am pretty sure alot ppl would come back to play once again. what do you guys think about that?

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-21 22:55:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Realistically that won't ever happen... IGG is a business and they are in business to make money.
Old ancient version didn't require nearly as much Item mall $$$, if any at all.... don't think I used any real money for at least the first year or 2 of the game.

In theory  a very rich person could buy right to the game from Snail and then run the version they want.  Russian Version was pretty much that way but I think(?) Snail bought or got the game rights back.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-21 23:07:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

This has been suggested in the past, many times, and as much as I like the idea, I don't think it will ever happen. IGG just can't earn as much money in that old version as they are earning now. Besides that, 2 servers are already dead, opening a fifth one wouldn't be a smart move, could get the whole game closed.

About the catching up. Its easy to catch up these days. Actually much easier than it was to catch up in the past. In the version you're suggesting, you had to afk 6 months on bears to level falchion playing from level 1 to 100. Imagine how hard would it be to catch up in that version. Catching up is never a valid argument for a new server because every server will become "old" after 6 months and then you could make the same case, would have to open new servers every 6 months...

Don't get me wrong, I'd definitely support this idea.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2019-03-22 03:16:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature
What could be more serious where there is death?
Posted on 2019-03-22 07:17:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

Thats true, that the server wont make almost money at all but from other hand progressing wont take as long as in the past since we would know what to do and now days most of the ppl can stay 24/7 unlike before, plus you could  make on that server X exp and drop (and bunch of other evens?) so ppl would progress even faster to point where after lets say 6months you would add 120lv patch (professtions) or somethinkg like that.

And as for "Besides that, 2 servers are already dead, opening a fifth one wouldn't be a smart move, could get the whole game closed." i agree with that, but why what about merge those death servers? i assume you taking about Zheng He and Da gama & James Cook, and yes i remember you even made some vote's who agree and who dissagre and as far as i can remember most of people agreed to merge those two servers.
And as for me this game is already death no matter which server to be honest people selling accounts to ex players and they play for few months and they quit again cuz they cant found team for inst or they bought account on which they have to spend like 20b to make 1% upgrade...
P2P server is intresting idea to be honest problem (not for IGG...) is that you would need like 5-10alts and that would cost a bit.

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-22 11:32:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

Again about merging servers:
Fok has stated that the Server merge tool is broken.

IMHO
I am not sure if there is more than one Chinese version server... but it seems snail does not need a server merge tool and will not fix it.

IGG won't spend the resources (people or money) to fix the merge tool, especially since they are basically leasing the game from snail.

So players would only be able to transfer out of the old school new server... and they would not want to do that until they are high level. (would be unfair to allow transfers of high level into the server).

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-22 16:10:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Or you could open new server with all patches and all that things which we got right now but give us 160set for free . People would cath up to 170patch fast where you need  tons of IM for serpents and lumi. pearls and as xanthian31 said  "IGG is a business and they are in business to make money." that woudnt be bad move i assume. Since now some players see how much they need to spend $ to upgrade even to 160(and its like 5y old set?)they just give up and play for years and they dont upgrade them selfs almost at all. But... "it wont be same stuff and you will have to spend tons of IM?(on new server)"  well thats up from FoK basicaly and deppents how much event's like for example Max Dragon or increaded reward from creta/london daily by 5 or something like that.

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-22 16:49:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

I think that's a bad idea, giving away 160 sets for free.

Players would have to buy IM either with RL money or ingame money. Since most of them wont give RL money, they will be forced to buy IM in game. The prices will skyrocket and since they are not used to farming HI (they got their set for free afterall), they won't be able to afford it, so they will quit. It doesn't solve anything.

Even besides that. Giving away 160 sets for free would leave the players with what? 3 sets to upgrade? You are removing 70% of the game that way.

Signature

Posted on 2019-03-22 17:08:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

So... its good as it is? did you ever sawy any new player around that play for longer than month? maybe some ex player which know what to do +/- but even they quit after all or ending up at buy account or quit game. and for upgrades 145-160 gear IGG dont make even that much money. And im pretty sure that IGG would make more for giving free 160 and them make proft when people will start upgrade stuff for 165set.

Signature
Posted on 2019-03-22 20:54:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

I'm not saying its good now. There is always room for improvement, and they did. Recently they completely kicked out level 145 set and reduced the amount of materials required for 148, fallen and inquisitor sets. So that was a huge improvement.

I'm all for adding better ways for newbies to get Rainbow Crystals and reducing the amount of mining/planting required for FCC and Florals, but not for giving 160 sets for free.

Look at it from a different perspective. The point is to lure players into playing. If they get 160 sets for free in the beginning, they are forced to buy IM right from the beginning. No one will play a game which directly asks you for money from the beginning. You need to make it easy for starting players, no IM required. Then as difficulty starts to rise, they are more likely to spend money on the game. Then eventually at one point you can't avoid buying IM. So there has to be a gradual buildup.

Signature