Voyage Online Today: 0    Total Posts: 92787

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Discussion] Character Creation & Crash

[Copy link] 4/328

Posted on 2019-02-19 03:31:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hi, i  have been away from this game for a very long time but my account is still active, but when i logged in there was only one server "Battleground" due to maintenance, anyway i went create a character on this server so when i clicked create and all but one character description had something to do with wild animals and stuff (Deer's & Bears) and all the base stats were identical??

Anyway to my main point, once i chose what little i had to choose from i named the character and clicked next and instantly the game crashed and came up with a log report box with send or cancel in Asian, and this keeps happening and i have clicked send every time, is this because of the maintenance?

What is wrong with this game it used to be way better and now it seems to be falling apart....

Signature
Posted on 2019-02-19 04:32:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

You should never login to battle server, there r 4 servers to choose from but since u have not wait til maintenance is complete, none of them are open for business/playing. There is plenty of guides and the 2 most active servers are columbus n marco polo with smaller groups on the other 2.

Signature
Posted on 2019-02-19 12:49:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

As KillerChop said, battle server is not an actual server you can play on. That server is an area where people from all the other servers meet to fight against each other. So naturally when you try to create a character there, it crashes.

So pick any other server, create a character and you should be good. Please note that all the characters are the same stat wise (always been like that), the only difference is the visual appearance. You have several different characters to pick from, modify their head/hair style. Later in game its possible to buy hair dyes to add even more customization, not to mention you can actually buy "head charms" in IM which changes your head appearance to for example Cpt. Jack Sparrow.

Also note that there is a bug going on with some descriptions in game. For example when you first discover Lisbon, the description talks about frogs. Its been reported several times, but they keep refusing to fix it.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2019-02-19 14:46:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

as said above... you can not create a character on battle server ... the normal Server Select start screen looks like:

I was wondering what you were looking at when you saw the description talking about deer and bears...  but when I create a character 
as the choosing of a character my screen looks like;

and as said above all characters start at 1...

What makes the difference in characters:
1) the profession you choose - and the skills of that profession you choose as you level up (you will not be able to choose all profession skills available - you are limited to a certain number).

2) how your refine your gear - and the skills that can be forged on weapons
(healers are generally Armed Businessmen...strong at sea battle only generally Royal Mil. Officer...currently probably strongest on land CP.. see list below)

and then when finally in game after the map of the world and scrolling words... your character shows up in Athens and the following screen appears:

I am not seeing anything that  talks of animals during creation so that must have been a error because of the server and / or maintenance time.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2019-02-19 18:49:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

Good ,.luck..Be certain to reactivate your old account or game will not recognize it .

Signature
http://voyagecentury.fandom.com

http://thepiratescove.org