Voyage Online Today: 11    Total Posts: 91477

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] [Solved] Problem with Movement - Super Lag

[Copy link] 7/270

Posted on 2019-01-16 10:51:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hey today I turn to you with a problem.
I have not been playing VCO for a while, but I wanted to start again yesterday.
Game downloaded and turned on .. After a few seconds, my character suddenly stopped moving and I am unable to fix the problem ..

I updated the Graphicdriver, uninstalled the game again and also reinstalled it, and still there is a problem so I can not do anything.

I hope you can help me !

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 12:18:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

I am no expert on computers  so maybe DSOFA will have more ideas...
but we will need to know the answers to the obvious questions first:

I see you reinstalled and rebooted...

1) Did you check your mouse cord connection or batteries? ( you were able to reinstall so clicking works but might just be intermittent problem?)

2) How long were you unable to move - is it just lag - yes it can make you wait for many many seconds. (look at "hot bar/ quick skills change buttons" bottom of screen left side will have color stripe of green, yellow or red - mouse over for info)

3) Are you stuck because of the terrain (was there a hill, a rock, a counter top or table, a box etc...or if you are at sea a land mass)  there are many many many places in game where a character can run into but then cant move unless they either back out EXACTLY the way they got to that spot OR sometimes they can use a  Exploring card from in game item mall which takes you to city's tavern.

4) what are your system specs... name graphic card and name drivers you are currently using.  (this game is over 10 yrs old and was designed about 15 yrs ago so might be it doesn't support the newest drivers - though i'd need a computer person to be sure on that.) We have had problems with people using new drivers in the past... DO not use a Beta driver! Here is a link to a similar problem (though older); LINK

5) try making 2nd character on account... can that character move? (you can easily delete it later).

if problem persists... add a screen shot that shows the terrain AND the name of the area that you are in.

You can also try contacting support and have them un-stick you (if it is due to terrain - they will not know what to do if its computer system related)... its wednesday 1/16 so you have about 36 hrs before they disappear  but they do not usually answer very fast . (send screen shot with email)
IGG Customer / Client Support Links; contact info

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 12:44:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hey,

thanks for the answer!

But the Problem is a little bit bigger. :D

It does not matter which zone I'm in, it's about my character being unable to move
My mouse is about 2 years old, so relatively new.

The problem that I have exactly .. I'll try to describe it.

It's like hanging up the game for about 40 seconds, then it's going to go for a few seconds and then it starts all over again.

With exactly the same PC I already played VCO back then, everything worked smoothly.

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 13:00:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

That is why I asked for you to name the DRIVERS

what is your mouse DRIVER??
What is your graphics DRIVER?

We have had problems before with DRIVERS.

Sounds like you are having a LAG ... ok SUPER LAG problem not a "stuck" situation.

here is a cut paste of many solutions:

below is edited to include newer solutions 1/16/2019 - Ele

----------------- begin quote  --------------------

1) Try checking your graphic card settings. Try messing up a little with anisotropic filtering and antaliasing. It might solve the problem.
Update your graphics card drivers..
Re-install them if u have the latest version.
Try updating your mouse driver if that doesn't work, try using a different mouse driver that is compatible.

2) Turn off Power saving mode.
easy i was opening the power saver mode which seemly use a low no. of cpu usage to save power and i was having a great lag on mouse moving when i changed to high performance in changed the lag to a little lag 6-10 FPS which is not bad

3) Try changing out the drivers to a stable build ( ATI drivers are 13.11 Beta 9)...."Right on. I tried 13.9 (stable) and kept the same problem, took the driver down to 13.4... and it works perfectly".
.."yea i try to stay clear of anything beta just for that reason"
{this means install old drivers, do not use Beta drivers... maybe even install back beyond last 1 or 2 updates of non beta driver}

see this thread for other attempted fixes: Mouse Movement causes frame drop

4)  We used to change video problems by editing the vidicon.ini (game file on your computer) by changing the MaxDistance option. Not sure if you can get that to work now since the file is encrypted

5) Reduce your mouse polling rate. If its set to 1000 it can cause that weird behavior.

---------------------- end quote  ------------------

**  note that #3 is the complete opposite of #1... yes the retro installing of old drivers!

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 13:11:36 | Show thread starter's posts only

Graphics-Driver: 

My graphics card is an Nvidia GeForce GTX 750 Ti
Dataversion: Version 2.1 NVIDIA Build_224 

Driver-Version: 24.21.13.9924

It's a Mouse from "Nacon" - Can't find the Speccs, sorry... :X

The latest video driver I have already downloaded today ...:>

The energy-saving mode is switched off

How do I change the stable build? Or what exactly is that? Have a NVidioa graphics card ..

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 13:30:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

By any chance, you're using 2 or more monitors ?

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 13:37:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well, after you try retro-ing the drivers a few times (both mouse and card)
Let us know if it does or does not work!!!

I left a message for DSOFA to come read this thread  ...
 hopefully he will have more ideas.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-16 14:41:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

Reduce your mouse polling rate. If its set to 1000 it can cause that weird behavior.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org