Voyage Online Today: 2    Total Posts: 93369

Total:#23

Create Thread

[Discussion] Overview, current state, ideas

Hot Topics [Copy link] 22/2832

Posted on 2018-12-15 10:16:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

i disagree on max event... he did bring it   and warned people there might be bug and earned a shitstorm .... i just hope he will just try again soon

..... in general yes IGG want slow game but that stuff we asking for not make the game fast it just let the non IM player catch up a bit with IM ones , so that the IM players have ppl to play against/with  since its boring to buy 40.000IM and then be 3 times stronger than half server.

Also running 1 instance for 3+ years only to finish the basic set not the forges or anything else is not fast for me. :)

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-12-15 13:44:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-15 14:07:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Physique will never work with hammer. Hammer is a special skill which ignores players stats, but that doesn't mean you can't resist it.

There is an apparatus item in Sanctum of Memories at Seville Port called Shockwaves which can remove the stun.
In addition, they added a new general with a stun removal effect.

So since they went out of their way to create special equipment and generals to counter hammer skill, you can be sure they will never make physique work against it.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2018-12-20 12:44:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-28 09:47:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

just a reminder :)

List still up to date :P

Version number 1.3   (Christmas section marked as solved/over)

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-31 15:33:12 | Show thread starter's posts only

I edited and updated and made the first post a bit easier to read.

- Ele

12/31/18

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-01 07:08:25 | Show thread starter's posts only

You ALL are seeing the life of this game differently. From a HUGE IM spender(no offense you are the ONLY thing holding this game together at this moment) things like updates can't come sooner,  but from the eye of the NEWCOMER IGG can't fix bugs to increase new players interest in the game. I can't even invite many friends and relatives to play this game cause its too buggy. I am sometimes TOO ashamed to let friends know I play this game. That's wrong IMO. Fix game so we can invite new players or just simply end this game. You either want to grow player base or you don't.  Stop messing around.

Signature
NO
Posted on 2019-01-01 13:15:15 | Show thread starter's posts only

a reply specifically to Deodoubleg;

Just being a realist here;
IGG is making enough money plus a bit more from the "Huge IM spenders" to keep the game open, so they will not END it yet!

My personal opinion;  as you have seen/ noticed, they pretty much do not want to grow the player base, IGG's money is now going only to mobile games. .... (yes you would think they would reinvest profits from VCO into VCO but they don't.  History has shown they only cut services till you are on the fence about leaving).    But that's a corporation for you.

Again this is IMHO.
MY theory; VCO still makes just a little to much money to shut down...
but they are no longer investing time and money to pc and browser games.

- ele

was going to include theory support but ill let you search for it if interested.

search suggestion 1
search suggestion 2

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-01 18:31:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

2 things about this: 1. the new gears dont give to much of extra stats. The main point is the higher forges but that need more investment.  If we ever gonna get closed VCO i am sure Snail Games just waiting for it and will take over same as they did with BBO and tried with Russian version. So dont need to care that IGG seems to be kinda stupid and make everyone mad just play a bit and wait... time will pass IGG will wake up or snail will come around.

-ofc i am no admin or Snail employee so i dont know for sure, its just my assumption based on the last years of this game in different versions-

Signature
Posted on 2019-01-01 22:57:42 | Show thread starter's posts only

$1,100 a day is peanut compared to how much mobile games are getting them.

In 2018 IGG's revenue was roughly $400 million. That's $1 million per day. Of course, that's not all from mobile games, they had other sources aswell, marketing campaigns, merchandise stores etc., but keep in mind this:

Leveraging its success in client-based and browser online games, the Group changed its strategy to target the mobile games market in 2013, and has derived over 90% of its revenue from mobile games since 2015.

So yeah its pretty clear they switched their strategy, they are now targeting mobile market and are keeping these client based games in some kind of an idle mode until the player base drops low enough for them to stop being profitable. As soon as that happens they will pull the plug.

But its not all that grey, the game is still pays for itself, takes very little maintenance, and Snail still delivers us patches so we will still stay alive for a while. Even if one day IGG decides to shut it down, Snail games will take over, just like it took over BBO and PiratyOnline.

Source: http://investor.igg.com/investor_financial.php?id=83

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org