Voyage Online Today: 8    Total Posts: 89580

Total:#31

Create Thread

[Discussion] Registration not working - cant log into VCO sites

Hot Topics [Copy link] 30/2530

Posted on 2018-12-03 18:36:46 | Show thread starter's posts only

I just ran a test. Made a completely new Gmail account and a completely new IGG account. The verification email is arriving on Gmail without a problem, except there's a slight delay, need to wait for it 3-4 minutes, its not instant.

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2018-12-03 19:01:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

I think he does not understand in what order to click the buttons.
This should explain it:
(when I created an account today the registration email was there before I could even log in)

DO NOT USE THESE METHODS!

ok I finally figured out what is going on...
The system is not regestering peoples information.

once you enter the above screen... the web page backs you out and asks you to log in.

I tried logging in about 4-5 times and got this:

OOPS

.ok so finally got back ... couldn't log in ANY account because of the above...  lol

My new alt account still will not log in

it goes to the following screen witht he circled message:

ok next try....
tried to log in with google  the big red button above..
got the following:

but when I clicked "set IGG Account" it told me I had the incorrect log in

sigh

ill try again tomorrow.

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-04 00:31:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

Okay, I see where the problem is. There is a bug in the system if you login with Google account.

These are the steps to replicate the bug.

1. First you click on the login button, then you click on the Google button to login with an existing Google account.

2. Select the account you want to login with and enter your password linked to that account.

3. After logging in, you get redirected back to the VCO site. First thing first, notice that we don't have a username yet. That's strike one.

BUG 1: Logging in with Google account doesn't not automatically create an IGG account, making this whole "Login with Google" completely and utterly useless. The whole point why would one implement Login with Google API on their site is to literally outsource credentials storage and handling to Google. To avoid having user to register.

4. Okay, lets ignore the first bug and lets continue to setup our IGG's account. First we want to edit our members info by clicking here:

5. This takes us to: http://passport.igg.com/account/profile.php
We fill in all of the data and we click the Save button. Okay great, that works just fine.

6. Next step is to bind an email address to the account. Click the Bind Email button on the left menu. Enter your email twice and click the Submit button.

BUG 2. Why do we have to add an email address to the account, if we are already using Google account? The email should be set automatically to the Gmail we logged in with.

7. We go back to Gmail, and guess what? Our email arrives with a confirmation link. We click on the link to confirm our email.

8. Once we click the link, we will get a new page asking us to enter our password. Do not enter your Google password here. You are setting up a new one, so make up a new one, it has to have 8-16 characters. Characters must include at least a letter and a number.

9. So now we have setup our email and password. Next thing we do is our username. We go back to the main page and we click this link: http://www.igg.com/member/actigame.php

10. We get a notice that we cannot activate a game because we didnt setup a username.

11. The above link automatically redirects us to: http://passport.igg.com/account/username.php which allows us to setup our username.

12. We enter our password (the one we setup in the step 8.) and we enter our desired username (in between 4-14 characters). Then we click on Set IGG Account.

13. We get a "IGG Account set successfully message" and we get a quick overview of our settings.

14. So in all these steps, we set an email, password and username, and everything should work correctly right? WRONG.

BUG 3. After setting our username, email and password, we go back to the main vco site and of course our account is not created. Username field is empty. That means the step 12 is unsuccessful, even though it said it was successful.

So TL;DR: Don't login via any other service. Just make yourself a new IGG account here: http://passport.igg.com/account/register.php?gid=5

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2018-12-04 01:25:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

tout ce passe bien jusqu'a l'etape 11 où je suis obliger de cliquer 2 fois sur le bouton "regler ID IGG" sinon il se passe rien et quand il se passe quelque chose il y a une erreur

All goes well until the stage 11 where I am to oblige to click twice the button " regler ID IGG " otherwise there is nothing and when he(it) takes place something there is an error

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-04 20:29:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

ok UPDATE as of 0100 GMT 12/5/2018

IF you had problems making an account earlier... just throw away that account and email address and start over!!!!

I made a totally new email account and then made a totally new IGG account.
(I registered the old fashioned way... and DID NOT use account linkage)

This time after i registered; it just sent me to the main IGG page that has the short video of the lords online ...
**I purposely used a password that did not use the shift key... so I knew i would not screw up the password.

I was then able to go to the VCO download website:
http://vc.igg.com/download/client.php
the brown square said i needed to activate account.
I clicked the words in the brown square; "activate account"

and   it activated my account....
I then started the VCO program... and
HOORAY  I am able to log into game with my password and name used in the IGG registration page (A & C).

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-05 01:03:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

vous utilisez quel navigateur ?

You use what sailor(browser)?

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-05 04:58:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

This guide far more complex then floor80 lol

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-05 06:59:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

Nothing works the button for the code is completely to block

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-05 12:08:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

You want not to create me an account with an e-mail account which I would have you supplies in private and having send back to(dismissing) me identifier and the password of the account so that I can connect in the game(set,play)?

Signature
Posted on 2018-12-05 12:22:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

Or otherwise delete(eliminate) the check by code

Signature