Voyage Online Today: 4    Total Posts: 89512

Total:#25

Create Thread

[Discussion] To FoK, which small improvements can revive game

Hot Topics [Copy link] 24/2598

Posted on 2018-09-30 20:12:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

clairex wrote:
While runned by igg game will never be revived ,miss it and wanna play it but not that way..

We gotta be honest here, this ain't fully IGG's fault.

This game is now what, 14 years old? Yeah, I think the Chinese version was released in 2004, correct me if I'm mistaken. VCO was released in December 2006, I think. That was a long time ago. For today's time, the graphics are outdated, the controls are outdated, the gameplay is outdated...

Gaming market today is different that it was 12 years ago. People play less MMORPG's. MMORPG's are a dying genre. Even WoW, which was one of the most popular games and peaked at around 2010 with 12 million subscribers, is now down to the same amount of subscribers it had in Vanilla version, when it was first released, back in the 2005/2006, estimated at 3 million, according to some sources...

Have you heard what happened with the release of Star Wars Battlefront 2? EA locked some characters and apparently it takes around 40-80 hours of playtime to unlock them. People went absolutely berserk. In an attempt to explain why they did that, one of EA's community managers made a comment on Reddit and quickly enough it became the most downvoted comment in Reddits history. And why? Just because gamers were pissed that it takes 80 hours of playtime to unlock something. Compare that to VCO, how long it takes to make 170 gear? 2-3 years? How would they react to that?

The trends are definitely not in favor of this game. This game is like the exact opposite of what gamers want these days.

That being said, before people jump on me for defending IGG, no, I'm not. There's also a lot to blame IGG for. Not advertising the game, lousy support, not fixing bugs, too greedy...

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2018-10-01 04:20:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

the good thing is that 1. the land+ sea battle and 2. the slower style game play and not need of high end Computer are the USP (unique selling points) of this game... so for the big mass it is bad and boring but for the player who search game like this it is awesome and nice. That is also the reason why we always had kinda low amount of ppl (hundreds or thousands not milions) but those who play this here are in love with the game and even if they quit soon or later some of them come back :D

So IGG only need to keep players kinda happy so they dont quit in big mass (what they failed sadly a bit during the summer) and bring some old players back.  If they always do this they can keep make good profit with this game for next 5+ years.

Actually i wonder why they never make an Email Avertisement. Kinda Like:

Captains new Adventures are coming. Join the Chinese Forces and fight the Japanese in Jiawei Bay. Become one of the legends and get rewarded with awesome Gear.

Picture 1+2+3

Join now back to the action using the following link and receive Free Inquistor Gear. Event Period 15.11.2018-15.12.2018

something like this to every email registered at VCO..... why not do that FoK?

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-10-02 03:45:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you want the best computer you have to spend money. If you want the best toon you have spend money too. you do great FoK . Keep go on . I love the way you think 

with all my regards 

ex VCO & new BDO player :D

Signature
What could be more serious where there is death?
Posted on 2018-10-02 09:31:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

You missed his point . He gave arbitrary numbers but showed two players both in same game , only one is using the game BETTER and managed 45 billion .
 So he is making a point that instead of " changing game " because he knows by now , just how THAT works out , players learning other ways to use what is here to gain silver . SAME as in Asian version they must silver nerf always because players always find a way to beat them.
 BTW -Ihave way over 10 ignots and do not even play half as much as most of you , I do sell some IM on occasion so getting gold ignots is not so hard , I do agree what makes me STOP playing is the mindless GRIND to get silver for almost just log in. I was making bank on Golden tower and then running around doing mobs or sea instances . HI melts my brain anymore and I look for a better way just so I do not take another stroke when server kicks me while in instance at end.

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2018-10-02 09:52:23 | Show thread starter's posts only

the point is that silver income was nerfed and also no new good ways of income came( not like HI was nerfed in silver income and lets say Yizhou Bay drop now Cannon Operator too and we can farm that...no just HI as money source but less drop while need more cash cash every patch :D)    Also you forget 10 gold ingot is nothing.... only for rank 14 you need 200 Ingot.... for 1 rank stat need like 150kk and need to do them hundred times.... 1x try a + on general is 3kk .... getting like 500attack is like 10-15bil  on one of the minimum 2 you need.... and 800 attack way way more... can put more and more on this list.............when HI came out drop was like double of we have now (Cannon Operator i talk only about now) since then drop redcuced much but silver you was king of kings with 40 Gold Ingot back in the time when HI was hard.... now 40 Gold ingot is nothing.....

So in theory it should be like this:

Less money from drops available ingame==> less money needed ingame

More money needed ingame (by ranks etc.)==> easier/more money to get ingame

BUT it is like this:

Harder to get money ingame(less drops)==> way more money needed

ofc that makes ppl mad... is like saying Pizza cost now 50% more but we cut your earnings by 40%....

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......