Voyage Online Today: 2    Total Posts: 87296

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] Stutter/ screen flicker can't play game

[Copy link] 5/256

Posted on 2018-03-08 15:26:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

Hello guys , I am back to the game after a long period. I seem to have a unplayable stutter / flicker when I move my character around .  After i log in , for 20-30 seconds everything goes smooth but after I run to places, every 2-3 seconds the whole game just flickers like it's loading bad or like it's staying behind for a fraction of a second. I would really like to play and enjoy the game but this thing is very disturbing. Thank you for your attention.

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-08 16:09:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Similar problem happens to me. If I run somewhere, everything runs smoothly for 2-3 seconds, then a char gets thrown few steps behind, then instantly teleports ahead to the location hes supposed to be.

I figured its because my game runs too fast. Getting around 200 FPS. Unfortunately there's no way to turn on vsync or anything similar. I even tried to force it trough NVidia control panel and it still doesn't work. So my solution was to run multiple clients, multiple alts till my GPU gets enough workload, so the FPS drops to around 60 on all of my clients. That seemed to do the trick.

Alternatively, I had issues with huge frame drops. Figured it was because of my mouse polling rate. It was set to 1000. After toning it down to 250, the game ran much more smoothly.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2018-03-09 07:57:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-09 12:47:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

Muted  

Signature
Posted on 2018-03-09 12:48:07 | Show thread starter's posts only