Voyage Online Today: 23    Total Posts: 87863

Total:#5

Create Thread

[Discussion] Will we have Chinese Spring Festival Celebrations ( game events) ?

[Copy link] 4/582

Posted on 2018-02-12 05:33:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

Will there be any extra ingame events during the Chinese Spring Festival Celebrations? like x2 drop rate event or Dragon max event  or some more Double drop card ?

So we can celebrate it as well:D

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-02-12 07:08:29 | Show thread starter's posts only

two weeks without maintenance its 6 more hours to play thats the celebration we have :D

Signature
Posted on 2018-02-13 10:43:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

Isnt the upcoming Holidays one of Most important if not the most important in chinese? can not imagine that we get nothing besides no maintenace :D

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2018-02-13 17:01:04 | Show thread starter's posts only

You are being sarcastic ... right?
the Holiday means no one will be here to start or end any events.

Fok will probably have to run weekend events from wherever he is going for the holiday...
(though in the past he has been left behind at work to "hold the fort" ) or maybe he will be the only one in the giant empty office starting Feb 14.

Ill look but I am pretty sure we get nothing but regular weekend events... and never have gotten anything more than that during this holiday or the one in October.

- Ele

What I found so far (that happened on or around Chinese new year):

2016: All Refining Items up to 70 percent off(Spring Festival)

2013:  4exp & 2x drop + Free lunch

2012: 3xp 2x drop

2011??;  Free lunch (link broken)

2009: Lucky turtle shell event

2007; Free lunch (link broken)

2007; Romantic Valentine's Day Series

Signature
Posted on 2018-02-13 17:42:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

This version of the game tends to be marketed more for the western world.
Looking at the sales and announcements...

we all know the number of events gets reduced every year...

back in 2007-9 we even had spring break events..
Easter also had a lot of events (omo event in 2012..now just hot sale event).
and yes Valentines also has a few events...(last one in 2012 was a big one)
2012:Happy Valentine's Day!

Christmas and Halloween also get events... and because this is the American version even American thanksgiving has had a few., heck they even did American Labor day sales up till 2016 (September NOT MAY)
All those are western holidays....

They did a gold credit giveaway as an international workers day ONCE in 2015.. (May 1st)
they did women's day event (2012) then sales until 2014. (not consistently) -March 8 is Women's day every year.
they may have meant this fishing festival as mid autumn festival back in 2008
and there was a mid-autumn gift bag given in this sales event and 2 different free lunches but the events were in April, June etc..
I did not find any events correlating to The dragon boat festival (unless you count the dragon head gunboat which was not an event item) (Dragon Boat Festival is in June)
nor anything similar to Quingming (Tomb sweeping) Festival. (Festival is in April)

I do not remember when the valentines day npc was implemented but I assume snail got tired of making events so they invented that npc to be activated every year for a couple of weeks (my guess).

- Ele

yeah its sad....
it seems 2013 was the year IGG decided to start reducing the events and let the game slide in to obscurity.

Signature