Voyage Online Today: 6    Total Posts: 84241

Total:#4

Create Thread

[Discussion] Beginner quest

[Copy link] 3/105

Posted on 2017-11-13 22:18:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

Back to the game after being gone for several years!

Isn't there a beginner quest where you have to goto the Shipyard boss in Athens and buy armor, cannonballs, and guns?

If so, how to I get started?  I've gone to the Veteran and there's no quest!

Signature
Posted on 2017-11-13 22:38:45 | Show thread starter's posts only

Assuming you are using a new character....
I suggest you do not use your old characters or you will miss out on a lot of free stuff and easy leveling.
do the the beginner storyline quest.

quests show in 2 places in the game...
1) voyage log ; ctrl+f  main tab >> story-line quest (I think is the name)... sry its not in my old characters anymore as i finished it.

2) the semi transparent quest tracker on the middle right of your screen
(it can be toggled on and off from the voyage log top area of interface)

Make sure you follow along as you do the quest with the guide in the forums.
The game has a few text errors and one where you must do London before Tripoli or the quest line breaks and you are stuck till support helps you.

2016 - New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide

lots of good hints and helpful suggestions in it as well.
like how to sail your free lvl 10 ships etc..

- Ele

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Posted on 2017-11-13 23:15:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Had to start all over--it knew my character's name, but there was nothing on the dock!

Turned out that I had "lost" a quest to buy one item from Istanbul--once I did that everything fell into place!
===
New question: I have a navigation skill manual--but I don't see it on the list of skills!

===
>lvl 10 ships--I'm using the battleship and already have a Water Pegasus Figurehead for more cargo space!

Signature
Posted on 2017-11-14 00:22:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

Voyage = Navigation

Id have to look at the figurehead stats but the Navigation star figurehead you are given should give better than any figurehead up through maybe level 10..
Plus during the beginner quest line you get some refining stones that only work on the navigation star and make it a pretty good figurehead:

the max upgrade for the Navigation star (using quest line stones)(#89 +90 in beginner quest line)
white is the FH plain stats, the green is what the stones add.

mmm true more weight but also a LOT slower (sail propulsion)
 battleship user... well the adventure ship will be faster but if you want  focus on sea battle I get that too.

ps you should get a Sea Mermaid in your timed awards... equip that to your ship and sail through storms and not get attacked by pirates.   you can buy more in the in game and / or on line item malls.

- Ele

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017