Voyage Online Today: 23    Total Posts: 83653

Total:#6

Create Thread

[Discussion] Client crash when in Crete Event every time

[Copy link] 5/200

Posted on 2017-09-15 08:12:59 | Show thread starter's posts only

Everytime Crete event is beginning my character is kicked from the game...so I cannot participate to the event and I have to login again . It is very annoying to do this thing again and again every day I am playing this gme.  Anyone knows how can this be solved?

-----------------------
changed title to reflect subject 2x  - Ele

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-15 08:54:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

"character kicked out" as in client crashes or you get disconnected ?
For disconnecting i don't have a clue, maybe bad connection and everytime at crete time there's huge lags because a lot of players participate.

Signature
youtube.com/user/killerondrugs - VCO guides/tutorials/PvP stuff and other useful crap
Posted on 2017-09-15 09:28:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

"Character kicked out" as in client crashes. There are 2 announcements , one in English and one in Chinese language , every time i am kicked . Next time when Crete event will be on I'll post a print screen .

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-15 09:35:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

*edit* you typed while I was typing

if you get an error then definitely screen shot it...
more than likely you have a file that is corrupt.
DSOFA usually can tell you what the error means (thought he's back in school now so he may need a day or 2).

---------------------------------
make sure you do a a total reboot a few minutes before the event is scheduled to start.
clear all cache and cookies
do not run ANY other program, do not have Steam or Skype connected.

Do a "ping" or use a program to check your connection route and speed.
Perhaps your signal is trying to go through Florida or something.. which right now is not a good path...

The events Fri, Sat and Sunday are at 0800 Eastern so not that many Americans will be awake yet, and you might have a bit better connection if you are from Europe.  (the signal has to travel to servers in California)  But then again Weekends are the worst connection times because everyone is home and wants to be on the net. 

the only solution ever offered by IGG was for the customer to get a VPN and that doesn't always fix the problem.

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Posted on 2017-09-15 11:08:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

Next time your client crashes, navigate to the VCO folder and open System.log file with notepad. Copy-paste its contents to this thread. As others already mentioned, most likely one of the files got corrupted, either by VCO itself, or by your HDD failing.

I would suggest you to do these steps:
1. Download Speedfan. It is capable of displaying S.M.A.R.T. readings like disk performance and fitness. If those values are low, I would recommend you to immediately backup your files and replace your disk. If its fine, then proceed to step two.
2. Run ChkDsk. (Press Windows+R => write in cmd => write chkdsk and hit enter). Leave it running till it finishes. It will let you know if there are any problems with your file system.
3. If both steps above didn't detect any errors, then do a complete VCO reinstall. After uninstalling VCO, make sure to clean registry with CCleaner or some similar tool. Install it again by running the setup file as Administrator, otherwise there could be some problems.

Let us know the results.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-09-16 08:32:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

I used Speedfan : no errors detected
I checked HDD : no errors detected
but a few minutes ago , when the invitations were sent to the players my character was kicked out from the game . I would like to mention that I have another character which cannot participate to Crete event because its rank is 0 . This character was never kicked out of the game when Crete event begun ( or invitations for players were sent ). I also reinstalled the game but that wasn't helpful...and I always start the game as Administrator

Signature