Voyage Online Today: 2    Total Posts: 83155

Total:#33

Poll

[Discussion] Player thoughts on server merge, should some servers be merged?

Hot Topics Spotlight [Copy link] 32/2051

Posted on 2017-09-06 16:21:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

Lately there has been less and less players in game. Some servers appear to be dead. I would like to know players opinion about merging some servers together.

Is it finally the time for a server merge?
How many servers there should be?
Which servers should merge?
What are you mostly concerned about if the merge happens?

Please do post a short description of why you voted the way you did.

Keep the discussion civilized, warnings will be given to users who cant follow forum rules and guidelines.
Anyone caught using alts to vote will be permanently banned from forum.
Anyone caught trolling or shitposting for the lulz will be permanently banned from forum.

Single Votes , Show results after voting

1. Yes

2. No

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-09-06 16:23:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

I voted yes cause Columbus seems pretty much dead. Can't sell anything in Seville. Whole day can pass without someone sending anything on public chat. Events only have a few players participating and a bunch of alts...

I would like to see Zheng He merged with MMP and Dagama with Columbus. I think that combination would work the best. We will have two servers, one heavily populated pvp server and one a little less populated pve server. To suit the players needs.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-09-06 16:42:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

I voted YES for the same reason Dsofa already mentioned above, servers getting dead and lack of activity.
Would like to see MMP and Columbus merged. ZH could be merged with Dagama.
Why ? Columbus and MMP are the only servers left with active players, my old friends and enemies, could work it out better for new teams and potential alliances changes.
Merging MMP with ZH or Dagama wouldn't make much of a difference, that's like getting 5 more players in MMP server.
Only concern I got about merging idea, is having more lag due to bigger amount of players, past month we been experiencing insane lag at 8:00am EST(GMT-5) server time, early Crete times, while evening one is usually okay.

Signature
youtube.com/user/killerondrugs - VCO guides/tutorials/PvP stuff and other useful crap
Posted on 2017-09-06 16:48:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

I vote "YES" because in CCCP they no take "NO" as answer, it's in me genes. With "YES" you can never shoot the inaccurate.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-06 17:02:38 | Show thread starter's posts only

i voted YES, there no point having server open with 10 ppl in it.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-06 19:55:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

I vote yes as well and I agree with DSofa. Would make sense to just merge the four into just two as long as the transition will be smoother unlike the last time. That way it's easier to maintain only the two servers and hopefully they can put more resources into the two instead of having to spread it out across four.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-06 21:05:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

i Voted No , because it would be a huge mess and FoK can not even answer/want to answer very simple questions anymore  which contains question how ppl want to spend their money to pay his job..... so guess what will happen when 50+ ppl jump on him and ask for colony bugs, guild bugs, bugs with their chars and shit like this.....

Before you merge anything you need basic support and we seem to not have this at the moment. Also merging ALL servers would just mean that more and more ppl go together in 1 ally and ppl get bored again and leave game even faster....

only option would be merging all 4 servers to 2 server ..... MMP and Zeng He and  Dagama and Columbus....... but as i said i don't think the basic support for this is high enough so whatever.....if the support get less and less ofc the cash gets less and less

Signature
The New Forum is lets say "special"......
Posted on 2017-09-06 22:05:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

Generally, any game that has few players, not increasing, dies after a while, specifically team work games as Voyage Century. Continuing this situation might have a chance of more quitting people, from my view. 
At the same time, getting people to play this game is not that easy, from my exp.
So, I would say YES.

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-06 22:20:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

Colum dagama  zheng he  3 server merge

It s simple

Signature
Posted on 2017-09-06 22:30:55 | Show thread starter's posts only

I voted NO for same reason as Flamewars. A merge has it's advantages but I simply don't trust that the current administration has sufficient support or expertise to perform a successful merge. All I can visualize is major data loss (lost toons, gear), corruption (guilds, vigor, pimps, abnormal items like super FH), old bugs returning, and general mass chaos, which would be guaranteed to lose far more players than the merge would preserve. Even if the issues could be fixed or reversed, timely is not a word often associated with IGG tech support, and players will have already left. The damage would be fatal, and with such an catastrophic event an almost certain probability based on their previous track record, it's not worth the risk in my opinion.

IF they should so happen to be able to perform a merge successfully and no major mistakes, THEN it would be wise to check the server populations (exclude alts if possible), determine server populations, rate them highest 4, lowest 1. Then merge lowest populated server (server 1) with highest populated server (server 4, probably mmp) and merger server 3 with server 2. That way, the fewest people are displaced by the move (losing colonies, cities, guilds perhaps, etc), and the 2 remaining server populations would be hopefully closer to balanced.

Signature