Voyage Online Today: 5    Total Posts: 79853

Total:#9

Create Thread

[Discussion] Equipment Install Requirement Ship

[Copy link] 8/269

Posted on 2017-04-14 16:29:27 | Show thread starter's posts only

I picked up a nice shield, but I need the "Equipment Install Requirement Ship" to be to lvl 2--how do I get there?

Signature
IGG solved mine by having me run the game as admministrator--the kicker is that I am the admin on this computer!
Posted on 2017-04-14 18:28:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

http://vc.forum.igg.com/m/topic?ctid=53487&fcid=83

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-15 11:37:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

Don  do not bother with upgrading your ship to level 2.

You get 3 Free ships with a newly created character - they look like birthday presents .. that you click and then the ships appear in the ship/sail interface (ctrl +z) under the "Ship" tab.

To use the ship (I only suggest using the "Colossal Korean Turtle Shaped  ship" - it is the fastest one and sailing is SLOW when you are a beginner)

First take off all cannon, ship armor , any certificates and figurehead
(you may have to put some items in the ware house if your character can not hold all the weight)

Go to the docker (in Athens if that is the city you were standing in when you opened the birthday present packs)

select Dock
highlight the Colossal Korean Turtle shaped Ship
then click the button "take out ship"

****  you will need more sailors to sail this ship
I suggest you go to the Tavern and talk to the Tavern Boss
you can buy sailors and heal sailors at the Tavern for 1/2 the price that the Docker charges.
choose sailors >> recruit necessary sailors

Equip the figurehead, cannon shield and certificates on the level 10 ship
(you may not be able to access your ship while standing in the tavern.. so step outside into the city)

and you are good to go.

This ship is a bit sturdier that the caroelle so you will do better in battles as well.

I forgot you should also get a "sea mermaid" from one of the timed awards that will equip to one of the ship auxiliary slots.  Make sure you use this it will keep you from getting stuck in storms at sea... which end up eating all your sailor first aid kits and ship repair kits if you dont have ship building skill.

- Ele

Now,   PLEASES PLEASE READ the guide on the Beginner quest line.
Even if you do not want to do the quest line itself...

Everything I just told you is written in that guide.

Beginner Quest Line Guide

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-19 20:44:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

I asked because I have a Fire Titan Figurehead that requires a (abbreviating) EIRS of 9.  I assume that I'm at a lvl 1 (could be wrong, because the EIRS of 9 is in green--but then why is the figurehead in red?!?).

Signature
IGG solved mine by having me run the game as admministrator--the kicker is that I am the admin on this computer!
Posted on 2017-04-19 21:41:00 | Show thread starter's posts only

EIRS is always written in green. Color in the tooltip does not reflect your ability to equip an item. If it says EIRS 9 then it means it can only be installed on level 9 and higher ships.

Your current ship level can be found in your ship interface (press CTRL + Z to open).

If an items icon is colored in red, then it means you do not fulfill the requirements to equip it.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-04-19 22:38:21 | Show thread starter's posts only

Don
I believe i told you to switch to your free level 10 ship..suggest the adventure ship/raider/turtle ship but use which ever as it is better than the level 1 ship you are using now.

for some reason it seems you refuse to read the beginner quest line guide..
ok. here is the part of the guide you need to read:

oh and BTW the free Nav Star figurehead is better than any level 1 through 10 figurehead.
If you do the beginner quest line you get free stones to improve its stats an incredible amount.

--copy paste follows--

****SWITCH TO THE SHIP YOU WILL WANT TO USE NOW****
the next few quests give eloquence and level your ship even though you are not actually sailing.
(most players use the raider ship for speed)
At this point; after switching ships, Equip your Navigation star figurehead and Sea Mermaid (you get one in the 30 minute reward package), and Equip maybe 2 of the certificates of overlord then continue to next quest.

to switch ships; go to the docker and click "dock"
To use/ equip the free ships (other than the Caroelle you get when you create a character); right click the gift box so the ship shows to your ship's "sail" tab
then go to the docker and choose > "dock" > click on ship you want to use > then click"take out ship"
The Colossal Korean Turtle ship is the "raider" type ship and is the fastest.
The Battle ship is slower but will hold more cannon and is best for sea fighting.
The Zheng He Treasure ship is the slowest but holds the most load (weight).

**** YOU NO LONGER NEED  91 voyage (sailing) and 91 Eloquence or Sea battle (sea fight) skills to sail the free level 10 ships!!!!
You can sail with voyage level 1 and / or  sea battle level 1 ****

Voyage, sea battle, eloquence, bare hand, and the 4 weapon skills are now auto learned! (you still have to level them however.  lol)

Suggestion 1;  you will need more sailors to sail the level 10 ships
I suggest you go to the Tavern and talk to the Tavern Boss
you can buy sailors and heal sailors at the Tavern for 1/2 the price that the Docker charges.
choose sailors >> recruit necessary sailors

Suggestion 2;  go to the skill tutor (inside Athens city gate) and buy the skill "ship building" then go to ability Book Exchange Master Athens dock: 50, -48 and exchange 1 of your ability reward gold for ship building package.
after you "learn" ship building, you can repair your own ship (at a decent pace) and won't need to pay the docker for repairs.  Right click the package and your ship building skill will automatically go to 100.

**note the icon for ship building skill at the skill tutor is rather dark.  It is on the first tab "skill" and  on the bottom row under "Producing skill".... it is the 3rd from the left.   It will become highlighted w/ yellow halo once you click it to select it then click the bottom button "Learn".  Click the figurehead drawing you get from the skill tutor, to learn it and get it out of your inventory.... the "ship building skill" will now be colored in the skill tutor window... now go exchange the ability reward gold... the package you want is near the bottom of the exchange list... right side, 2nd from bottom.

Suggestion 3; You will get a "sea mermaid" in the 30 minute timed pack.  As soon as you get this equip it to one of your ship equipment slots.  It will keep you from sailing into storms at sea which wastes precious time, sailor healing kits and ship repair kits. And keeps you from being attacked by NPC pirates.

==========================================
Special Lesson:  How to self repair your ship

Learn the ship building skill at the skill tutor (outlined above)
While standing still in the city or standing/parked/not moving your ship at high seas or off shore:

Ctrl+A (command icon in ships wheel) >> Interaction Tab >> repair icon
then open the ship interface;  ctrl+z (ship icon in ships wheel)
click the picture of your ship in the interface

watch the white words in chat and green words on screen it will tell you that the ship is being repaired.
If you move before the ship is finished repairing, the game will ask you if you want to stop repair.

The higher your ship building skill level the faster you will be able to repair your ship.

===========================================

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-20 06:32:51 | Show thread starter's posts only

>If an items icon is colored in red, then it means you do not fulfill the requirements to equip it.

Which is odd, because I thought we started with a lvl 10 ship ...
---
This one is good enough so that when Peg Leg shows up I take them out with one broadside and I'd be willing to bet that I wouldn't even need all my guns to do it!

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-20 09:07:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

DS now shows us the first shots of the new patch.... How about sharing your wealth of knowledge? Like what materials we will need to upgrade, or things we need to know.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-20 12:06:28 | Show thread starter's posts only

Is open test server with new patch?

Signature