Voyage Online Today: 24    Total Posts: 81820

Total:#8

Create Thread

[Discussion] forging a new weapon

[Copy link] 7/356

Posted on 2017-04-11 16:00:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

Where can I, as a complete noob, learn how to forge a new weapon?  I have the lvl 1 materials, the blueprints and the hammer--but when I goto forge it says I can't.

Signature
IGG solved mine by having me run the game as admministrator--the kicker is that I am the admin on this computer!
Posted on 2017-04-11 16:11:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

Don, you have to learn the proffesion stunt to craft certain weapons, there is one for axe, one for falchion, one for sword, one for gun. Out of 5 total stunts that you get to distribute, so use them carefully (ok not so much, you can always re distribute :) )

Check it at the 3rd part of the tab where you add your profession skills

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-11 18:09:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

How do I get the points for the profession?

BTW, another poster elsewhere here, said that we don;t need to do that.  I forget exactly why.

Signature
IGG solved mine by having me run the game as admministrator--the kicker is that I am the admin on this computer!
Posted on 2017-04-12 10:48:37 | Show thread starter's posts only

For all crafting skills you first must learn the skill at the skill tutor inside the city.
Voyage, Eloquence, barehand, seabattle, and weapons skills are auto learned so you do not have to buy those.

IF you want to craft profession weapons then you definitely need to use a profession point.

I am not sure if you need to use a profession point to produce the OLD STYLE weapons (weapons in list blow that are not "profession" )

I can't get into the game right now but if you look at the list of guides in the weapons section:
LIST of Guideshttp://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=83&ctid=48976

You will see there are MANY MANY types of weapons...
Profession weapons, Bone weapons, Dragon weapons, Treasure weapons, Noble weapons, non-noble weapons, snail series weapons, drop weapons....

of all those the only ones really used in game now a days are the 130-150 profession weapons....
and the thing about them is they can not be crafted by a player they have to be upgraded.

This is the 2nd thread you made asking about crafting skills...
Crafting is not really done in this game anymore except for a very few high level items.

In this game because the most used crafted items require profession points....
Most people have "Alts"  (alternate characters) to do their crafting and labor.

You only get 5 profession points total ... they are granted as you level in profession skill at 21, 41, 61, 81 and last one granted at profession level 101.

So it is impossible for one character to cover all profession skills.
at a minimum you would need 3 characters to cover all of the production skills.

And quite frankly you want more than that because you MAY want to be able to have one character mining while one is logging and one is fishing and one planting and one is being leveled as you fighting main character.  (Note there are planting, forestry, mining, and fishing passes for sale that let your character auto do all the above except auto fight)
Also space is a problem in this game so you will want to store logs and processed timber on your logging alt, store ore and processed ore on your mining alt, store plants and seeds and processed plants (cloth or potions) on your planting alt, fished up crafting items and processed fishing items on your fisherman, and maybe have an alt just for sewing and alchemy because of the spaces needed.

** To run multiple characters you must have multiple accounts with different emails and passwords... and one character on each account.

So, start playing this game with building your main fighting character so you do not get overwhelmed.
Work on crafting alts later.  you may not even need them if you have nice guild mates.
Join a guild ; guild mates will answer questions for you and will help you get the items you need and help you get through places were you are not yet strong enough.

----------
on another note;  I see you are trying to craft level 1 items.  I can understand this if for some reason you do not want to do the beginner quest line and get the free uniform and weapons...

Though I do NOT suggest doing this.
DO the beginner quest line if you are a first time player so you can learn the way the game works.

2016 - New / Beginning Player Start and Quest Line Guide
http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=56409

-----------------------------------

I suggest you stop and plan out just what skills you want on your character.
You are given 5 free reward gold with every new character.
Spend the reward gold in Athens at the npc at the bottom of the ramp into the city.
You can auto learn a skill to 100.
Depending on the skill you may still have to buy skill at the skill tutor first.
but voyage, Eloquence, barehand, seabattle, and weapons skills are auto learned so you do not have to buy those.
** I still suggest you learn shipbuilding (to 100) on your main so you can repair your own ship and save money as a new player (see the beginner quest line for further explanation)

And you can buy more reward gold for 80 IM in the item mall (it will be sent to the warehouse pull down menu) PLEASE read how to retrieve items if you do this it is a bit complicated:

How to receive IM Items and game rewards at the warehouse
http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?fcid=83&ctid=56947

- Ele

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-12 15:04:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

I wrecked a few weapons forging and think it a scam as it cost a ton. But enjoy I have never had luck with this game in anything that requires some . It loves to suck billions from me then laugh .

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2017-04-12 16:04:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

>For all crafting skills you first must learn the skill at the skill tutor inside the city.

Did that; I'm used one of my gold points to get at lvl 100.

>You are given 5 free reward gold with every new character.
Spend the reward gold in Athens at the npc at the bottom of the ramp into the city.
You can auto learn a skill to 100.

Did that, see above.

>Crafting is not really done in this game anymore except for a very few high level items.

What is the diff between crafting and what can be done now?

>of all those the only ones really used in game now a days are the 130-150 profession weapons.

I was thinking that I'd get more money for something that was made vs. just "harvesting" lumber and composing metal.

> I still suggest you learn shipbuilding (to 100) on your main so you can repair your own ship and save money as a new player (see the beginner quest line for further explanation)

Too late now! Never saw any mention of any beginner quest line.  As usual, games "hide things" so that noobs get screwed.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-13 11:50:44 | Show thread starter's posts only

When your character first appears in Athens when you play the game for the first time...
there is a quest tracking list on the screen on the right....it has the beginner quest line showing... and a few other quests pop up as well.

also you appear right next to the npc named "Langer" that you should talk to to begin the beginner quest line (it actually has a icon of a computer mouse and says click here above his head)

What probably happened is the next part of the quest went to the bottom of the quest list on the screen and you did not see it...  I hate that.

IT is not to late to do the beginner quest line.
Follow the guide in the forum (it is the easiest to follow)
http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=56409

or use the Voyage log in game (ctrl +C) >> main tab >> The story-line Quest > click the individual task to see the text of that particular task

here's the same task after i did what it said except for talking to the last npc (i.e. right before I turn in the quest)

and....in this 2nd picture see the underlined green words like "skill tutor" you can click those and auto track to that NPC

I tend to turn off the on screen quest tracker (and use the voyage log) for a couple of reasons;
its in the way when i try to move and it drops the next step of a quest you are doing to the bottom of the list.
Toggle it on and of using the Display button (circled light blue).

- Ele

-------------------------------------------------------

What is the diff between crafting and what can be done now?

By crafting I mean making an item ie a weapon or a uniform, though  I suppose it includes making potions, making ship figureheads, etc...
I suppose the word "create" or "make" works as well... and the button you click says "compound" .. meh... but I tend to view creating usable objects as more like crafting...  just an English language nuance thing.

Example:
Take logging  and mining for example;
you "chop down"  (ok, chop AT) trees and obtain logs... then process/compound them into timber which is part of the Timber-felling general skill...

Mining; you use a pick axe at an ore stack and obtain ore
then you process/compound it into a type of metal (metal's name depends on the level of ore)

Then you Craft/compound an item such as a ship figurehead from the Timber and Metal.

-------------------------------------------------------

What crafted items are still used in today's version of the game:

* Level 13, 14  figureheads (but not a lot of them because they are very expensive) - logging, mining, shipbuilding
* once in a while a Freeze series hat - sewing, timber-felling, mining,
* sometimes coral and pearls from - fishing (not crafted just fished up in passport area)
* fine cotton  or watered gauze - planting (compounded at material exchange npc Seville)
* a few different types of "ingot" - timber-felling + mining(passport areas only) (compounded at Materiel exchange NPC Seville)

The may be others but I am not a high level player....
I would suggest asking this to guild members; what crafted items they use the most.

there is a whole "new" series of drawings  making uniforms and jewelry for profession level 120+
The drawing I saw needed foundry 120 and a production point toward art production; for a badge, but I have seen uniforms as well which probably need sewing.
The uniform said it is for level 120 (to wear)... not sure what is required to make it though.
and honestly I'm not sure if the new items are being used or if only one style/type of uniform and or jewelery is being used etc etc.

----------------------------------------------

I was thinking that I'd get more money for something that was made vs. just "harvesting" lumber and composing metal.

Regular low level processed timber and processed metals do not really sell (to players).  This game has been around for 10 years now so almost everyone is at a rather advanced level.
What is mostly used is compounded items from multiple sources.

**I did see people selling level 8 thru 12 metals and timber in Seville....
and some unprocessed linen and Jute as 10 each are needed for the London daily quest.
so check Seville on your server over a couple of days and hours and see what other people are able to sell.

see the list above... and even those items are not steady sales...
to make money in this game you need to do your daily quests and instances.
or I suppose you can buy gold boxes when they are on sale in the item mall...

However,  you can sell items to NPC's

I do this often with my fishing alt because lower level items drop much faster than higher level...
for example i will get about 10+ level 6 cold iron for every 1 level 10 rare cold iron.... and you need 2-3x more level 10 cold iron... so I will still fish up level 6 but sell it to a npc for coin.

I have not tried to calculate if it is worth it tho to just sell fishing items to npc's ... since you have to buy a fishing pass with real money.... I have so far only sold extra stuff when trying to actually create materials for creating /crafting an item or for sale to others.

-------------------

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-14 14:20:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

>When your character first appears in Athens when you play the game for the first time...
there is a quest tracking list on the screen on the right....it has the beginner quest line showing... and a few other quests pop up as well.

I'm WAY past that.
===
Get this: fought a grizzly bear and picked up a naval, or sea, profession point!

Signature