Voyage Online Today: 16    Total Posts: 84215

Total:#33

Create Thread

[Discussion] Small frozen when opening new interface (Pet or A/B Bar)

Hot Topics [Copy link] 32/1477

Posted on 2017-04-11 10:55:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

From 2 days ago i am getting 5 second frozen game when opening new interfaces like a pet or the A or B bars. It's really annoying. 

Already updated gpu drivers & ,restarted pc, rooter, and tried with only 1 client open. Still happens. 

Happened to anyone? My next step is full re install of the game.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-11 10:59:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

also, before, when i logged, i had a few seconds message "loading, please wait" and then a real smooth way to character selection, now it frozens a bit and directly shows characters.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-11 11:11:02 | Show thread starter's posts only

Probably an issue with your internet access. Game is programed to freeze while waiting for server reply.

This is usually most obvious during server crashes, when the whole client literally freezes for 30 seconds before it realizes there's no response. I've also noticed the game freezes while loading guild members list, but only if there are close to 200 members in the guild, it doesn't happen in small guilds.

I suggest you to wait a couple of days for your connection to stabilize.

Other issue could be your HDD. Try to scan it with some health checking software to determine if there are any read/write errors, bad sectors and such.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-04-11 11:32:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

It wouldn't hurt to run a a few different spyware and antivirus programs.
Maybe something is running you dont know about.

and make sure what ever you use clears your cache and cookies.

I find that after the game has been running and been changing scenes for over a couple hours things can sometimes get slow.
So I use CCleaner 1-3x per day.. and I have antivirus running at all times in the background.
(and not just when running VCO, I use it when ever I'm on the net, I usually clear cache and cookies before shutting down.).

- Ele

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Posted on 2017-04-11 12:21:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

2 things I got rid of on my computer that were drastically reducing my speed and creating lag were CCleaner Active Monitoring (CCleaner itself is a great program just turn off its Active Monitoring feature) and Window Defender. Windows Defender was the worst and you can't permanently disable it in Windows 10 without registry editing or changing user group control policies (Only available in Windows 10 Pro or server version)

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-11 14:49:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

Try to use tracert command in cmd and try to trace IGG servers to see if theres any delay and where it comes from.

I think this is the correct set of IP's, correct me if I'm wrong.

Columbus [63.251.49.16]
Magellan & Marco Polo [63.251.49.38 and 63.251.49.39]
Dagama & James Cook [63.251.49.40 and 63.251.49.41]
Zheng He [63.251.49.42 and 63.251.49.43]

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-04-11 16:56:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

I did all recommended. It's not internet, checked it on the other pc at home and it works well. 

Asked around and heard of 2 other people with this issue within the last 2 days, just like me, i think this piece of data is key.

Pc is optimized to un almost nothing, and can run last games at max resolutions. 

Something is happening from last 2 days.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-11 18:37:58 | Show thread starter's posts only

Open up task manager and go to the tab below (the link marked with the red arrow gives even more detailed information)

leave it running in the background while you're playing VCO and after a spike like that, check it and see if memory or cpu or hdd spiked, can help track it down or rule out some possibilities.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-12 01:28:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

Note softnik said he tried another computer and it worked ok....

so if he used the same internet connection??  then it has to be something on that particular computer...

graphics card maybe?? drivers?? the spike in use might indicate if some thing is running with out you knowing.... or something updated and vco doesn't like it.

ill leave this to you computer experts...

just thought id try to summarize..

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017