Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 87026

Total:#19

Create Thread

[Discussion] the good event is the one that 40%-60% players can complete

[Copy link] 18/1945

Posted on 2014-08-21 03:01:40 | Show thread starter's posts only

if we create a boss with very high damage ,no one can defeat ,it's not hard for us.
or create a boss with poor hp ,and every one can defeat it ,it's also very easy.

So our target is :create the event ,only 40%-60% players can complete,that's very difficult.

if u can do it ,because u have some advantage compare with other players

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-21 04:32:01 | Show thread starter's posts only

What is the potential reward as this requires team work and large participating %. Can I suggest some individual drops but for server also if target is beaten , maybe a double drop or other server reward .
This looks like fun , especially on servers without much active pvp .
It seems something to look forward to .

Signature
.http://voyagecentury.wikia.com 
Visit yourpiratescove.com for game features !
[url=http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976]http://vc.forum.igg.com/topic?ctid=48976[/url]
Posted on 2014-08-21 06:22:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

Please note this is an OLD bumped thread... started in 2014
that we can not close the thread because it was started by Fok.
nor can i comment in Fok (first post) or Leds (2nd post) because their rank is higher than mine

- Ele

-------------------------------------
Your example only talks about fighting bosses.

Its not difficult really, events dont have to be about fighting.

This was once a game of exploration, everyone can do that.

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-21 13:09:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

Well I can understand event like this, but  wouldn't it be a little bit more interesting, to add events which didn't include fighting mobs?
I mean this is game with so huge world to explore, so many unvisited places, so many unseen things to see in ocean and  secret places to hide or  look up on land.
I appreciate the fact of trying to add some  new things, but in my opinion this cant be called an event.  This is just again some reward for killing something, same like it was with mausoleum instance before patch when we got OMO reward.

I mean wouldn't it be fun to give people  chance to collect something, to explore the world to drive around  and find something,  dig the grounds, fight the sea buffs to reach some lands or make something what involves some effort  by doing something more than 1 hoour per day, that would be a nice event  with 50 MO reward, but now ..

...now it just feels like yes I have a nice gear, yes I can kill that boss, yes I will kill him while ding that instance and yes I will get some reward... it's just no fun in such event at all, especially cause many cant even  try to participate in it.

good event is where 100% can participate and with some effort  could  finish it.

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-21 15:35:53 | Show thread starter's posts only

I have to agree, I would love to have exploration style events that everyone can participate in... just fighting gets redundant.

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-21 16:26:05 | Show thread starter's posts only

A event that only 40% to 60% of players can complete is not a good event a event should be for any1 at any skill lvl to take party in and the rewards should be the same for all that take part in that event

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-21 19:50:50 | Show thread starter's posts only

thx for reply
about the exploration ,it depends on how good ur computer is ,u can log on many characters at same time.

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-21 23:12:06 | Show thread starter's posts only

I liked the event with Temple dragons on Crete Island. It required a lot of players working together. I remember there was like half of the Columbus server on Crete working together to kill those 3 dragons from Temple. As a reward we got a double drop weekend. Everyone was happy and everyone had much fun. That event was held only once or twice unfortunately.
Later we had events with hydra and other creatures from Temple instance on Crete, but the reward was bad and barely anyone participated.

I think most people care about prizes and they don't care about event content. You can create any kind of monster for players to kill but if you make rewards bad, like IGG mostly does, no one will bother participating.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2014-08-22 00:14:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

world boss crete minotaur  dropping mino axe with 2000 att,,,we need it

Signature
Posted on 2014-08-22 00:32:20 | Show thread starter's posts only

or a weapon that one shots all bosses ,

yes people care about the reward, which  ends up being something thta igg won't give away just for sailing from one place to another or killing sea boss that players with plain 120 sea gear can kil and expecting the item or items to be useful in the long run , i.e a perm item.  

Because for certain ppl that will just be a farming place for them or there alts. then there's the issue of bound,
if you want to make where everyone gets something then boundaries have to be set on what rewards is on what boss or how hard the exploration could be.

So like you said no one cares what the they have to do if all can do it  most just want items that benefit them in someway either to use or sell when the event has gone and they have farmed alts to get them.  

the reward will then most likely be bassed on the average players gear and will be ms fragments or small amount of something else.

Signature