Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 96566

Total:#15

Create Thread

[Discussion] What happened to the game....?

[Copy link] 14/2719

Posted on 2014-01-16 10:14:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Few years ago I checked this game and I LIKED IT ALOT! It was amazing, no game has ever offered so many things to do, and it was challenging. I simply loved the fact that you have to spend some time even to get lvl 31 at skills, and I visited the game few months ago and saw that you can get 5? or 3? books that gives insta 100 skills, you get free best ships, why?? Why did this game got ruined by making it super easy to start? The main attraction here was the thing you have to put effort to achieve something, pfft why should the community waste their time if we can just give them 100 skills at the beginning... I just want someone to say why this was implented, cause Im sure its not making the game better, only to lose its players, as I really dont want to play a game in which I had like 500 total after playing a month and now you can get that after you create your character.. Its not about my effort I lost, its more about that me (and quite many people too I think) like to put effort for gains.

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 10:58:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

they give it to you for free. it's not obligatory to use that stuff

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 11:58:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

The game is an extremely long grind.
To go from level 1 to becoming full inquisitor equipment most players wont reach.
To help remove the massive gap in between low level and high level they help you out.. a lot.

If you started at level 0 without any help (like the pre profession version) most people wouldn't give the game 1 week.

The current system allows players to become fairly strong, fairly quick. Simple as.
The game has changed, you either adapt to enjoy it still or leave.

As for you liking to put effort in, try and get on a land battle or ocean overlord list. lol.

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 11:59:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

Many people thinks so, saying " they ruined game" "now they give everything free"... But it's just a way to catch up players that had been there for years. They do give level 10 ship of every kind ( and RS lvl 11 ) but there are already lvl 12 - 13 and soon we having 14 and 15 ship level, so, even those lvl 10 ships are like nothing worth anymore, just helps people to do it's story-lines, etc. They also give 3 Reward coins, what makes you reach insta lvl 100 at 3 skills, so?, you have a lot to go.
  Anyway, what's important these days, since story-line takes you to lvl 131 and they also give 120 gear for free, all your efforts should be on refining it and upgrading that gear, that will never change, or we hope so.

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 13:49:24 | Show thread starter's posts only

Im sorry but I don't agree to you, first of all is it fair for those who actually grinded that now people get it for free? No it's not! Also it was fun to explore/do merchant tasks for better ships, save money as it costed to rebuild and so on, and now whats the point of newbie merchant tasks when you get super boat and alot of cash anyways? whats the point to discover things when you already have a good boat, I understand even after these free gifts its alot to go in this game, but these things actually ruins the game for newcommers. And about the idea of people leaving after a week if they dont get this....Well this is stupid, the game is just amazing, as there's so much to do at the very beginning, and now theres nothing you should do really, just stay with ur open quest log and push on green text, game will bring you to places you need...

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 14:07:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by 3698741250 at 16/1/2014 13:49
Im sorry but I don't agree to you, first of all is it fair for those who actually grinded that now people get it for free? No it's not! Also it was fun to explore/do merchant tasks for better ships, s ...

Some people consider the raids the most fun part of the game.. also probably the most important.

You might not agree with whats been said, but this is the game now. And its not going to change.

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 14:26:54 | Show thread starter's posts only

You seem to be worried about ships. Let me ask you, what ship did you have?, weren't you tired of slow sailling?
    I 've been playing since 2007, I seen every change they did, when they came with profession gear, I made, without Item Mall, every piece of my gear 120. Wasn't easy.
When I saw they started giving it for free, it didn't sound well, was dissapointing. Some months later I started to like, since I could get like a second gear, try different things such as hitter/tanker drills...
  My point is, I like those starters to start to catch up us now, instead of being 3 years trying to get what we already got. when that famous patch comes, it seems we getting even 140 set for free, and still sounds good since every player, that actually plays, has 140+ gear pimped.
Like JAYFITZY said, starters would quit in a week cause the huge difference betwen old players and them. Just consider that point

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 15:26:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

well...off course its a lil sad that the game kinda lost all its old content, since you really dont need to do all that stuff anymore.
high lvl content needs to be added , just as a way to catch up for beginners...

its just a matter of how you like it NOW i guess, if its still worth playing to you

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 15:35:09 | Show thread starter's posts only

refining is the big grind of all even with IM haha , but snails not going to change their game
side notes I bet people complained when nubs like me had a dragon head gunboat with better stats than their ship

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-16 15:41:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

the game dynamics have changed
the game difficulty pre profession used to be on a scale of 1 to 10, then they came along and changed the scale to 1 to 30
yea the players that had the good gear before profession got hosed by the new gear, but there's nothing u can do.
the game has to expand to keep interest, new content keeps the game playable, this is how it is for all online and multiplayer games.
them giving away lvl 10 ships and stuff is in essence them giving the newb gear before. remember when u got a set of recruit jewelry and a land star uniform? pretty much the same thing.
go look up the stats for the dragon gear and compare to the stats of the profession gear. my hat has better stats than a whole black dragon set lol. but in turn there are mobs that are so hard that im swiss cheese if i look at them.
the current system is also great in the fact that we get to keep our gear once it hits 120 and just upgrade it, we dont lose our work and have to remake and refine a new set each time we gain levels.
make no mistake, the prof system has its flaws

but basically what u remember being valuable from several years ago isnt anymore, the game has evolved
and if u played the whole time, would u want some new content by now? wouldnt u be bored with 5 years of the same thing? of course u would.

like i said yea the gear from before the prof patch got hosed u wont get an argument there, but there is no real comparison with the new stuff
go look at the prof gear guide and look at the stats and the materials required- http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=52290
look at what is required to make lvl 13 ships- http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=53487
look in the test server thread at what it takes to make lvl 14 or 15 ships, or the new sea gear

look at the stats on the mobs in the new instances, go play the crete or mallorca instances
u will see why a gear upgrade is needed

and a lot of this wont make sense til u have to start collecting magnetic ore or imperial gold, when u have to start grinding for it, then u realize how difficult it is.

in summary
just give this version a try, what do u have to lose?

Signature