Voyage Online Today: 1    Total Posts: 96566

Total:#11

Create Thread

[Discussion] I wish to help to translate Client config To Spanish

[Copy link] 10/6475

Posted on 2014-01-11 04:37:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

I wish to help to translate Client config To Spanish .May be all hole client is a hard work for me alone, but at least the configuration in game and same guides
Is there any chances?
can i have the text files ? where i can do that.
thanks

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-11 04:39:16 | Show thread starter's posts only

Altering or editing game files is illegal, and if VCO wanted a Spanish version they'd have to ask Snail first for their permission.

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-11 06:00:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

There are literally 100 000+ lines of code you would have to translate. With every new update those would reset back to default English. So you would need to have a backup somewhere and you would have to merge the new codes with your translated ones every time. It would take a lot of time and energy.

I could give you a few pointers on which files contain most of the text's used in game, if you would like to try to make an internal patch for yourself and your friends. We could even feature it on our vco wiki. We can make a project page there. Just don't expect it being official patch tho. This is an English version of the game, IGG have no interest in translating it to other languages as it would double their job of maintaining the game with every update. They have a rule about editing game files, its illegal, but you shouldn't concerned with that since translating the game doesn't alter it in any way for you to gain advantage or extra features.

Again, I repeat its a hard job and it would take a lot of time, so think twice before starting.

[ Last edited by DSOFA at 2014-1-11 12:07 ]

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2014-01-11 16:39:19 | Show thread starter's posts only

Actually, there is a spanish version. Snail doesn't own it, I don't know much about. It's called Maravillosa Aventura or something. Anyway, if you need any help translating text in game or a "guide" like you said, contact me

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-11 18:49:49 | Show thread starter's posts only

creo que muchos quisieran traducir el cliente de ingles a español pero en realidad es una version en ingles, el 60% de los jugadores solo habla  ingles, la mayoria son de europa,  y la comunidad de habla hispana es muy pequeña seria una perdida de tiempo traducir todo eso para al fin tener que hablar ingles para interactuar con otros jugadores este juego es muy basado juego en equipo cuando se  llega alto nivel, entoces piensenlo.

[ Last edited by LUIJO at 2014-1-11 21:18 ]

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-12 17:22:17 | Show thread starter's posts only

whole client translate would be up to snail, but i do believe as mentioned they have a spanish version
as for configs and stuff, im not sure how changing the text in them would effect game play without changing the code to compensate for the different language characters.
u might translate the whole thing with line numbers that spanish speaking ppl can use as reference in the english ones.

as for the guides, that is Eles dept
we do have a few non english guides, but for the most part this is an english forum. guides in other languages are harder to maintain cause they rely on ppl that specifically speak that language to maintain them. none of the mods speak spanish so we cant do it and they usually become out of date rather fast cause of player turn over.
there are always translation websites, but if u wish to do guides manually Ele is the one to ask

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-12 17:35:10 | Show thread starter's posts only

Spanish version ceased operations November last year.

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-12 18:07:13 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by seleniummc at 12-1-2014 23:22
as for configs and stuff, im not sure how changing the text in them would effect game play without changing the code to compensate for the different language characters.

If you would want to translate the whole config files, then you would literally have to change the code of the whole game. Most of the code is on Chinese anyways so it would be hard deciphering all of it. You would require source code which only snail game has. So its basically impossible and there would be no point in that. On other hand, if you would like to change the text appearing in game, like task names, descriptions, npc names, dialogues, stats, buffs etc. that could be done easily and it wouldn't have any effect on the game at all. You wouldn't need to compensate anything. You wouldn't need to change the whole code. You would only have to change whole bunch of ini files and that's doable with notepad. You don't even need any special knowledge in the field.

Signature

Posted on 2014-01-12 22:14:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

Original posted by JAYFITZY at 2014-1-12 17:35
Spanish version ceased operations November last year.

not it wasn't spanish that was kind brazilian version cause it was all in portoguese lol

Signature
Posted on 2014-01-13 03:56:33 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yep, they even had their own wiki page.

http://pt.vco.wikia.com

Signature