Voyage Online Today: 16    Total Posts: 84215

Total:#12

Create Thread

[Discussion] Rescue slaves

[Copy link] 11/979

Posted on 2013-11-08 05:44:03 | Show thread starter's posts only

PLEASE NOTE:  There were 2 possibly 3 totally different quests with this same name.

1) was a fleet quest which has been removed from the game (Luanda to Cape of Good hope)

2) was probably the slaves event quest given by the "Slave Trader" to Pirate nationalities at Dakar Dock; which has not been run in a long long time so I can not confirm actual quest name. Pirate nationalities were given 10 slaves to take to Tortuga.

3) is the quest given by the Spanish Military officer in Seville (bottom of ramp).
See post #12 for quest text.  (Dakar to Tortuga) It is also part of the Slaves event but is still able to be accepted recently... see post #12 on how to possibly complete it.

- Ele 4/15/2017

================================================================

I do this mission but i don't found slave ship... near luanda : nothing ; near cape of gode hope battelfield : nothing...

where are these ships ?

Signature
Posted on 2013-11-08 07:24:43 | Show thread starter's posts only

If you mean the slaves event:

http://vc.igg.com/news/4395/Tige ... e_Slaves_Event.html

Ships have to be another (pirate nationality) player "attempting" to get to tortue.

Most people help each other to complete this, try asking around in game.

If you mean the fleet quest, rescue slaves:

http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=37153

" ***Fleet Quests (and Fleets) were removed with the December 14, 2011 Poseidon Update.  - Ele"

So you wont find those.

[ Last edited by Aremur at 2013-11-8 07:25 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-11-08 13:17:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

I recognize this account name as also asking the question about objects used for old quests....

so most likely you are trying to play with an old account.

There has been problems with the storyline quests on old accounts...  the quests change with the updates but the characters open and future quests do not change and there fore can not be finished.

so try the following:

1) quit EVERY open task you can ( you can accept them again later)
then re boot/ restart game.

2) if it is a beginner storyline task... it may not reset.
You have to contact support and have them manually re-set your character.

please read the following thread on how to contact support as contacting support is now a big headache:

How To Contact IGG Support

however, I would like to add.   If you are still doing beginner storyline tasks with your character it probably in not leveled above 100 or 120..
if this is the case, I suggest you just make a new character on a new account (with different email) and trade any money or wanted objects to you new character.
New characters can level to 120 with about 24 hours continuous play.. plus new players/characters are given a lot of extra stuff ; lvl 10 ships, potions, charms  etc
read the list in the beginner quest line to see what a new character gets.

Use list of guides to find guides.

- Ele

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Posted on 2017-04-13 20:09:08 | Show thread starter's posts only

404 page error.

I'm on a quest from the Spanish Military(?) Officer in Seville to rescue slaves being taken from Dakar to Tortuga.

Signature
IGG solved mine by having me run the game as admministrator--the kicker is that I am the admin on this computer!
Posted on 2017-04-14 00:57:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

Aremur is right. You have to find another pirate nationality player. That player must accept slave task in Dakar and you have to kill that player in high sea and get slaves. When you get slaves (10) your ship become a small slave ship.

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-14 08:11:57 | Show thread starter's posts only

>That player must accept slave task in Dakar

How would we know?

Signature
IGG solved mine by having me run the game as admministrator--the kicker is that I am the admin on this computer!
Posted on 2017-04-14 09:34:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

Guys, this is an old thread, from 2013. Slave task was different back then.

Back then players with pirate nationality had to take task in Dakar and would receive Slaves they had to deliver to Tortuga. Players with non-pirate nationality took their task in Seville and had to sink pirate players carrying Slaves after which they had to loot them and take them back to Seville.

These days you don't have to sink another player carrying slaves, you can go in front of Dakar and some West African Pirate ship with blue sails will spawn and attack you, dropping slaves if you manage to sink it.

As much as I appreciate you using search function to find solutions to your problems, I would kindly ask you not to bump these old threads as they are only causing confusion. These tasks get updated with every new version so most of the questions/threads that are older than 2 years are probably no longer valid and give you wrong information. I strongly encourage you to make a new thread and ask your questions there, you can even link some old threads and ask for a clarification on some points.

Signature
Help us at Voyage Century Wikia!
http://voyagecentury.wikia.com

Check out various tools for VCO at The Pirate's Cove:
http://yourpiratescove.com
Posted on 2017-04-14 12:50:48 | Show thread starter's posts only

>you can go in front of Dakar and some West African Pirate ship with blue sails will spawn and attack you, dropping slaves if you manage to sink it.

Alright!  Thanks for the info!

>As much as I appreciate you using search function to find solutions to your problems, I would kindly ask you not to bump these old threads as they are only causing confusion.

Us noobs have no way of knowing what has been changed.  May I suggest that the out-dated threads get removed or locked?

Allow me as an old manager with two decades of experience in the field of customer service to pass along a real cheap (lo-cost) bit of advice (stop if you've heard this! ;)): an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure.  And it works!

Signature
Posted on 2017-04-14 13:23:31 | Show thread starter's posts only

Don,
this game has been going for 10 + years.

True with the latest forum change they only transferred over ALL THREADS that were created during or after 2013 or were added to/ editied since 2013....

However I shiver to wonder just how many threads that is.
We can not even keep up with the guides in the guides section, there is no way we can possibly find every thread, read it and decide if it is obsolete or not.

That is what the posting date and date in each reply is for.

Also, so you understand a little better...
Back in February of 2014 we had an "update" so big that it was pretty much a whole new game.
The update was so big, IGG did not even make a patch, we all had to delete our old game files and install/reinstall the game.

(and this is probably why the 2013 cut off of forum threads... with 1 year overlap just in case something got talked about)

- Ele

Signature
Halloween
Tuesday, October 31, 2017

Posted on 2017-04-14 16:15:52 | Show thread starter's posts only

>we all had to delete our old game files and install/reinstall the game.

Someone didn't think that through!  Screwing the customers is not good.
===
Sat outside Dakar for 15 minutes.  My time is too valuable to waste on that kind of nonsense.

Signature