Voyage Online Today: 4    Total Posts: 92757

Total:#21

Create Thread

[Discussion] Voyage skill and free lvl 10 ships

[Copy link] 20/3588

Posted on 2013-03-23 04:24:39 | Show thread starter's posts only

yep voy is auto phase 2 when u make a character
and as mentioned i suggest saving the ability gold for after u have already done the other 7 phase 2 promotions
voy is really easy just afking near gibralter all night and during the day when not at home. free lunches we get 3x and 4x xp scrolls now and then, there are the double xp scrolls and u get a free one use dxp daily from guild hall for contribution. oh and blessed pellets give dxp

also, if u use a phase 2 promotion book from the IM before u use all ur free phase 2s then it locks the remaining free promotions.... im not sure if the ability gold does the same? has someone tried?

[ Last edited by seleniummc at 2013-3-23 05:26 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-23 11:44:30 | Show thread starter's posts only

if u use a phase 2 promotion book from the IM before u use all ur free phase 2s then it locks the remaining free promotions.... im not sure if the ability gold does the same? has someone tried?

I am not sure what you mean by "locks"....

I have not leveled a new character in a while but using a phase 2 scroll (prior to promoting 7 for free or the 8th for 5 million) would use up one of your "free 8 - phase 2 promotions"...
and as I said earlier it works the same for the ability gold.... or at least it did a year ago...

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-3-23 08:46 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-23 12:12:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

I made a new character a few days ago... since Voyage is auto promoted, you can raise 7 other skills to 31 and promote them to phs 2, the 7th one takes 5 kk to promote it. Then you can use your ability gold to raise 4 more skills to lvl 100. You can also get phs 2 and phs 3 skill books from the trading points cards in Barcelona.

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-23 13:13:26 | Show thread starter's posts only

I never got auto voyage promotion on the nubs I make .

Signature
http://voyagecentury.fandom.com

http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2013-03-23 15:41:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

Yeah Voyage is already yellow colored.. it will raise up to 100 and then have to get a phs 3 skillbook for it, but never had to have a phs 2 skillbook.

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-23 19:29:32 | Show thread starter's posts only

well a long time ago someone i knew used a phase 2 book they had on their character from the IM, they hadnt used all of their free phase 2 promotions yet, when they leveled a new skill and tried to promote it for free the system told them they were out of free promotions. using the book "locked" their remaining free promotions

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-24 17:03:22 | Show thread starter's posts only

I would guess that person from long ago... had a bugged character or they unknowingly used the scroll on their 8th promotion.

sigh  i guess i will go create a character  brb

ok definitely voyage shows as yellow and therefor a phase 2 skill even though your level is 0 when you start.
But personally  after playing for an hour I still cant sail my free level 10 ship unless voyage is 91 or higher...
so I have no idea why they make voyage already phase 2  when a beginner will need to use the ability gold, so they can use the free ships.
I suppose I could play old school for a week and afk sail when I'm not home IF someone doesn't decide to kill me
but I will still recommend using the ability gold on voyage and sea battle (AKA. sailing ability and sea fight ability)

not leveled enough yet to find out if i cant promote after using a ability gold or a ph 2 scroll

Edit 1
Ok, Using ability gold does NOT lock out free promotions at the skill tutor... this I have checked.
Promoted sea battle with the ability gold and then eloquence with my free phase 2 at skill tutor.
There is no way to check if the ability gold counted as one of my free promotions until I level a lot more, but I am pretty sure it does.... I doubt i will get to that point soon to check so if anyone knows for sure please say so.

EDIT 2
I promoted a 3rd skill (Sword) using a phase 2 book/scroll from the item mall (not one from in game) and then was still able to promote a 4th (bare hand)  for free from the skill tutor.

So I have no idea how your friend got "locked out" of his free promotions unless he just wasn't clicking the skill tutor interface in the correct order...  you HAVE to click the tab then the skill to open the promotion interface... I know because i was accidentally clicking the skill on the wrong tab then the tab... and it took one of those brain f@rt minutes to realize what i was doing wrong.

Again I ASSUME using that phase 2 book also counted as one of my free promotions... but wont know for some time if I ever decide to play that character again,,,,  off to bed, work tomorrow..

- Ele

ps  just as a note for new players or returning old players... my character is now level 50 and I only played for about 4-5 hours  just doing the storyline and a little extra killing until i got all the auths for goats, belweathers, reindeer, wolves, bears, wild men on mallorca + 50 weekend shortbread (which took me to 31 eloquence in one turn in).

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-3-24 20:17 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-25 03:47:11 | Show thread starter's posts only

I don't think he means it locked out ALL promotions, just that it counted as one of the 7/8 free ones regardless of it being ability gold or a phase 2 book.

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-25 21:06:14 | Show thread starter's posts only

I would try re-reading what Sel said
in a nut shell he said; it locked his friend out of further free promotions

someone i knew used a phase 2 book they had on their character from the IM,

they hadnt used all of their free phase 2 promotions yet,

when they leveled a new skill and tried to promote it for free the system told them they were out of free promotions.

using the book "locked" their remaining free promotions

The character i leveled yesterday prooves this was a fluke...
you do not get locked out of your free promotions if you use a IM phase 2 book
(yes it uses up one free promotion, but it does NOT lock you out of using how ever many of the 7 others you have remaining)

My 2 possible explainations for this were;

1)  they really only had 1 free promotion (or actually the 5 million coin promotion)  left (they lost count).  Using the book used up that "free" promotion
(this has ALWAYS been the case since phase 2 scrolls were introduced... that they will use up one of your free promotions or the 8th - 5 million coin promotion)

2) they were clicking the interface incorrectly and therfore did not get the promotion interface to show.

- Ele

[ Last edited by xanthian31 at 2013-3-25 18:16 ]

Signature
Posted on 2013-03-26 04:20:56 | Show thread starter's posts only

So moral of the story is... try to avoid using IM phase 2 books, you can get up to 12 skills promoted free which is plenty to be getting on with.

Last few can be promoted cheaper with books from trading points cards:

http://forum.vc.igg.com/viewthread.php?tid=55467&page=1#pid441017

Signature