Voyage Online Today: 26    Total Posts: 91552

Total:#3

Create Thread

[Discussion] Complete Overhaul

[Copy link] 2/1512

Posted on 2013-02-27 08:22:07 | Show thread starter's posts only

I've on and off played this game since 2008, and I've yet to see an overhaul that's made me go "wow!"

Sure, there are the minor expansions, but where are the major graphics updates? The engine improvements? The outbalancing?

Is such an overhaul even realistic for a game like this? And if it were, what would you like to see in it?

Signature
Posted on 2013-02-27 09:07:18 | Show thread starter's posts only

No its not realistic. It won't happen.

The game is released in 2006. For that time the graphics were amazing. Since then, they never did anything to improve it, to keep up with the modern graphics.

The game is programmed badly. It has so many problems raging from memory problems to graphic card compatibility. Since the first release, the game suffers from memory leak, they never found time to fix it in the past 7 years. The game has issues with integrated graphic cards (laptops),  its constantly crashing, as well as having problems with most other cards. In general, the game is running slow. In many instances I'm getting less than 20 FPS, sometimes I see literally a slideshow. Its not my PC. My hardware is 2 times better than recommended requirements for this game.

The point is that the game is carrying lots of issues for the past 7 years. They never bothered to fix them. That's why I don't believe they will ever do a major graphic, engine update.

I would most certainly like to see an update which will drastically improve the performance of the game. I don't care about the actual graphic. Graphic is not the important part of the game. There are some amazing games out there like Runescape which have very sucky graphic, but amazing gameplay. I would just like to be able to play the game like every other. I'm sick and tired of having to restart the game every few scenes and I'm sick and tired of seeing slideshows...

Signature

Navigator, tools, guides and much more!
Visit us at: http://thepiratescove.org
Posted on 2013-02-27 10:37:41 | Show thread starter's posts only

i agree with this. can we actually get an update that improve gameplay?

Signature